Why not a christmass event?!

JediManos

How many hours is maintenance? Is been 5? maybe more still servers down. Why so long period? I also want to ask why not chistmass event from the game? It is the first time I have seen this to a game. In every other game I have played, they doing event just for starting and chirstmass is even more demanding for a holiday event... So why not?

How many hours is maintenance? Is been 5? maybe more still servers down. Why so long period? I also want to ask why not chistmass event from the game? It is the first time I have seen this to a game. In every other game I have played, they doing event just for starting and chirstmass is even more demanding for a holiday event... So why not?

Because Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars.

Yes I can see it now. A fat sith in a red jumpsuit on a speeder with a bag of wookie entrails making his rounds in the IF. Yeah that will go over real well. *grin*

To think they mastered space travel but they still believe in a fat man in a red suit that slides down the chimney to deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls. Santa would get shot with a blaster before he even stepped foot in the door.

heh

I don't really see holiday events making a lot of sense in a Star Wars universe. But having said that, it is always really cool to see how a game tries to incorporate general holidays into its IP, like that "other" game most of know and have experienced.

This year, it wouldn't have made a lot of sense and probably took too many resources when their main concern was getting the launch out the door. I mean, honestly, we're talking about less than a week before the holidays (so this was essentially THE holiday).

There was a thread on the old forums about this same topic... the answer was that there would never be any of the events that we celebrate like Christmas in the game because the Star Wars universe does not have such events... however there are things in the Universe that are around those dates that they may later add into the game such as ..... yep you guessed it... LIFE DAY

Oh and PS.. they said servers were going to be down till 10... so even tho it has been 5 hours it is supposed to take 6

Edited by tindivall

Yes I can see it now. A fat sith in a red jumpsuit on a speeder with a bag of wookie entrails making his rounds in the IF. Yeah that will go over real well. *grin*

To think they mastered space travel but they still believe in a fat man in a red suit that slides down the chimney to deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls. Santa would get shot with a blaster before he even stepped foot in the door.

heh

Made my day... and now because you said it IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

Though tbh, im sure there will be "seasonal" events put in place in years to come even though it wont be Christmas* or Halloween - I'm pretty sure in the SW universe there are holidays and seasons that we just don't know about. To imply otherwise would be stupid.

Look at every known culture they all celebrated something at sometime. Here in the SW universe we have far more cultures then all the MMO's combined(guess).

While waiting for SW:TOR to release, I became desperate and rejoined WoW. I hadn't played the game in a few years, and wanted to see what Cataclysm looked like.

I downloaded the demo and gave it a try. They have stream-lined a number of the old areas and made them much easier to play and level. They incorporated a number of the add-on features into the regular game. I was impressed, so I re-bought the game and started over fresh.

And then Halloween came.

What a nightmare. Over and over and over that obnoxious flying guy burning down Goldshire (or whatever its called). It was now a perpetually chained event, which meant that NO ONE paid any attention to it. But you could hear that stupid NPC voice across the whole region. Incentive to level even faster!

Within an hour I HATED anything Halloween. I was completely annoyed by the whole holiday.

My greatest thrill was finding out that Early Launch would begin BEFORE the WoW Christmas brain-bashing would begin!

NO to celebrating Real Life Holidays in Escapist Fantasy Worlds. That is an EXTREMELY BAD idea. If you don't have your brains beaten numb by all the absolutely cynical media drone on every single holiday, then you are already numb. DO NOT PUT ANY RL HOLIDAY RECOGNITION INTO SW:TOR!

Thanks

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.