Best pvp class for getting the kills and surviving?

Snoke_Piazza

The class that gets the most kills is the healer. You need only heal your teammate and their kill counts as your kill as well.

Immortal juggs, deception sins, concealment operatives and madness sorcs are all great solo killing options. Some require more skill than others.

For surviving you need either a class that can off-heal or a stealth class to run away when things gets tough.

In terms of doing damage and getting kills, it doesn't really matter. Any class can do well in the right hands, it mostly depends on your play style. Every person have a unique way of playing, that means that it is best to choose the class that fits your play style the most. Personally I prefer the juggernaut due to how he seems to fit my aggressive play style.

Most peoples here would simply tell you that there preferred class is the best or the current FOTM class is. Choosing a FOTM class is all nice and stuff, but by the end of the day, you're gonna have alot more fun just playing the class that fits you best. And nobody can tell you what that class is, unless they make a lucky guess.

If you just wan't to know which class is the most OP, simply play a few matches of PVP and whichever class you see the most is the currently *considered* the best one.

If I where to suggest a class based on what you've asked for, I'd say Madness Sorcerer. The Madness spec gives a bit of life steal and good damage so long you dot spread, and on top of that you can off-heal to help you survive. Just be careful, the Sorcerer wears light armor is quite squishy.

Edited by MachoLL

so basicaslly your another no skill im all about numbers person thats not what pvp is about your idiot. why not learn to play objectives and learn how to pvp. if all you like doing is killing **** go play halo or call of duty

Numbers are also objective, you can't win in PVP without doing damage unless the other team is... not very smart. Nobody said he only cared about numbers either, he's just asking for help. Maybe stop being so rude, it isn't helping anyone. Choosing the right class is also a part of learning how to PVP.

I would like to know what class and discipline I should go for if I want to get most of the kills in pvp and survive. I also want to know which class/discipline is best for solo pvp (4.0) Thank you

in warzones all classes are viable , so depend on how good you play that character each have strenght and wraknesses , so i suggest you play some class and spec and see whether it fits you

i have 16 toon characters all advanced class and i try to play all spec and it is fun

Numbers are also objective, you can't win in PVP without doing damage unless the other team is... not very smart. Nobody said he only cared about numbers either, he's just asking for help. Maybe stop being so rude, it isn't helping anyone. Choosing the right class is also a part of learning how to PVP.

Juggs Tank and Sorc Heals are the most over tuned classes at the moment. If you want to step into PvP with a leg up on all of the other classes, either those two are your best bet. You have all the tools in your kit to prevent your self from dieing in literally almost any situation compared to other classes and you can output just about the same amount of dmg due to your constant uptime.

PvP is in a sad state right now but the road with the least resistance and best results in the jugg/sorc route.

I would like to know what class and discipline I should go for if I want to get most of the kills in pvp and survive. I also want to know which class/discipline is best for solo pvp (4.0) Thank you

Ignore the e-thugs and ignorant individuals who only like to flame others instead of help.

Like someone said above, you are looking for a stealth class most likely unless you want to go with a tank-spec Jugg or Guardian. Even then you want a healer, so I suggest a stealth class.

Assassin/Shadow or Operative/Scoundrel seem to be the ones that will work best for you. You will have to learn when to hit and when to dissapear, but they are worth it. WIth Assassin/Shadow you can choose from 1 tank or 2 DPS spec (I recommend Deception/Infiltration if you choose DPS). With Operative/Scoundrel you have 1 heal or 2 DPS specs (I prefer Concealment/Scrapper but the other DPS spec has its place too).

That will net you with a lot of killing blows and the ability to escape if you chose your fight poorly.

For surviving you need either a class that can off-heal or a stealth class to run away when things gets tough.

In terms of doing damage and getting kills, it doesn't really matter. Any class can do well in the right hands, it mostly depends on your play style. Every person have a unique way of playing, that means that it is best to choose the class that fits your play style the most. Personally I prefer the juggernaut due to how he seems to fit my aggressive play style.

Most peoples here would simply tell you that there preferred class is the best or the current FOTM class is. Choosing a FOTM class is all nice and stuff, but by the end of the day, you're gonna have alot more fun just playing the class that fits you best. And nobody can tell you what that class is, unless they make a lucky guess.

If you just wan't to know which class is the most OP, simply play a few matches of PVP and whichever class you see the most is the currently *considered* the best one.

If I where to suggest a class based on what you've asked for, I'd say Madness Sorcerer. The Madness spec gives a bit of life steal and good damage so long you dot spread, and on top of that you can off-heal to help you survive. Just be careful, the Sorcerer wears light armor is quite squishy.

^ this seems to fit the ops question the best

Dps juggs pour out a lot of melee damage and have really good suvivability.

