Lana Beniko

Ngamok

Recently started SWTOR again since last playing in December 2012 I believe. Played about a month and decided to resub for the KotFE content and used my 60 token to try it out. Rolled a Gunnery Trooper. Since most of the old content was mainly 1 on 1 cut scenes, it was pretty cut and dry on which companion you did the affection quests with. On my Vanguard Trooper I did the romance with Elara and on my Marksman Smuggler it was Risha. Well with KotFE it's a little different and I got to this part:

With the conversation it's mostly with Theron enjoying his time at the bar so I picked option 1 thinking that the flirt option was for my new companion / contact. In fact, you are looking over his shoulder when the options appear. It's almost 30s before the next part comes up to talk to Lana. So obviously I picked talk to Lana. Well, I went through the entire thing and didn't think anything of it. I later went and googled it and found out that I was supposed to pick option 2 instead of one to get the romance option to appear with Lana.

Well, TBH, I really wouldn't care except for the fact that I might miss other content in the later chapters. I don't know where they will take them in the later chapters but now I kind of missed out on that. Since everything I read here seems to point to BioWare not doing anything about it, I was hoping they could add a little part in Chapter 10 that fixes this for the people who are in the same boat as me. It doesn't even need to be acted out. It could be just like the Chapter 9 stuff where I am just staring at Lana without talking and it gives me my options at the bottom so I can pick the romance option.

Any thoughts on it?

So you made a choice that may have a future consequence and now it's a bad thing because you might miss out?

Ah such irony given how much wailing everyone seems to do about lack of choices.

It been discussed in enough threads already but the dialogue choice is very clear it is not directed just at Theron, why people assume this confuses me to this day. "[flirt] I need to see one of you." One of... One of... given that Koth, Lana and Theron had just been conversing it would lead me to believe you'd be given a further choice.. and amazingly enough you are.

In the end make another character and choose differently, or live with the choices you've made.

BECAUSE, you are in the cutscene with Theron. If it were more obvious it was meanth for one of the others, then put one of the others there instead of looking over his shoulder. And since I haven't played since 2012, ALL other choices didn't have 3 people and you always knew who it was you were supposed to interact with.

You join the cut scene in a conversation between three people, Theron, Lana and Koth, then a bit later you get the choice "I need to see one of you" part which unless you are terminally bad at reading comprehension indicates you want to speak with Theron, Lana or Koth not Theron and only Theron, what the heck do people think ONE OF means? It makes no sense to assume its just Theron.

You join the cut scene in a conversation between three people, Theron, Lana and Koth, then a bit later you get the choice "I need to see one of you" part which unless you are terminally bad at reading comprehension indicates you want to speak with Theron, Lana or Koth not Theron and only Theron, what the heck do people think ONE OF means? It makes no sense to assume its just Theron.

Because it is easy (and reasonable) (and wrong) to read this menu:

1. I need to talk to one of you.

2. [Flirt] I need to talk to one of you.

As meaning that Option Two will be "flirt with Theron then talk to one of them".

Well I picked the flirt option right away because I expected to be able to choose with whom I want to flirt and well I did get the option. I at least thought it was clear enough.

In addition you can always pick a setting and if the follow up isn't what you expect you can always use escape to cancel and reenter the conversation.

Its not the cleanest choice of dialogue in Kotfe, I stopped to read the options several times before choosing if people are not reading the choices carefully enough you are looking pretty directly at Theron.

I can understand the visual cues may confuse some folks, but honestly, how can Theron be the target of "One of you" when the conversation has clearly been between you and three others ?

I can understand the visual cues may confuse some folks, but honestly, how can Theron be the target of "One of you" when the conversation has clearly been between you and three others ?

As I said its people who only half read the conversation choices. But I agree with the proper care you can realise what it's asking.

As i said in multiple other threads, juat because Theron was on the screen doesnt mean thats who you were meant to flirt with. Especially when it says (Flirt) I want to talk to -one- of you, not "(Flirt ) I want to talk to you."

