Does Sentinel / Marauder Animations Get Better?

Effec

I've played both Juggernaut and Guardian to lvl 65. Loved them both. Thought I would try Sentinel / Marauder now because it would be cool to be swinging two lightsabers. The animations so far are just crap. Flailing their arms around like to skinny white guys in a fight.

I am level 28 on each now so I pretty much have my major skills right? This means they will continue to look crappy while fighting?

don't think they look that bad.

On marauder side, annihilate is pretty cool, rupture is pretty much impale but with more dot, less damage, and ravage looks great in dual saber.

As for sent, its not flashy but I like most of them. Altough I seem to be alone there, I find blade dance looks better with 2 saber than one (the backhit with one saber on a guardian makes it looks a bit ridiculous imo)

Merciless slash is probably a bit simple in the way it is (just a powerful horizontal swipe from the right), I find it fluid enough overall.

Twin Saber throw/Dual Saber Throw ain't bad either :)

They replaced one ability that looked nice for one that was completely lame. Rend is horrible where as Retaliation actually had a decent but fast animation. Rend is pretty much a useless ranged ability because you have to be somewhat close to your target anyway. They should have just made Rend a melee ability and switched the mechanics of Retaliation with the mechanics of Rend and presto...done deal without the cheesy animation.

Annihilation used to be a fantastic and powerful tree. It was at one time the best build for Marauder and also the most difficult to play. Sadly it got a nerf to a point that it was the weakest, then as if it was not weak enough they nerfed it again. It will always be my favorite build no matter how many times they nerf it because I know what it was once capable of, however, sadly...I do not believe it to be a valid build for PvP these days....hasn't been for a long time now. It used to have the best animations out of all three builds...now...not so much.

They replaced one ability that looked nice for one that was completely lame. Rend is horrible where as Retaliation actually had a decent but fast animation. Rend is pretty much a useless ranged ability because you have to be somewhat close to your target anyway. They should have just made Rend a melee ability and switched the mechanics of Retaliation with the mechanics of Rend and presto...done deal without the cheesy animation.

Annihilation used to be a fantastic and powerful tree. It was at one time the best build for Marauder and also the most difficult to play. Sadly it got a nerf to a point that it was the weakest, then as if it was not weak enough they nerfed it again. It will always be my favorite build no matter how many times they nerf it because I know what it was once capable of, however, sadly...I do not believe it to be a valid build for PvP these days....hasn't been for a long time now. It used to have the best animations out of all three builds...now...not so much.

Annihilation and Watchman are still some of the top dps in the game (the top for longer fights) based on parsely.io data anyways. I personally have no experience playing Annihilation, not yet anyways.

Edited by DynaWideGlide

• 2 weeks later...

lol you can 1v1 plenty of classes including madness sorcs and MM snipers with annihilation spec because your self heals are so strong while you're still dealing out plwnty of of damage, it aint nerfed to the ground it's da best

Edited by LautrecofCarim

lol you can 1v1 plenty of classes including madness sorcs and MM snipers with annihilation spec because your self heals are so strong while you're still dealing out plwnty of of damage, it aint nerfed to the ground it's da best

I faceplant every Anni Marauder that comes at me, no matter what class I play. I guess there are just nothing but bad Anni players on my server then. I actually giggle when I see one come at me and time how long it takes to kill them. But if you say they are beast, then I guess I'm wrong.