Madness sorcs have a very easy dot spread system and do all their damage from range.

Sins can do great damage and can easily avoid deaths by stealthing out of combat when things get rough.

Marauders take more skill, but they actually can be very hard to kill while pouring out massive damage if they use their defensives smartly.

PTs still manage to pump out extreme burst damage and they enjoy tons of cc immunities along with great mobility in PVP along with being one of the easiest classes to play.

Operatives (concealment) can be awesome, just watch Mosh on his streams for proof the class is not awful and to really learn all the tricks they can do.

Arsenal mercs do massive burst but honestly lack survivability, that's their weakness.

As many people have said, most specs can be quite effective at killing, it depends more on the player and your strengths.

ive been having fun on my AP powertech, they put out some good damage and have reasonable survivability.

madness sorc also has good survivability, with their self healing dots, shields, and direct self heals, and still put out some good damage.

and lastly, ive been messing around with a mercenary, which, while they are a bit squishier, they also put up some good damage.

but as was mentioned before, try to find a class that benefits the team, and work toward objectives. I know it takes a bit to get the feel for the class, and as such, you'll probably want to just go in and just do damage, but after awhile, it's more beneficial to start working at objectives.

I have had a Lethality Operative in my toon list for over year and decided to dust it off and run it with a mate of mine who also levelled a Lethality Op. They are fun to play and objective based wz's are brilliant. Solo guard a node no problem, call inc, stun and either stun again or burn them down to 1/4 life or total annihilation :cool:. Plant bomb and guard doors, solo cap nodes/turrets is within reach of a decent player :p

I have just, Wed 6th Jan levelled a 65 Immortal Jugg and got him fully geared in Exemplar with Augs slotted in. My first tank and am LOVING it. Some say its boring but Imm Jugg can make a difference, again either guarding nodes (your not easy to burn down or guarding, taking aggro from your team mates. Play what's fun matey and the numbers will come :):rak_03:

Dps juggs pour out a lot of melee damage and have really good suvivability.

Madness sorcs have a very easy dot spread system and do all their damage from range.

Sins can do great damage and can easily avoid deaths by stealthing out of combat when things get rough.

Marauders take more skill, but they actually can be very hard to kill while pouring out massive damage if they use their defensives smartly.

PTs still manage to pump out extreme burst damage and they enjoy tons of cc immunities along with great mobility in PVP along with being one of the easiest classes to play.

Operatives (concealment) can be awesome, just watch Mosh on his streams for proof the class is not awful and to really learn all the tricks they can do.

Arsenal mercs do massive burst but honestly lack survivability, that's their weakness.

As many people have said, most specs can be quite effective at killing, it depends more on the player and your strengths.

You play sniper or merc don't you? I understand your pain.

To OP: play madness sorc. Jugg can be lolrooted 2v1, same for mara. Assassin can be badly bursted through CD's. Pt is easy, but takes some skill to survive, also 2v1 is not an option. Merc has great burst, but it's much harder to survive. Operative is the best dueling class, but requires huge skill and reaction. As sniper you will probably quit swtor after 1st ranked arena. Madness sorc has easy rotation, two great cooldowns that completely remove you out of focus and some great offhealing. Ofc you will be focused first in ranked, but it's much easier to survive than as sniper or merc. Actually I don't like people massively rerolling to madness sorcs, but if you are new to pvp - this is your choise.

Edited by DerSchneider

If you want a good dueling class, try out Lethality Operative. It's a lot of fun once you know how to play it.

QFT.

I'm currently maining a Focus Guardian and I really feel like I can 1v1 anything, but I feel that Lethality Operatives/Ruffian Scoundrels are THE most difficult opponents for me to counter. They have decent burst, decent sustained damage, decent off-heals, good mobility, and really good defensive CDs. Individually, none of these factors is game-breaking.

Taken together, however, they add up to something truly terrifying in the hands of a skilled player. Lethality/Ruffian may not curbstomp a ranged fighter, they will RUN YOU RAGGED if you're playing a melee character. There are some really skilled players on Ebon Hawk that make this spec shine, and my hat is off to them.

Also, Ganthen's suggestion concerning Advanced Prototype PTs/Tactics Vanguards is a really good one. Truth be told, this spec's damage is a bit overtuned at the moment and its ability to avoid movement-impairing effects is off the charts.

But, yeah. I'll put in a plug for Focus Guardians/Rage Juggernauts since that's what I'm enjoying the most right now. Like I said, I feel I can 1v1 anything unless I just get outplayed by the gal or guy on the other end.

