Cut-Scene Playback Feature

TheBanjo

Sometimes players may accidentally skip a no choice scripted cut-scene by accident and can not just reset their mission to watch it. Or there's a bug causing the sounds to be missing like when I went through all chapters 1-9 of KOTFE and most if not all audio for spaceships, spaceship laser fire, explosions, and automatic doors weren't playing but the music was still there so I pretended it was for setting the mood. Maybe you would like to relive a moment you went through like saving Corelia without making a new character because you want to see your character in that moment again. Perhaps you would just like to see yourself with a different attire or companion or companion in a different attire for that scene. I think a really good feature would be the ability to if not cut scenes with dialogue options to at least be able to go back and watch scripted cut scenes at the area of where they occurred like moments with your crew on the ship. Like a console to see that time when you beat Corso at sabak as a smuggler on the way to Rishi etc.

I know some may dread to hear whatever Blizzard does with WoW, but in World of Warcraft they have over the years increasingly added the ability to rewatch ingame cutscenes that may or may not have your character in them. It's a nice touch to be able to be maybe running through the area or even going out of your way to see these moments again. I am just suggesting some way to view SWTOR's scenes again. Maybe even one's where you do get choices. They just won't change your original choices but would be a fun way to see what if scenarios without escaping in the middle of dialogue to go back and change what you chose before the talking is finished in order to see what the different options were. Or they could add text to show what you will be saying in general like in some other bioware games because it's not always clear what the few words are meaning compared to what you actually say or do.

• 5 months later...

This 100x!

I've grown very attached to my characters over the years.

Though I can always create identical alts and try go through all of the stories and missions to capture pics and videos... But I'm not that nuts for swtor.

• 2 years later...
Though I can always create identical alts and try go through all of the stories and missions to capture pics and videos... But I'm not that nuts for swtor.

I am ^___^. I do this once in a few years.

But I guess it would be nice to have a summary somewhere of the choices we've made on a particular char. Like a journal on the starship or something.

Showing old cutscenes would be difficult wrt outfits. The game doesn't save what our chars were wearing when originally doing the cutscene, so it would have to just play what they are currently wearing (which I think is good). But I'm also afraid that messing with the old cutscenes might bug them out in their original missions. And so I'd say this is not worth that.

Edited by Neulwen

Being able to replay cutscnes would be amazing, it really shouldn't be that difficult honestly. Final Fantasy XI and FinalFantasy XIV both have something like this available (personally I think XI did it better) where you could re-watch the cutscenes from quests you've completed, your gear in them is whatever you are currently wearing obviously..

It's nice to be able to go back and watch things again without making an entirely new character.. plus getting to see the results of what you didn't choose without dark or lightside points would be nice