did they change suppressive fire?

Dongtown

I used to be able to reposition it mid cast simply by casting it again. Now it doesn't work unless I cancel the cast first which can be irritating to do (either hit esc which is kind of inconvenient, or moving which risks getting jumped on in pvp)

I used to be able to reposition it mid cast simply by casting it again. Now it doesn't work unless I cancel the cast first which can be irritating to do (either hit esc which is kind of inconvenient, or moving which risks getting jumped on in pvp)

Plasma Probe doesn't have that issue :)

we have never been able to rechannel it again before the global cooldown was over and that hasn't changed. e.g. you can move it after the global is done but before it finishes the channel without having to move or break it first.

we have never been able to rechannel it again before the global cooldown was over and that hasn't changed. e.g. you can move it after the global is done but before it finishes the channel without having to move or break it first.

That's not the issue here. I tested it, and OP is correct: you can no longer break the channel by starting another ability, even after the GCD has passed. If you try to activate any ability during Suppressive Fire you get an error message saying "Not Ready Yet."

i'll give it a test tonight, but i am almost positive that i move sf around before the channel ends but after the gcd by just putting it down somewhere else. i am almost as sure that i do the same with plasma probe and other abilities. all without moving or using escape.

i could be wrong though, so will check tonight.

just checked and op is partly right. the suppressive fire is broken the way he describes, but all of my other abilities worked fine. i could interrupt the sf with any of them after the gcd was done, but could not do that with sf. weird.