The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ep. 7 It's a small galaxy after all, It's a small galaxy after all

HuaRya

Anyone else find a huge lack of:

1. Hardware, b-wing, y-wing, frigates, tie bombers, etc.

2. Expansive Planets teeming with alien diversity, normal Earth planets with a few birds

3. Anyone of any military rank over the age of 30 with a speaking part? Disney XD x-wing fighter kids

It was as if Jar Jar Abrahms didn't want to be bothered with the technical aspect of Star Wars and set it up so we'd one day see a Star Trek/Wars cross-over?

Anyone else find a huge lack of:[...]

2. Expansive Planets teeming with alien diversity, normal Earth planets with a few birds[...]

I will absolutely take the 'terrestrial' looking planets shot on actual locations with actual sets over the 100% green-screen settings we got with the more 'exotic' looking planets like Felucia. If they can pull off another world as well as they did Mustafar, then I'll be okay with it - but the more the can use actual sets, the better.

One of the things I was really impressed by with TFA was how they made such effective use of both practical effects and CGI, without over-relying on either.

I think Coruscant got destroyed, with all the senators panicking and yelling.

I was like ***!

According to Wookieepedia, the EpVII "Visual Dictionary" specifies that

the city-planet was Hosnian Prime, not Coruscant, but it was where the Republic Senate was established at the time (apparently, they rotated which planet the Senate convened on to be better representative of the whole Galaxy).

One of my only complaints about TFA was that I wish they had given us a little (not a lot) more info about how the dynamic between the Republic, the Resistance, and the First Order actually works. It's not like Episode IV ever delved much into anything about the Empire and the Republic beyond "Empire bad, Republic was good", but I would have liked some context here

so were had a better understanding of the ramifications of the first Starkiller attack.

Edited by DarthDymond

And I'll take a physical sound stage built up to look like the planet Dagobah with Phil Tippet filling it with creatures before throwing Luke on a cliff on an island off the coast of Ireland with normal looking seabirds in flight.