4.0 Lightning Sorcerer Guide

DarthCognusSion

However, as far as the hard casting of Chain Lightning is concerned I feel that I have given my reasons for not including it

as far as I understand it the only reason you have for not including it is that it has suboptimal single target dps

I completely agree that you shouldn't include this as 'best rotation evah'; but I'm not sure what you have against mentioning it

since you suggest that you want to create the best lightning sorc guide out there; imho, not mentioning a rotation which gives you double splash dmg while only marginally dropping single target dps makes your guide only applicable for average situations/players (which is sad, because it's relatively in-depth and well-written)

and I think that it is my prerogative as the author to not put something in the guide which I do not feel is better than what I have already written.

ofc, it's completely up to you whether or not you include something; but I think we have the same goal in mind (getting more people to play lightning sorcs, and at the highest level possible)

imo giving multiple (situationally) viable options is better than only giving a standard rotation :)

but if you're not willing to consider it any longer, then I'll stop posting about it here

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duuuuuuude, I had no idea about the whole using polarity shift before Affliction thing. I am sure that made a big difference as I have nearly caught you Sion. So close!

http://parsely.io/parser/view/139882

I wish I could take credit for that, but that goes to Bant. When he was reviewing the guide he told me about the unique situation that Lightning Sorcerer's have with both a refreshable dot and a self alacrity buff. It does make a huge difference. And I would say you have caught me. Looks like you've got about 20 DPS higher. Only thing I would suggest is to work on that APM. I'm a little crazy about alacrity (my average APM nowadays is around 52), but you should try to get it around 50. Regardless, great parse man, glad I (by which I really mean Bant :D) could be of some help.

Edited by DarthCognusSion

• 2 weeks later...
If you are suggesting that I promote utilizing a bug to increase damage, then I am sorry to say that I refuse to do so. If you are suggesting that I promote hard casting chain lightning, then you can look at the previous discussion on this thread and notice that hard casting is a single target dps loss, so therefore it does not have a place in the rotation.

You clearly don't understand your role as a lightning sorc if you think your single target dps means anything at all. Don't write guides if you are going to promote improper use of a spec. If you want to single target dps as a sorc, play madness. Otherwise learn your role in the team.

• 2 months later...

If it does, it is a bug, regardless of whether Bioware addresses it.

Why did you use it then? It doesn't really comply with you being against it. In that case why not share the "trick" with others who might be interested. Otherwise it is not fair.