Stats, what are they? and are they real?

SaerethDL

I've really been wondering, stats like alacrity, surge, power, crit, etc, etc, what do they really mean?

Why are they so complicated?

Do all of the stats really apply the effects?

Without a combat log it's really impossible to determine if some of the stats are even working as described, if they are truly bugged, or just place holders.

Bioware you should shed some light on the subject. Thats all

Check your character sheet.

If you mouse-over that different stats/bonuses in your character sheet, you'll get a tooltip explaining what each is based on. In the bottom section you have 2 panes showing your effectiveness. There is a drop-down for each pain to choose what type of stats you want to see. If you're a force user, choose Force, if you're a healer, choose Healing. Then put your mouse over the stats and it will show you what attributes (power, surge, crit, alacrity, etc.) applies to that stat and how much each adds to it.

It took me a few days to figure this out, but it really gives you a much better understanding of the attributes and how they apply.

I've really been wondering, stats like alacrity, surge, power, crit, etc, etc, what do they really mean?

Why are they so complicated?

Do all of the stats really apply the effects?

Without a combat log it's really impossible to determine if some of the stats are even working as described, if they are truly bugged, or just place holders.

Bioware you should shed some light on the subject. Thats all

Have people gotten to rely so heavy on add-ons that they don't even research what is given to them by the game? Mouse over your character's stats, it shows you in HIGH details what each stat does. For example surge rating = mouse over crit multiplier, BAM. And yeah, they do work, if you actually pay attention to your character's regular numbers and then get an upgrade.