<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

GotPunkd

Just like the guy that started this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...7&goto=newpost, I'm a 40+ year-old manager for a large manufacturing company in the Pacific Northwest. I suspect that most of my peers would be quite surprised to find out that I play a Star Wars video game.

Based on the responses to that thread, I can see that there are many more business professionals playing SWTOR than I would have thought.

I didn't read through all of the posts, but in the limited browsing that I did do, I could not tell if a guild was created, and specifically if there was one on my server (The Harbinger). So as a result I decided to create a new guild called <Elders of the Republic> on The Harbinger server (Republic side), with the sole purpose to provide a gathering place for other 40+ year-old SWTOR business professionals, like myself.

If you are interested in joining the guild, send me a forum message, or contact me in-game.

In-game contact: InlandSurfer or Vandør (the ø is alt+0248, or just copy/paste it). I'm usually online between 9:00 and 11:00pm PST.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a gm for an older players guild that has dwindled to the point of becoming a ghost town.

We are looking for a new guild with which to merge. We have a flagship that has all three main floors unlocked, vent server, and a loaded guild bank. Many of the diehard members that are still here have been here since launch and are very experienced players. We love to raid and we have alts to fill any role. Most of us live on the west coast so we are looking for a guild with similar interests that might be a good fit for us.

I myself am 48 and own a small trucking company in northern California. Most of our members we have left range in age from 30- 50.

Edited by DavDurye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I'm a 40+ year old chemist who read the same forum thread as the OP and joined <Elders of the Republic> in December. Over the past half-year our guild has continued to grow and develop. With an active community of members from their early forties to mid seventies. We are primarily a "Social" guild that runs weekly training operations (Story Mode) and form ad hoc groups for heroics/flashpoints throughout the week. We have a sister guild on the Imp side <Elders of the Sith> and have members on several continents. We have players in-game most hours of the day.

If you are a 40+ year old who is looking for a patient, accepting, social guild of players who understand that real life, children, (and grandchildren) come first, look us up. Our website is currently down as it was targeted by automated spammers, but we're still here! We would love to meet you! Please be 40+ to join. If you want to find us, please enter "Elders" in the search field of the Social Tab.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings to the 40+ year-old gaming community on the Harbinger:

This is mostly a bump for visibility. <Elders of the Republic> and <Elders of the Sith> have had a good month of recruitment and with our several new members have been able to open up a second venue for guild operations. We now run SM training ops on Friday evenings, for our members who are just starting or more casual in their gearing and rotations, and HM operations on Saturday evenings for our players looking for more challenges and commensurate rewards.

Our guild website is back up, but you won't find much content there. We mostly communicate with each other through our guild chat and our voice-over-IP server.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings again to the 40+ year old gaming community on the Harbinger!

The website used by our guild has been thoroughly hijacked such that we have to abandon it. If you are looking for details on our guild please check us out on our NEW WEBSITE: http://RepublicElders.gamerlaunch.com. We are an active, friendly, and stable guild with regularly scheduled group content and a great deal of social interaction throughout the week. To join, please find us in game by typing "Elders" on the WHO portion of your Social Window. There are usually folks on.

• 2 weeks later...
<Elders of the Republic> continues to grow! We have picked up several new members during the light/dark event. We have also added a guild flagship to our amenities. If you are a 40+ year-old player, look us up! You can find additional details regarding our guild on our new website listed in the signature of this post. You might be surprised how many older players are in-game! Edited by SpinForbidden
Incomplete

• 4 weeks later...
We continue to have an active, fun, and patient group of older players. Last week, we had a sufficient corps of members online to run an all guild 16-man Eternity Vault operation. If you are looking for a guild home with mature, casual players who are happy to "give you the time of day". Please look us up! Our core members include players who are new to MMOs all the way to Hard Core raiders. We continue to enjoy a partnership with the guild <Elder Knights>. We have all the standard amenities (sister Imp guild, stronghold, flagship, 10% XP bonus).

Thank you for your interest in <Elders of the Republic>. I was away on Vacation and have only checked the post now. While 40+ is the official cutoff, we have made exceptions. Please examine our website (in the forum signature below) and check us out. If you like what you see, please look for members online using the "Who" function of the social tab. Except for early morning hours West-Coast time, we usually have members online. Almost all of our members have invite privileges. I hope that you are able to join us! It really is an excellent community.

Hi Droopy! Thank you for your interest in <Elders of the Republic>. We have already approved your registration on our guild website. I think you can find a comfortable home with us in the guild. Just please be patient. We are old. It sometimes takes us a while to remember what to click when we want to exit a Flashpoint or an Operation! If no one has yet invited you to the guild, please look us up using the "Who" function of the social tab under the word "Elders" we have players online much of the day.

Hello again, senior members of the Harbinger community! <Elders of the Republic> and <Elders of the Sith> are now under new management. Our fourth Guildmaster, Celsfalia, has taken up leadership of <Elders of the Republic> with her alt Celaillia serving as Guildmaster of <Elders of the Sith>. Our community remains strong with frequent operations, flashpoints, and continuous and very comfortable communication. If you're a 40+ year-old gamer looking for a home on the Harbinger, look us up online (guild website in the signature) or check with us directly in-game. We would love for you to join us!

In real life, my work is about to get hectic. I'm going off sub until November, so questions on this thread are less likely to be answered immediately. Trust that our Pub and Imp guilds are continuing strong. We look forward to meeting you!

Edited by SpinForbidden
Punctuation error

Greetings, Bashtoreth! <Elders of the Republic> and <Elders of the Sith> might provide a good guild home for you on the Harbinger. Some of our members have been playing since the game's inception although most of us have joined more recently. My real-life work has been picking up lately, so I'm not likely to be playing the game until after 9 PM P.S.T. but we often have members on. Feel free to send an in-game message to me (Kallinos), or to our guildmaster, Celsfalia for an invite. If you haven't had a chance, please check-out our website. We would be glad to accept your authorize your user-account there as well.

Thanks! I have registered on your website, and I guess at this point I just need the access code. Thanks for the reply!

A friend of mine might also be interested, plasmaflow, who also has been playing since inception. We also host a teamspeak server.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in joining Elders. I just moved over to The Harbringer from Begeren Colony recently.

I signed up to your guild site. My username on your site and my character name on Harbringer are both "De-rezz".

Edited by D_efcon

• 1 month later...
<Elders of the Republic> has continued to be a guild where 40+ year old gamers, most of whom have loved Star Wars since 1977, can find a home on the Harbinger. We've recently reached the +10% XP bonus and have continued to run guild operations on Fri and Sat nights. Since my last post, we've successfully cleared all the standard Storymode operations, most recently adding SM Xeno to the list. Many of us have committed to continuing our memberships well into 5.0. If you're interested in joining our guild, please check out our website - it's updated regularly.

Recently returned to SWTOR and rerolled my main (Jedi Guardian) on the server as I don't wanna pay a transfer plus do the whole light vs dark event. I am a 35 disabled veteran (Navy 14 years) now in college to become an art teacher and now substitute teaching as part of that career progression. I know your guild is 40+ but was curious if the age is a solid requirement? If so, no worries and see you folks online as I level.