The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT AP PvP Gearing/Rotation Vid

IAmViiOLENT

• 3 weeks later...
Hope this helps out you pvpers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnbFa1qfWOE

Watch my stream at twitch.tv/itchyeyes05

Thanks for the guide and video, pulled my PT out from a lengthy retirement so I wanted to see what some people chose as utilities now etc. Thanks a lot!

Oh, I got a question about "missile blast", is there ever a time to use this ability or is it a waste of heat? I don't think I ever used it in the past tbh and just wondering if things have changed since then.

Edited by Lhancelot

Hope this helps out you pvpers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnbFa1qfWOE

Watch my stream at twitch.tv/itchyeyes05

lol wait when i first was watching this i thought it was a troll. But dude... in your tier 1 talents you should 100% be taking Iron Will instead of reflective armor. 30 secs of breaker and 10 seconds of Overrides is the best talent in that tier.

Thanks for the guide and video, pulled my PT out from a lengthy retirement so I wanted to see what some people chose as utilities now etc. Thanks a lot!

Oh, I got a question about "missile blast", is there ever a time to use this ability or is it a waste of heat? I don't think I ever used it in the past tbh and just wondering if things have changed since then.

In lowbies you can get a little bit of use out of it as a ranged attack when you have less tools and you have to kite more since lacking defensives.

At max level, very rarely you will be caught at range, with nothing better to use, and its ok to throw it in. But between a pull, gap closer, hydraulics, and numerous ranged abilities, along with the poor heat cost, its almost never worth it. If for some reason you're at 30 meters, and the target is continuing to flee from you, and you can't close the gap, and sticky/thermal det/railshot are ALL on cooldown, I guess you could fire it off to try to get a kill before they escape, but PT's have enough tools that that should really never happen, except maybe in like say, a hectic 8v8 map where they are getting peels, in which case it would be better to just swap to another target.

Edited by wadecounty

In lowbies you can get a little bit of use out of it as a ranged attack when you have less tools and you have to kite more since lacking defensives.

At max level, very rarely you will be caught at range, with nothing better to use, and its ok to throw it in. But between a pull, gap closer, hydraulics, and numerous ranged abilities, along with the poor heat cost, its almost never worth it. If for some reason you're at 30 meters, and the target is continuing to flee from you, and you can't close the gap, and sticky/thermal det/railshot are ALL on cooldown, I guess you could fire it off to try to get a kill before they escape, but PT's have enough tools that that should really never happen, except maybe in like say, a hectic 8v8 map where they are getting peels, in which case it would be better to just swap to another target.

ok thanks, confirmed my sentiments on it then.