CAVEAT: Do NOT play Focus/Rage if you're looking to be a meat shield. You will be EXTREMELY hard to kill in a 1v1 if you utilize DCDs properly. However, under focused fire you will WITHER unless you have healer/tank support. So, if there's a crowd be sure to hang back and choose your targets wisely. There's just something about a Force Leap/Force Charge that tends to make folks drop whatever they're doing to blow you up. It's a pretty visceral thing, so just be prepared for it.

Good luck!

:)

Combat sentinel (carnage? Marauder). You wont get top damage (easily) or top kills (easily). It is a hard class to play. But when you do it right you a) melt people. Even healers and tanks get absolutely face melted and b) survivability is not the best but pretty good if you know what your doing.

It is single target though. Which is why you will prob not be top dps in 8v8 as compared to dot spread builts. But melting healers has to be done.

Tank guardian with tank gear and dps enhancements/mods can tale a lot of punishment. Still be an effective tank and dish out nice dmg. But it will never be able to take down a healer that knows what he is doing. Or even a healer that does not know what he is doing with guard up. You need burst. And a lot of it.

I see a lot of people doing this question over and over... This shows a lot how gaming is becoming nowadays. Everyone copying how others play, no innovation, no thinking for yourself or outside of the box...

This will entirely depend on how good you are as a PvP player, who good you understand your team and WZ objectives, game mechanics and other classes ratter than play with the "OP" class...

I can tell you that you must choose a class you enjoy the most (if not for the looks of it) and then master it. Then you'll get the kills and survival.

Good numbers only come with effort and understandment, not with "best" classes.

Edited by pjaogg

I see a lot of people doing this question over and over... This shows a lot how gaming is becoming nowadays. Everyone copying how others play, no innovation, no thinking for yourself or outside of the box...

But the people most active on the forums are partially guilty for that as well - plus those "trash-talkers", who flip out at the slightest mistake and thus make people only want to play classes in which *everyone* suceeds ... and does only a minimum of mistakes ...

Any "thinking out of the box" WILL be trash-talked to death, and no-one will try to do a different thing ( a different build, that is ) because every Newbie fears their trash talk.

The ONLY ones profiting from this are the trash-talkers themselves. Meanwhile they make every Newbie fear them, they are free to try out what they want - but even they are mostlöy using cookie-cutter FOTM builds which are the most efficient ones.

Yes, good players beat mediocre and bad players. In ranked though, the teams that really matter are all playing at a very similar level of ability. In this circumstances, the make-up of the team is critical. If you take a merc healer, a sin tank, an operative dps +1 against a cookie cutter team of equal ability, you are going to lose 95% of your matches. End of story. Which is why the ranked leaderboards show such *huge* disparity across classes.

Ranked FOTM trickles down into Unranked. And destroys it.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 4 weeks later...
QFT.

I'm currently maining a Focus Guardian and I really feel like I can 1v1 anything, but I feel that Lethality Operatives/Ruffian Scoundrels are THE most difficult opponents for me to counter. They have decent burst, decent sustained damage, decent off-heals, good mobility, and really good defensive CDs. Individually, none of these factors is game-breaking.

Taken together, however, they add up to something truly terrifying in the hands of a skilled player. Lethality/Ruffian may not curbstomp a ranged fighter, they will RUN YOU RAGGED if you're playing a melee character. There are some really skilled players on Ebon Hawk that make this spec shine, and my hat is off to them.

Also, Ganthen's suggestion concerning Advanced Prototype PTs/Tactics Vanguards is a really good one. Truth be told, this spec's damage is a bit overtuned at the moment and its ability to avoid movement-impairing effects is off the charts.

But, yeah. I'll put in a plug for Focus Guardians/Rage Juggernauts since that's what I'm enjoying the most right now. Like I said, I feel I can 1v1 anything unless I just get outplayed by the gal or guy on the other end.

CAVEAT: Do NOT play Focus/Rage if you're looking to be a meat shield. You will be EXTREMELY hard to kill in a 1v1 if you utilize DCDs properly. However, under focused fire you will WITHER unless you have healer/tank support. So, if there's a crowd be sure to hang back and choose your targets wisely. There's just something about a Force Leap/Force Charge that tends to make folks drop whatever they're doing to blow you up. It's a pretty visceral thing, so just be prepared for it.

Good luck!

:)

Yeah, Leth is imo THE best counter for juggs. Realistically, there's nothing really the jugg can do. If it's a 1v1, anyways. Leth can get pooped on pretty easily by multiple or even a single burst DPS that has a proper playstyle, but against juggs, you can basically kite them forever, flashbang or sap them through enraged defense without fearing your DoTs ticking, keep your self heals up to heal back any damage they do to you.... etc.

Even good juggs will struggle to get an equally-skilled leth op below 70% HP.

:mon_rolleyes:

Don't listen to bads, PTs are only good against noobs, that cant hear detonator or cc when needed.

For solo oper or sin are best options.