Case in point, during Shdows of Revan, when you go to the bird people village on Rishi.

You start a conversation with the birdman elder. Your talking to the birdman, hes on the screen, when a flirt option pops up. Now, by your reasoning, that flirt is going to be with Mr. Birdman.

But its not.

Its a Lana flirt.

Ill assume you skipped that flirt too since its supposed to be a flirt with the birdman your staring at right? By your reasoning anyhow.

Dangit why didnt i get to flirt with the birdman? :(

I still agree with a poster in another thread that said a writer somewhere is laughing his butt off at all the homophobes missing out on flirts because they see Theron and "flirt" and go "AAAAAAAAAH!!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!1111111!!!!!" without bothering to actually read and comprehend the sentance. :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I still agree with a poster in another thread that said a writer somewhere is laughing his butt off at all the homophobes missing out on flirts because they see Theron and "flirt" and go "AAAAAAAAAH!!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!1111111!!!!!" without bothering to actually read and comprehend the sentance. :p

More likely what it was for me: my freebie insta-60 sorc dude wanted to get in Lana's pants, so he wasn't going to flirt with *anyone* else. Not Theron, not Koth, not Senya, not (if it were possible) the blue-haired stuff-wanter.

As for the Rishi thing; every [flirt] I saw in SoR was clear in the wording exactly who it was for. There's one where you can flirt with either Theron OR Lana, and it is specified as:

1. [Flirt] Theron, sexytalk

2. [Flirt] Lana, sexytalk

3. Something else.

I don't remember the wording on the bird-man one, but I bet the [Flirt]'s wording is such that it is clear that it talks to Lana. I have a JK ready to begin the Tython FP in the Prelude, so I should be able to see what happens fairly soon.

The Chapter 9 cantina one could have been done where you don't even have that choice, and proceed directly as if you had picked [Flirt] because (certainly for Lana, can't speak to the others) there's a mix of flirting and ordinary responses there.

Or it could have been done as (note square brackets, meaning this is just a description of the situation, as you find sometimes in other places):

1. [Now it is time to talk to one of your companions.]

2. [Flirt] [Now it is time to talk to one of your companions.]

OR

1. [Talk to one of your companions.]

2. [Flirt] [Flirt with one of your companions.]

Did anyone miss that part ?

She's Still Freaking UGLY!!!!!!

First Version was 256 Graphic

Second Version is 512 Graphic

I Truly Hope they Fire the Designer's / Artist's ASAP and mark him or her as for future retraining..

Speak for yourself , I think she look better and is gorgeous :D

Did anyone miss that part ?

She's Still Freaking UGLY!!!!!!

First Version was 256 Graphic

Second Version is 512 Graphic

I Truly Hope they Fire the Designer's / Artist's ASAP and mark him or her as for future retraining..

She needs larger lips and nose to balance out her head. Probably smaller eyes would help too. Such an unattractive and odd looking facial model.

Edited by Dayshadow

As i said in multiple other threads, juat because Theron was on the screen doesnt mean thats who you were meant to flirt with. Especially when it says (Flirt) I want to talk to -one- of you, not "(Flirt ) I want to talk to you."

Case in point, during Shdows of Revan, when you go to the bird people village on Rishi.

You start a conversation with the birdman elder. Your talking to the birdman, hes on the screen, when a flirt option pops up. Now, by your reasoning, that flirt is going to be with Mr. Birdman.

But its not.

Its a Lana flirt.

Ill assume you skipped that flirt too since its supposed to be a flirt with the birdman your staring at right? By your reasoning anyhow.

Dangit why didnt i get to flirt with the birdman? :(

Does the birdman ever become a companion in any way in SoR? NO. Does Lana, Koth, and Theron become s summoned companion in KotFE? YES. There is a difference.

Does the birdman ever become a companion in any way in SoR? NO. Does Lana, Koth, and Theron become s summoned companion in KotFE? YES. There is a difference.

Were Lana or Theron a companion in SoR? No, they were not. which makes your point invalid.