Not sure where to put this...

starwarsfansix

...since I can't seem to find anything about bug reports but I think general discussion is broad enough for the subject. So, my brother plays of ToFN. One day, about a week ago, he accepted the starter quest about the Fallen Empire quest chain, that warns you you won't have access to your class and companion stories WHEN you click the play button. All well and good so far. But, he has no access to his class storyline, even though he hasn't started the quest. I sent bug reports, got met only with the automated response after a week of waiting. I hear other people have the same problems. If you can't control your coding Bioware, at least put more warnings.

This isn't just a rage thread though. What I'm asking for, am hoping for, is for someone in Bioware's team to provide some assistance. Maybe it's possible for someone on their end to re-add the class quest, even if it means losing all progress made through the class story on Belsavis.

Edited by starwarsfansix

...since I can't seem to find anything about bug reports but I think general discussion is broad enough for the subject. So, my brother plays of ToFN. One day, about a week ago, he accepted the starter quest about the Fallen Empire quest chain, that warns you you won't have access to your class and companion stories WHEN you click the play button. All well and good so far. But, he has no access to his class storyline, even though he hasn't started the quest. I sent bug reports, got met only with the automated response after a week of waiting. I hear other people have the same problems. If you can't control your coding Bioware, at least put more warnings.

This isn't just a rage thread though. What I'm asking for, am hoping for, is for someone in Bioware's team to provide some assistance. Maybe it's possible for someone on their end to re-add the class quest, even if it means losing all progress made through the class story on Belsavis.

Uhh if he's playing KOTFE then he's hit the play button therefore no more class quests. There aren't any quests that lead up to it.

You lose access the second you click accept. Maybe they should make the text more clear, but your only recourse is to file a ticket in game so they can reverse it for you.

There are 3 warnings when you start KoTFE. You have to accept all 3 to proceed. The first warning is given when you get the huge pop up after clicking the terminal. You get a second and third immediately after accepting the first and second. And they all give the same warning about class story and companions.

There are TWO popup warnings that you are about to start something that will set a point of no return for your class and companion stories if you continue.

Then beyond that, you have to click a "Play" button in your quest tracker and that pops up the final "start this right now" button for a total of 4 levels of verification that you want to move forward.

I don't know if it wipes your class/companion quests after the first 2 or if it requires all 4 to be clicked.

Either way, it sounds to me like he clicked "ok" to at least the first 2.

Edited by Rankyn

There are TWO popup warnings that you are about to start something that will set a point of no return for your class and companion stories if you continue.

Sounds to me like he clicked "ok" to both.

You sure? Hell, I don't remember. Thought it was 3. Still, OP, he had to have clicked accept a minimum of two times with clear warnings.

The warning pop ups come after you click the Play button, not when you accept the quest from the terminal, I'm pretty sure about this.

EDIT: Just checked it on a character of mine, you get no warnings when you accept the quest from the terminal.

Edited by starwarsfansix

The warning pop ups come after you click the Play button, not when you accept the quest from the terminal, I'm pretty sure about this.
I suppose that's possible, too.

I'll watch more carefully the next time I run an alt through it.

Regardless, still a whole lot of "are you really sure you want to do this" warnings.

It's easier to accidentally delete a character or buy something outrageously expensive off the GTN than it is to start KotFE.

Edited by Rankyn

Bioware: If you push the button you won't be able to do the thing.

Customer: Okay. *pushes button*

Bioware: IF YOU PUSH THE BUTTON, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THE THING!!! ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?

Customer: *Pushes Button Again*. Hey! Why can't I do the thing!

Fixed it for ya. ;)

All of this reminds me of so many fleet conversations where someone will link an item and ask "What do I do with this?" or "Where do I turn this in?" And sure as water is wet, people will click it and type out what's in the tool tip. People won't read tool tips, warnings, etc. Then they rant and rave about how messed up it is and that they were never told, etc. Just wait until tomorrow's maintenance. Someone will ask "How long is maintenance?" or "Why the short notice?"

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Bioware: If you push the button you won't be able to do the thing.

Customer: Okay. *pushes button* Hey! Why can't I do the thing!

So this...

The overabundant need for:

Are you sure you want to do this?

Are you really sure you want to do this?

Are you absolutely positive sure you want to do this?

Are you super duper sure you want to do this?

Are you positivly sure you want to do this?

Are you extra extra extra sure you want to do this?

Making sure, Are you sure you want to do this?

One last time, Are you sure you want to do this?

Thats prevalant anymore shows natural selection no longer works :p

Kewl guy 1

Kewl guy 2!!!1!1

Kewl guy level - Mountain Dew ft. Doritos

In your hurry to appear kewl on the internets you missed the whole point of my thread. The warning says that you'll lose access to your class story AFTER you begin KotFE, i.e. you click the play button. That's when the warnings come. There's absolutely no indication that tells you you're gonna get screwed when you simply accept the quest from the terminal.

Edited by starwarsfansix