Is there any way to disable the timer on changing your graphics settings?

Nefla

Every time I change my graphics setting whether up or down my game freezes and the screen goes dark before everything reloads (it never used to be a problem) but the timer on "keep these changes" expires before things have a chance to reload. There is this cutscene in KotFE that crashes my game every time unless the graphics are set to very low but I usually play on high/custom. This is so frustrating T_T Edited by Nefla

You cannot disable the timer, but pressing the Enter key is the same as clicking the "Keep changes" button. So when you have selected the new graphics settings and clicked "Apply", you do not have to wait for the button to become visible - just press Enter while the screen is still black.

You cannot disable the timer, but pressing the Enter key is the same as clicking the "Keep changes" button. So when you have selected the new graphics settings and clicked "Apply", you do not have to wait for the button to become visible - just press Enter while the screen is still black.

... and hope that the setting is good and the screen does indeed, come back. :)

... and hope that the setting is good and the screen does indeed, come back. :)

True :) But at least it's just the in-game settings. Worst case, just Alt+Tab out, kill the game, change the settings back in the options file, and restart.

Thank you, I will try this!

*edit* It worked! Thank you so much for the suggestion, I can't believe it was so simple XD

Edited by Nefla

Hmm... something similar happens to me after I reinstalled the game a few weeks ago (don't ask why). The game was freezing every time I changed a video setting. I'd see the timer but be unable to click it. All I can do is hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, cancel the menu (I'm running Windows 10) and it works. The same thing happens on startup, the Zakuul Family Portrait fails to appear unless I do that.