The greatest QoL improvement for OPhealers!

aristrokratie

This should have been done centuries ago, at least with the changes to the ui editor in 3.0...

I'D BE SO HAPPY IF WE COULD TRACK OUR HOTS SEPERATELY ON OUR OPSFRAMES!

The dream: to have the system let us prioritize HoTs over other worthless buffs on the Ops frame.

If only Bioware would stop being lazy....

nah the game already shows you great info on the raid frame like that people have their jedi knight/consular/soldier/smuggler buffs up. This is extremely important intel and should take precedence over trivial details like hot stacks/ remaining duration.

on a serious note, it will never happen for two reasons. 1) it would require a modicum of programming effort to implement and BioWare hasn't even enough competence left on their staff to correctly activate an event these days and 2) the idea is not retarded enough for them to consider it in the first place. You would have more luck suggesting that hot-spread idea which definitively meets the requirements of being retarded enough to be seriously considered by BioWare.

nah the game already shows you great info on the raid frame like that people have their jedi knight/consular/soldier/smuggler buffs up. This is extremely important intel and should take precedence over trivial details like hot stacks/ remaining duration.

on a serious note, it will never happen for two reasons. 1) it would require a modicum of programming effort to implement and BioWare hasn't even enough competence left on their staff to correctly activate an event these days and 2) the idea is not retarded enough for them to consider it in the first place. You would have more luck suggesting that hot-spread idea which definitively meets the requirements of being retarded enough to be seriously considered by BioWare.

Hotspread IS RETARDED as it'd dumpen down the spec and require a nerf to hots...

kolto waves need to heal for less, surgical probe should be our bread and butter st spam, kolto probe should heal for considerably more and kolto cloud needs a higher spread radius or a time window in which it can spread.

Hotspread IS RETARDED as it'd dumpen down the spec and require a nerf to hots...

kolto waves need to heal for less, surgical probe should be our bread and butter st spam, kolto probe should heal for considerably more and kolto cloud needs a higher spread radius or a time window in which it can spread.

I would LOVE a buff to HoTs and a nerf to Kolto Wave. It would make Operatives focus on the HoTs more then their filler abilities that can be interrupted. At least for F-sake just scale up HoTs to the current HP because they are healing for the same as they were when HP was 40k.

I would LOVE a buff to HoTs and a nerf to Kolto Wave. It would make Operatives focus on the HoTs more then their filler abilities that can be interrupted. At least for F-sake just scale up HoTs to the current HP because they are healing for the same as they were when HP was 40k.

Here's my calculations:

They ticked for 1362 without the RN healing buff

so that's 1362 on approximately 40k life.

Health pools were increased by 30k, that's 75%.

So our hots should be doing 2.3835 k healing per tick. Plus recup buff it'd be ~2.503k per tick.

If we add in our incresed critchance we would get about 10% less out of that so about 2.25k but this still would be a great buff the class needs.

I would LOVE a buff to HoTs and a nerf to Kolto Wave. It would make Operatives focus on the HoTs more then their filler abilities that can be interrupted.

It's the raid-wide in PvE, so nerfing it will be bad for PvE. But HoTs and Surgical are behind damage delivery for PvP, while the Wave requires the group to be stacked which won't happen much in PvP.

Yes, but Kolto Wave is specifically designed to apply max heal to max people, particularly in 16M. HoTs stacking is not going to address that.

So gimping PvP for PvE is fine but not the other way around?

Just saying in 3.0 our hots were strong enough in pvp and they were gimped to justify koltowaves buff

The only possible solution to this is (as long as buffing kolto probe by 30% would overpower ops in pve, correct me if I am wrong, I have no clue of how strong ops are currently in pve)

is different setbonusses.

Edited by aristrokratie

Would it not work to simply leave waves, buff recup, buff probes, buff the hot on infusion, while giving a nerf to injection and the up-front heal of infusion? That way ops stay great aoe healers, and our hots won't suffer because of cast heals that aren't enough anyway.

Operatives if they were going to get buffed it would need to be on surgical probe and the tactical medicine talent being bumped up to 6%. All the stuff ppl want buffed like kolto probes RN and possibly infusion hot portion are all the things that got nerfed in 3.3 before kotfe because they were to passively strong. I personally don't trust bioware to buff hots and not go overboard if they did. If they wanted to be lazy they could honestly just revert what they did to operatives in 3.3 and they would be good to go especially with how damage and HP pools went up considering the nerfs before kotfe came out.

