The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did Anakin actually fulfill the Prophecy?

ConVallian

I always thought that the Jedi never quite understood the Chosen One prophecy. They believed that the Chosen One would defeat the dark side forever. There has been an imbalance between the light and dark for centuries, but when the Empire rose and the Jedi were killed by Order 66 the balance was weighted very heavily towards the dark side. When Anakin turned back to the light and killed Emperor Palpatine, and in the process killing himself as well. He restored the balance to the Force, but only temporarily as seen in Episode 7. The prophecy never states exactly how long, but it did happen.

I always thought that the Jedi never quite understood the Chosen One prophecy. They believed that the Chosen One would defeat the dark side forever. There has been an imbalance between the light and dark for centuries, but when the Empire rose and the Jedi were killed by Order 66 the balance was weighted very heavily towards the dark side. When Anakin turned back to the light and killed Emperor Palpatine, and in the process killing himself as well. He restored the balance to the Force, but only temporarily as seen in Episode 7. The prophecy never states exactly how long, but it did happen.

I always felt that before the empire the Force was tilted heavily towards the light.

There were a lot of Jedi for the light side.

But for the Dark side there was only Sidious and a couple of his disposable lackies.

So by killing off the jedi it kind of brought the equation back to balance.

I always felt that before the empire the Force was tilted heavily towards the light.

There were a lot of Jedi for the light side.

But for the Dark side there was only Sidious and a couple of his disposable lackies.

So by killing off the jedi it kind of brought the equation back to balance.

Nope. That isn't how it works. There were other dark siders than just the sith and other light siders than just the Jedi. The Sith upset the balance by pushing the force towards darkness (namely Plagueis and Sidious) so the force struck back. The problem was Sidious/Plagueis.

Nope. That isn't how it works. There were other dark siders than just the sith and other light siders than just the Jedi. The Sith upset the balance by pushing the force towards darkness (namely Plagueis and Sidious) so the force struck back. The problem was Sidious/Plagueis.

I disagree.

Force users were identified, monitored and regulated by the Jedi at a young age. The only reason why Anakin flew under the radar was he was in a Hutt controlled part of space and a slave.

The light side meanwhile had many powerful Jedi but the Dark side only really had Sidious after he killed Plagueis. And Yoda is just as powerful as Sidious. Therefore, the Force was unbalanced towards the light side and needed a correction.

I disagree.

Force users were identified, monitored and regulated by the Jedi at a young age. The only reason why Anakin flew under the radar was he was in a Hutt controlled part of space and a slave.

The light side meanwhile had many powerful Jedi but the Dark side only really had Sidious after he killed Plagueis. And Yoda is just as powerful as Sidious. Therefore, the Force was unbalanced towards the light side and needed a correction.

I take it you haven't read many of the novels or seen the TCW t.v. series have you? There are other force traditions in the galaxy in both Disney and the EU continuity. In the OLD EU there's dozens of force traditions aside from the Jedi. In the new Canon it hasn't really changed. TCW touched on the Dathomir witches and they are even stated to be one of many. While the Jedi and Sith might have the most influence and have the biggest backing it doesn't change the fact that there are other traditions. Light and Dark are bigger than Jedi and Sith.

Not to mention you can "disagree" but it's not really up for debate. George Lucas has outright stated what "balance" meant. The novels have touched on it and the clone wars speaks heavily about what "balance" means. It's not based on the number of Jedi and Sith.

Edited by Rhyltran

I take it you haven't read many of the novels or seen the TCW t.v. series have you? There are other force traditions in the galaxy in both Disney and the EU continuity. In the OLD EU there's dozens of force traditions aside from the Jedi. In the new Canon it hasn't really changed. TCW touched on the Dathomir witches and they are even stated to be one of many. While the Jedi and Sith might have the most influence and have the biggest backing it doesn't change the fact that there are other traditions. Light and Dark are bigger than Jedi and Sith.

Not to mention you can "disagree" but it's not really up for debate. George Lucas has outright stated what "balance" meant. The novels have touched on it and the clone wars speaks heavily about what "balance" means. It's not based on the number of Jedi and Sith.

EU doesn't matter anymore.

But I have read up through the New Jedi Order.

EU doesn't matter anymore.

But I have read up through the New Jedi Order.

As I said. Disney Canon it hasn't changed much. In Disney Canon there's still the dathomir witches for instance. TCW is Canon. Balance is not factored by the number of Jedi and Sith. Not in Disney Canon. Not in EU Canon.

Edited by Rhyltran