KotFE fan theory: Vaylin

Elcitseth

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Manson had his adoring groupies. Nearly every serial killer and mass murderer does.

I think they made a great character with interesting back story and we can see where do we evolve. All I'm saying there's potential in her, both as a villain or turning to the light, both can be real interesting stories. And even better if you can romance her.

Just to mention his brother: I think Arcann could be a much more interesting character, it's like something was holding back the writers. I really hope he becomes a better villain, because right now he's one of the lamest nemesis I had in game.

I think they made a great character with interesting back story and we can see where do we evolve. All I'm saying there's potential in her, both as a villain or turning to the light, both can be real interesting stories. And even better if you can romance her.

Just to mention his brother: I think Arcann could be a much more interesting character, it's like something was holding back the writers. I really hope he becomes a better villain, because right now he's one of the lamest nemesis I had in game.

I think we need more scenes talking with Arcaan, I actually really enjoy him as a villain (Still, Baras is still one of SWTOR's best villans). Plus, he should get a point for being the first person in the game that actually comes after you. Everyone else always waits for you to come busting down their door, he actually comes to finish you off while bringing a whole army to take you down. That scene of all those knights and Sky toopers marching into Asylum was just awesome.

I think that's exactly what they were aiming for. He is a dissapointment as nemesis because he just hasn't what it takes to be a big bad. He is a short tempered big bad wannabe that, while immensly powerful, is basically just a short sighted ***** fueled entirely by his own jealousy.

So far multiple people have already forseen his inevitable downfall, including Vitiate/Valkorion himself ("You have no ambition only jealousy. That's why you fail.") the Scions of Zakuul, the Heralds of Zildrag and their prophecy and maybe even Vaylin (Arcann: "I'd die to ... something something." Vaylin: "Yes, you will.") Either at the end of KotFe or even earlier he will be dealt with and then either Valkorion/Vitate retakes his place as Big bad, Vaylin fills the spot, or someone else reveals some sinister intentions that promote them to big bad (probably Scorpio who want her organic life exterminating driod army back or whatever evil thing that is housed in the Gravestone monolith.)

I think that's exactly what they were aiming for. He is a dissapointment as nemesis because he just hasn't what it takes to be a big bad. He is a short tempered big bad wannabe that, while immensly powerful, is basically just a short sighted ***** fueled entirely by his own jealousy.

So far multiple people have already forseen his inevitable downfall, including Vitiate/Valkorion himself ("You have no ambition only jealousy. That's why you fail.") the Scions of Zakuul, the Heralds of Zildrag and their prophecy and maybe even Vaylin (Arcann: "I'd die to ... something something." Vaylin: "Yes, you will.") Either at the end of KotFe or even earlier he will be dealt with and then either Valkorion/Vitate retakes his place as Big bad, Vaylin fills the spot, or someone else reveals some sinister intentions that promote them to big bad (probably Scorpio who want her organic life exterminating driod army back or whatever evil thing that is housed in the Gravestone monolith.)

As much as I can't understand how, Vitiate will not be the big bad...I think. I don't know where the quote is, but I'm pretty sure one of the writers said that they didn't want Vitiate to be the expected villain in KOFTE, but to show us a different side of his character.

As much as I can't understand how, Vitiate will not be the big bad...I think. I don't know where the quote is, but I'm pretty sure one of the writers said that they didn't want Vitiate to be the expected villain in KOFTE, but to show us a different side of his character.

That might be true. As said it could very well be that Vaylin, Scoprio, an ancient evil within the Gravestone, Zildrog, someone entirely new threat or even f*cking Kephess again will be the new main antagonist after Arcann has to face the reality that he was never supposed to achieve true greatness.

Okay it probably won't be Kephess. God I hope it won't be Kephess.

Or Bioware was just being literal and Vitiate/Valkorin really won't be the big bad in KotFE. But he will be in the next expansion after KotFE which will be named RotEtPDCIDotRotE) (= Return of the Emperor: The Planet-Devourening: Chapter I: Dawn of the Rise of the Emperor.)

I'd burst out laughing if Kephess returned once more :D

Btw I can't believe Vitiate is not the villain. He's Sith. He feeds on the dark side to be immortal. He can't just suddenly say, "wait, now that I'm inside your head suddenly I'm the best scout boy only ever helping you".

No, Vitiate is still evil and has further plans. I can't see any reason to EVER accept the tiniest of his power.

I refused to use his power when he said Lana would die otherwise, even though I romanced Lana. Ofc I didnt know she wouldnt die

Btw I can't believe Vitiate is not the villain. He's Sith. He feeds on the dark side to be immortal. He can't just suddenly say, "wait, now that I'm inside your head suddenly I'm the best scout boy only ever helping you".

No, Vitiate is still evil and has further plans. I can't see any reason to EVER accept the tiniest of his power.

I refused to use his power when he said Lana would die otherwise, even though I romanced Lana. Ofc I didnt know she wouldnt die

No doubt he's still evil, but Bioware is probably going to attempt to make him more sympathislble. He's already started this when he begins to tell the outlander of how he enjoyed experiencing love as Valkorian

Everyone talks about how Vaylin is crazy and shouldn't be a companion that u can romance becuase of it but 1. We dont know her full story and 2. She cannot possibly be any worse than dark side Jaesa Willsaam who was romancable and she as a companion was only romancable in her dark side crazy version. Edited by SUPERTMANTIGER

I use it just cuz i like being a dark jedi (not sith). I like making dark choices and using dark power.

