Interested in the RP PVP aspect of Jung Ma...

Jerqa

Hello there,

Myself and a couple of friends have been thinking of either creating characters or transferring over from another server to play on Jung Ma. I'd like to ask a few questions and get a better feel for things before we make any decisions.

We've been playing for a few years on Ebon Hawk and Jedi Covenant and have leveled all classes up to and through Knights of the Fallen Empire, chapter 9. We were looking to try something new for a change of pace. We enjoy Warzones but have not done any open world pvp in this game. We are thinking of making three Troopers ( A Vanguard, DPS and Medic ) and would play together, doing all missions on all planets as we leveled up.

We understand that the population is not that great but we are not too worried about that. What we would like to know is while we are out working on missions would we actually run into Imperial players in the open world? If so, how often and on which planets do the factions cross over? Also, is everyone automatically flagged for pvp on Jung Ma?

What we are wanting is the excitement of being attacked by the opposite faction and visa-versa while trying to complete our missions while progressing through the game. We think it would also be fun to just to log in and take our squad out for the day and hunt down Imperials.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you :)

Edited by Jerqa

understand that due to a small population on jung ma there are going to be less players per planet. Then those players are split into imp and pub. So only half ((at best) of the remaining players on the planet would even be eligible for you to jump against or jump you on the open world. So you might see one or two players from the opposite faction during your entire main story play through. Sorry but with the server currently struggling to maintain numbers it's just a one of the many problems that are stacking against jung ma.

Now as for flagging, you will be constantly flagged for pvp. Even on planets where the opposite faction aren't around you will still be flagged. Being flagged only allows opposite factions to attack you so you don't have to worry about accidentally targeting your allies or same faction players. As for where open world pvp happens there is alderaan and tattoine are the first places on IMP side that you meet other faction players and can open world romp. After that voss, correllia, belsavis, and onward i believe are all shared open world pvp. I tend to see more players on yavin though but I thinkthis is due to it's area being much smaller more or less. In the end in theory you can run into players at any planet once your of a level where such battles would be more than two children swinging sticks. Although again due to the hurting population this is going to be rough to find. If you interested I'd suggest starting brand new toons on jung ma. Playing through and see if you can get through it and then if you enjoy your experience THEN transfer. Warning WZ only pops for a couple hours a day due to limited pop. So if your wanting to que for wz this isn't the best server...but it never will be if people aren't willing to ride it out.

Hope that helped.

If you stick to Imp-Side Alpha Company will be more than happy to set up events for planetary battles. =D

If you go Pub-Side, we'll be happy to connect and work out a join-event against the Imperial Guilds.

Edited by Kingrami

Having transfered over from Ebon Hawk over a year ago, I have found the server population to be considerably smaller, but I can't say I regret my choice.

The last WPvP event Alpha Company, MEU, True Republic organized with the New Era was back in October and wrapped up our first RP/WPvP campaign on Corellia. Looking forward to starting up our next storyline in the coming months.

If you do decide to join us, then welcome. Hope to fight along side your or against you.

If you decide otherwise, then cheers for considering Jung Ma.

As a participant and referee in some of the aforementioned events, I can back up what the last two posters have said. I've also had the pleasure of hosting both organizations under one roof at the same time--talk about awkward!

Seriously, though, it's been a lot of fun. If population doesn't bother you, give JM a shot.

Just to echo Sergeant Eos, I've found that my experience on Jung Ma to be the most fun I've had in an MMO, specifically because of both the RP and PvP aspects, and even more specifically because of my unit <Alpha Company>.

If you and your boys are interested in some military RP/PvP the server knows that Acoy is always ready to throw down on a planetary scale whether it's to fight off gankers, or to execute missions in support of a multiple-story-arc Campaign. We have PvE, PvP, and RP opportunities and it sounds like you and your mates have the kind of mentality we're looking for.

Check out alphacompanyonline.org or search our guild name on youtube to see if it's something you'd be interested in.

• 4 weeks later...

I play as Jedi Sage, and have only ever used Jung Ma -- it is my home.

I find Imp players to be more honourable, and truly Imperial in many ways on this server -- granted i haven't been anywhere else.

Here is one encounter i had, on Voss, late at night when I thought less than 2 other players were online on that planet with me:

I see smoeone whose tags were red, and i notice as i click that they are Imperial, and fighting off some pretty nasty droids (maybe part of their storyline) and I rushed in to help (Consular Conscience) I forgot my companion would attack the Imp too, so it became messy as I fell back from droid damage and a few retaliations from the Imp.

I immediately apologized saying I was trying to help, and forgot about my companion's auto attack/target. I was there originally to get a mission item. I told him, I didn't want trouble and only sought a certain tree branch. (It was too late night for me to even consider mustering up energy to engage in PvP with him anyway)

He said:

"Quickly. Before I change my mind. "

I got my item and we avoided violent confrontation.

Jung Ma. Honor and good taste for RP.

- of course you also have Imp campers in PvP heroics/dailies though lol

-Chikami, Sage