Operatives if they were going to get buffed it would need to be on surgical probe and the tactical medicine talent being bumped up to 6%. All the stuff ppl want buffed like kolto probes RN and possibly infusion hot portion are all the things that got nerfed in 3.3 before kotfe because they were to passively strong. I personally don't trust bioware to buff hots and not go overboard if they did. If they wanted to be lazy they could honestly just revert what they did to operatives in 3.3 and they would be good to go especially with how damage and HP pools went up considering the nerfs before kotfe came out.

hots are the definition of passively strong heals so it'd be fair if we could do strong passive healing as sorcs also have a **** ton of it ( wandering mend, revivification static barrier etc.)

Edited by aristrokratie

hots are the definition of passively strong heals so it'd be fair if we could do strong passive healing as sorcs also have a **** ton of it ( wandering mend, revivification static barrier etc.)[/quote

Hey im fine with them re buffing hots but if they do it literally just needs to be a revert of everything done in 3.3 otherwise they're prob going to go over board again. As for sorcs everyone knows they're broken the dangerous thing that happened with them was they were always that middle tier healer not the best in burst not the best in aoe not the best in sustained, when they were overbuffed they became well near the best in those areas honestly you could even go as far to say they have better aoe sustained healing than operatives even because it takes a while for ops to get that going on top of sustaining it.

Hey im fine with them re buffing hots but if they do it literally just needs to be a revert of everything done in 3.3 otherwise they're prob going to go over board again. As for sorcs everyone knows they're broken the dangerous thing that happened with them was they were always that middle tier healer not the best in burst not the best in aoe not the best in sustained, when they were overbuffed they became well near the best in those areas honestly you could even go as far to say they have better aoe sustained healing than operatives even because it takes a while for ops to get that going on top of sustaining it.

Could you please clarify what you want to be reverted, I don't really know what you're talking about.

So what I'd like to see is:

-stronger single target sustain through surgical probe, casting injection should only serve as a source of TA

Also make infusion more of a hot again not the pathetic burst upfront with a pathetic hot afterwards

-stronger multitarget sustain through hots::

-buff kolto probe by a lot

-make recuperative nanotech have higher range or let it spread in a time window because one application- no second chance to hit the full 4 people it is designed for. Ops already are dependant on people stacking because of KW. Make RN useful in spread situations, too.

AND

Make probes visible on opsframes!!!!

Edited by aristrokratie

Could you please clarify what you want to be reverted, I don't really know what you're talking about.

So what I'd like to see is:

-stronger single target sustain through surgical probe, casting injection should only serve as a source of TA

Also make infusion more of a hot again not the pathetic burst upfront with a pathetic hot afterwards

-stronger multitarget sustain through hots::

-buff kolto probe by a lot

-make recuperative nanotech have higher range or let it spread in a time window because one application- no second chance to hit the full 4 people it is designed for. Ops already are dependant on people stacking because of KW. Make RN useful in spread situations, too.

AND

Make probes visible on opsframes!!!!

Go to patch notes and click 3.3 it would revert all that .

The healing dealt by Diagnostic Scan has been reduced.

Increased the immediate healing dealt by Kolto Infusion, and reduced the healing dealt by its following duration heal.

Kolto Probe now costs 10 energy (down from 15 energy). The healing dealt by Kolto Probe has been reduced.

Medicine

Surprise Surgery now additionally allows Diagnostic Scan to channel while moving.

Recuperative Nanotech now costs 20 energy (down from 25 energy). The healing dealt by Recuperative Nanotech has been slightly reduced.

The healing dealt by Kolto Injection has been significantly increased.

Medical Therapy now increases the healing dealt by periodic effects by 5% (up from 3%).

Durable Meds no longer reduces the energy cost of Kolto Probe by 5.

Tactical Medicine now increases all healing done by 5% (up from 3%) for 6 seconds when a Tactical Advantage is consumed by a healing ability.

The Field Medic’s 6-piece set bonus has been redesigned: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds.