Everyone talks about how Vaylin is crazy and shouldn't be a companion that u can romance becuase of it but 1. We dont know her full story and 2. She cannot possibly be any worse than dark side Jaesa Willsaam who was romancable and she as a companion was only romancable in her dark side crazy version.

Yeah but Dark side Jaesa, while insane and completely unhinged, is also a broken husk of a woman that is slavishly obidient to the Sith warrior due to the fact that her "romance" consists of some seriously ****ed up case of stockholm syndrome. She is also weaker than the Sith warrior by default. All of this ismaking it much less likely that she will rip off your private parts and feed them to you just because she can.

Vaylin on the other hand is just as insane and completely unhinged (maybe even more so), but unless her recruitment also consists of psychologically tormenting her and physically beating her up until she snaps even more and becomes a broken slave for your own amusement she has no reason not to turn her insanity against you. And her trying to rip of your private parts and feeding them to you (followed by feeding you three more random private parts from other people because she hates odd numbers) is far more likely to suceed given she is above every other character (except maybe Valkorion/Vitiate himself) in terms of force-power.

Everyone talks about how Vaylin is crazy and shouldn't be a companion that u can romance becuase of it but 1. We dont know her full story and 2. She cannot possibly be any worse than dark side Jaesa Willsaam who was romancable and she as a companion was only romancable in her dark side crazy version.

Just because we don't know all of her story does not negate that from what has been presented to us, she is insane. And Dark Jeasa was more just a lost girl being manipulated by the Warrior, she's inexperienced in the ways of the dark side. She's crazy, yes. But you know what to expect from her, with Vaylin it's more of a wild card because she seems to do anything at a drop of a dime, no matter how stupid or confusing

Yeah but Dark side Jaesa, while insane and completely unhinged, is also a broken husk of a woman that is slavishly obidient to the Sith warrior due to the fact that her "romance" consists of some seriously ****ed up case of stockholm syndrome. She is also weaker than the Sith warrior by default. All of this ismaking it much less likely that she will rip off your private parts and feed them to you just because she can.

Vaylin on the other hand is just as insane and completely unhinged (maybe even more so), but unless her recruitment also consists of psychologically tormenting her and physically beating her up until she snaps even more and becomes a broken slave for your own amusement she has no reason not to turn her insanity against you. And her trying to rip of your private parts and feeding them to you (followed by feeding you three more random private parts from other people because she hates odd numbers) is far more likely to suceed given she is above every other character (except maybe Valkorion/Vitiate himself) in terms of force-power.

If they do want to make Vaylin join us, I'm predicting that at one point her block gets removed and it gives her more personality, a personality that is probably morally better. Then it's basically the player trying to snap her out of her devotion to her brother and show her that she doing the wrong thing. Or they give us the option to break her more and lop off her head...

Just because we don't know all of her story does not negate that from what has been presented to us, she is insane. And Dark Jeasa was more just a lost girl being manipulated by the Warrior, she's inexperienced in the ways of the dark side. She's crazy, yes. But you know what to expect from her, with Vaylin it's more of a wild card because she seems to do anything at a drop of a dime, no matter how stupid or confusing

So u can justify Dark Jeasa craziness with the manpulation of the sith warrior and her lack of knowledge of the dark side but u cant justify Vaylin craziness with the block in her head and possibly other things that may have happened to her, Seriously? Also knowing her story will make her less of a wild card. Also u say knowing her story does not change her actions but knowning Dark Jeasa story (based on what u said) apparently does.

So u can justify Dark Jeasa craziness with the manpulation of the sith warrior and her lack of knowledge of the dark side but u cant justify Vaylin craziness with the block in her head and possibly other things that may have happened to her, Seriously? Also knowing her story will make her less of a wild card. Also u say knowing her story does not change her actions but knowning Dark Jeasa story (based on what u said) apparently does.

Justify? Who's justifying them? We're talking about who's crazier.

Like I said, with Jeasa you know what to expect and that she won't do anything to you. Vaylin, you do not know.

Well thats hardly fair. Of course u dont know vaylin, she is a fairly new character. How about we try to figure out who is crazier when Vaylin isnt a new character and we know EVERYTHING about her.

Well thats hardly fair. Of course u dont know vaylin, she is a fairly new character. How about we try to figure out who is crazier when Vaylin isnt a new character and we know EVERYTHING about her.

We don't need to know everything about her to predict her actions.

Kaliyo Is A Better Wife Than Vaylin,And Kaliyo Is A Total Sociopath.

Eww. You need go home and rethink your life *waves hand*

I think we need more scenes talking with Arcaan, I actually really enjoy him as a villain (Still, Baras is still one of SWTOR's best villans).

lol I was a little worried about your first post but now I know you're trolling.

Good one. :D

She cannot possibly be any worse than dark side Jaesa Willsaam

Ugh. I do wish people would stop making this comparison.

Vaylin is the real deal when it comes to dark, evil for the fun of it and possibly I-subscribe-to-a-different-reality crazy. Jaesa is a repressed tryhard failure who really needs to grow up out of her moody phase.

Edited by CrutchCricket