swtor travel causes blue screen of death

Algroshaw

As a tech support person. Let me just say. Windows 10 when it works its great, but it seems to have so many bugs that I would never install it on any of my PCs just yet. Uninstalls programs at will during updates, every update breaks another 3rd party or OS program or feature. MS is on the way out, its a debacle. Hopefully google will create or update one of their OSs to takeover the desktop. Windows its the most problematic system OS currently in use, all versions. And people only really use to Game, run office and photoshop lol. For everything else you dont really need it. Once gaming moves to another OS its over for windows.

I'm also at a breaking point with Windows 10. Sometimes when i start it up it doesn't recognize my 4k display. I have to restart the PC right from the login screen to fix it.

Dolby Digital 5.1 doesn't work at all when connecting a digital decoder to the sound card. It's always just 2.1 sound. I already tried quite a few things to fix it, but neither Dolby Digital Live nor digital sound in Power DVD works. In Win 7 it worked just fine.

And in December MS installed a major update on my PC and I still have no idea what exactly that was. I hate it when my computer does things without telling what is going on.

I'm seriously considering going back to Windows 7 and I'll check for tools to disable any advice to switch to windows 10. That OS is a mess.

I was receiving the same error. I installed an older video driver (as described in various forums) and it seemed to fix it. BUT...I felt weird doing this, so I updated my drivers again and simply went back to Windows 7. I use my PC only for video games and I never had any problems with Windows 7.

Windows 10 has been nothing but trouble for me. If you insist on staying with windows 10, installing older drivers and then telling windows to not update automatically is your best bet.