3.3 is when operatives suffered the hot nerf it didn't happen in 4.0 its just a bigger deal now because hp pools are higher and dps classes kinda out paced healers damage wise with 4.0.

Go to patch notes and click 3.3 it would revert all that .

The healing dealt by Diagnostic Scan has been reduced.

Increased the immediate healing dealt by Kolto Infusion, and reduced the healing dealt by its following duration heal.

Kolto Probe now costs 10 energy (down from 15 energy). The healing dealt by Kolto Probe has been reduced.

Medicine

Surprise Surgery now additionally allows Diagnostic Scan to channel while moving.

Recuperative Nanotech now costs 20 energy (down from 25 energy). The healing dealt by Recuperative Nanotech has been slightly reduced.

The healing dealt by Kolto Injection has been significantly increased.

Medical Therapy now increases the healing dealt by periodic effects by 5% (up from 3%).

Durable Meds no longer reduces the energy cost of Kolto Probe by 5.

Tactical Medicine now increases all healing done by 5% (up from 3%) for 6 seconds when a Tactical Advantage is consumed by a healing ability.

The Field Medic’s 6-piece set bonus has been redesigned: Reduces the cooldown of Recuperative Nanotech or Kolto Cloud by 3 seconds.

3.3 is when operatives suffered the hot nerf it didn't happen in 4.0 its just a bigger deal now because hp pools are higher and dps classes kinda out paced healers damage wise with 4.0.

Nah, hots were also significantly nerfed in 4.0 but I agree.

No actually they didn't touch hots after the 3.3 nerf they got, it just hurts more compared now compared to before because hp pools are larger and dps out paces healing.

Well, you can express it in different ways:

-overall hp increased and hots didn't while damage did

or

-hots got weaker

Either way hots need to heal for a lot more than they do right now.

Edited by aristrokratie

The dream: to have the system let us prioritize HoTs over other worthless buffs on the Ops frame.

If only Bioware would stop being lazy....

Agreed

Instant Infusion

Bring back the 3rd probe

Give us a reason to use more instant HoTs and not the casting "Burst Heals"

We maintain health, not burst it up. Our "burst" is HoTs. We puts probes, infusion, and recoup nano on a target it should heal the target up through DPS.

Shall I bring up the set bonus discussion?

Agreed

Instant Infusion

Bring back the 3rd probe

Give us a reason to use more instant HoTs and not the casting "Burst Heals"

We maintain health, not burst it up. Our "burst" is HoTs. We puts probes, infusion, and recoup nano on a target it should heal the target up through DPS.

Shall I bring up the set bonus discussion?

I disagree with the 3rd probe as it would increase the already very long ramp up time.

Everything else you said is 100% true.

I disagree with the 3rd probe as it would increase the already very long ramp up time.

Everything else you said is 100% true.

Were you around when we had 3 probes? Yes there was a ramp up time but, the heals were perfect. You had to sacrifice probes on a couple to pop off the "burst" heals but that was the option we had.

In operations we all click ready before fights. Probe people up then, in PvP we probe up before the door opens. So the ramp up is done. Yes there's a ramp up while in combat and keeping them up is a pain but being mobile and instant is the benefit. It keeps us from stopping and casting. We aren't a casting class but instant HoT and HP maintainer.

Sorc seems like more the mobile instant heal class anymore. Operative just doesn't feel right. Weak, small heals and can fall apart if caught in the open, whereas sorc has better defensive abilities.

I'm sticking with op heals for now because I enjoy the challenge and what stealth brings to the fight. But sorc is a better healer. Thus the FoTY

This should have been done centuries ago, at least with the changes to the ui editor in 3.0...

I'D BE SO HAPPY IF WE COULD TRACK OUR HOTS SEPERATELY ON OUR OPSFRAMES!

This is not needed. After spending some time healing with an OP one gets used to the timing and knows about when they are ending. At that, it gives the less experienced player something else to watch instead of noticing their standing in stupid and now dead so refreshing those hots doesn't matter so much.

In the beginning it took more work to heal on an OP. They nerfed it in 2.0 and beyond to make it easier for people to heal on them. Now it's so heavily aoe heals which makes healing to easy (on all the classes).

Personally, get rid of waves. Increase cloud to hit at least 8 with an increase radius and make all our original heals heal for more. Perfect.