Constantly Getting Kicked Off the Server

captainsarcasm

Greetings all!

Before I start, I want to state that I am aware that there is something in the FAQ section that tells me to add ports or something for the game. Since I am not familiar with this, I just want to make sure there isn't an easier fix or explanation.

As the title says, I am constantly losing my connection to the server and get kicked to the server selection screen but it either can't find the servers or it tells me I have -1 Characters on every server so I have to exit the game and go back in. Internet is still connected as I can still go to Facebook and Hotmail.

As far as I can tell, there is no consistency but I do know I can't play without getting kicked off at least twice a day. It doesn't matter how long I've been playing, what character I'm playing or what planet I'm on. Sometimes it happens within minutes of me logging into the game or four hours later.

I have a LinkSys router but previously had a Belkin router that kept disconnecting from the internet so we replaced it. I'm using a 4 mbps line. It's probably been happening for about three weeks (best guess).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Some of the servers, mostly US-based, have been having connectivity or general availability issues lately. But Red Eclipse has been stable, and my only disconnects from it (apart from scheduled or unscheduled maintenance) have been down to the connection dropping on my end.

I tried a couple of different routers, restarting everything, calls to the ISP tech support line, and then eventually decided to check my router logs (mine is a Cisco 7301 that I inherited from work, no idea where to find the logs on a Linksys or Belkin).

Turned out my ISP was sending my router forged TCP Reset commands because their traffic shaping or piracy detection algorithms didn't like the fact that I was (a) using my connection frequently, and (b) using torrent software - the latter being embedded in some of the clients for World of Tanks/Warships and various other games. Not downloading copyrighted content at all, definitely not :p