How to double SWTOR income and increase subscriber growth

Holocron

I'll never understand why people keep asking for the Chevin event to return. For starters, it wouldn't make sense lore wise, as it was a one time event leading up to the arrival of the Gree.

Secondly, it was probably the most poorly implemented POS event ever in the history of this game, if not in MMOs in general. Hundreds of people standing in a small space waiting for one clickable to spawn that AT MOST 4 could get credit for, if they were grouped. God forbid you had to click things in a sequence like on DK for that event, it was damn near impossible to complete unless you did it at like 3 AM, because people would always reset it.

Yeah. Fun.

Edited by Andrellma

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand why people keep asking for the Chevin event to return. For starters, it wouldn't make sense lore wise, as it was a one time event leading up to the arrival of the Gree.

Secondly, it was probably the most poorly implemented POS event ever in the history of this game, if not in MMOs in general. Hundreds of people standing in a small space waiting for one clickable to spawn that AT MOST 4 could get credit for, if they were grouped. God forbid you had to click things in a sequence like on DK for that event, it was damn near impossible to complete unless you did it at like 3 AM, because people would always reset it.

Yeah. Fun.

I'm not saying the event has to be exact, in fact, they could easily change some of the quest and make it a brand new hybrid event for us. The Gree are here now collecting some other data in the galaxy, and besides, who doesn't want to RC control droids in a race??!!! :D

that is why i said give it to a decent company to make decent game.

EA is greedy and stupid, spending that much money but not having at least some expert QA group of veteran mmo players to check the very early build of some part of the game and tell them that engine sucks in every thing not just what you mentioned but in my opinion in graphics and animation also specially at lunch. yes EA is greedy and stupid.

game basically lunched in 2012 and people were laughing at poor quality of the game at lunch and EA never monitored BW and just throw money at game, now to make that money back and more you see today's swtor condition.

however BW on the other hand made mass effect and dragon age even they last game DA:Inquisition was very good game,

BW is great single player game maker, giving it to BW without having some expert monitoring them was huge mistake and stupid.

they basically made single player game right from the beginning rather than mmo.

Thing is EA does lot of things right. Nostalgia may make people bad mouth things but ME and DA are EA era games, Dead Space, their sports games, Battlefield, Medal of Honor etc. The problem here was BW and their team period. EA doesn't say "do this or that" EA says "we want a Star Wars MMO, you did all the TOR games so we are giving it to you. Give us a proposal on the game content and a proposed budget.". BW then decides how they are going to make the game.

I like BW so don't get me wrong but they are not perfect. They are the ones who screwed up here. If they were still an independent company and had gotten the IP on their own there is no reason to believe this game would have turned out differently. EA has so many different games going on that have drastically different conventions. There would be no way for them to micro manage them. That is why they hire, and when necessary fire, managers, producers and lead designers.

Edited by Ghisallo

Thing is EA does lot of things right. Nostalgia may make people bad mouth things but ME and DA are EA era games, Dead Space, their sports games, Battlefield, Medal of Honor etc. The problem here was BW and their team period. EA doesn't say "do this or that" EA says "we want a Star Wars MMO, you did all the TOR games so we are giving it to you. Give us a proposal on the game content and a proposed budget.". BW then decides how they are going to make the game.

I like BW so don't get me wrong but they are not perfect. They are the ones who screwed up here. If they were still an independent company and had gotten the IP on their own there is no reason to believe this game would have turned out differently. EA has so many different games going on that have drastically different conventions. There would be no way for them to micro manage them. That is why they hire, and when necessary fire, managers, producers and lead designers.

I too directly blame Bioware. Yeah they may need to be accountable for every penny spent now, but their design choices and execution have been horrendous. It's no wonder why EA may have turned down funding to a mere dribble. Bioware has clearly fumbled this ball, and honestly I think it was because of their inexperience with MMO's, and they actually bit off way more than they could chew. This really shows in the launch of the game when many basic mmo features were completely absent at the time