Discard your ep7 doubts, your fears, and get to the movie theater!

wolfyde

Because Abrams absolutely nailed it!

It's everything it needed to be in every way, and it's

Fan

Tas

Tic

:D

JJ killed ST and SW posters are full of NWO-style subliminals.

I doubt that and my doubt will be confirmed in a few days when I'll go see the movie.

Because Abrams absolutely nailed it!

It's everything it needed to be in every way, and it's

Fan

Tas

Tic

:D

He absolutely did not! I was deeply disappointed! :mad:

Admittedly my hopes was set pretty high, but whos wasen't I ask? J.J. has managed to disappoint my more than I was with the prequel movies, and lets just say they disappointed my quite a bit.

How did he do? I have no idea how you can screw up so bad but he did.

I really really hoped this would be a new great beginning for SW but:

[/instead we get a movie, that is nothing more than a reboot/remake, and a poor one at that, Atleast the much hated prequels were original. Nothing was new. J.J and Kasdan reused every ol' SW plot in the book, and then painted it with some new colors.

I

Edited by Cbaoth

Well if you want to see New Hope with new characters then it's good movie.

For me it was very entertaining and going in the right direction but i hope next two movies won't copy everything from the original.

Well, it seems very likely that:

A wise old hermit (Luke) will teach one (Rey for sure) (or two [Finn maybe]) people too old to be starting Jedi training. More crash course Jedi training.

Now if either of those two leave their training earlier to save someone, I'm going to laugh my butt off.

like what :rak_02:

No Ben Skywalker, Jaina or Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, no Darth Caedus. No princess granddaughter on the ship with Han and Leia. No Mara Jade. No Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Basically, the whole post-ROTJ EU is gone. Fan-fiction basically.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Spoiler

No Ben Skywalker, Jaina or Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, no Darth Caedus. No princess granddaughter on the ship with Han and Leia. No Mara Jade. No Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Basically, the whole post-ROTJ EU is gone. Fan-fiction basically.

If you expected any of that, you have not been paying attention to what has been going on with the Disney/EU relationships ;)

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

I cannot disagree any more then I do about your statements OP *snip*

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I don't have an issue with that.

However, that you're trying to ruin it for other people by not using spoiler tags is really pathetic.

Edited by wolfyde

I cannot disagree any more then I do about your statements OP

I actually boo'd several times in the theater while people were clapping.

So some lay person can just pick up a lightsaber and use it against a sith apprentice with some skill? yes the Sith was hurt and emotionally raw after gutting papa......he should have gutted her with ease........the traitorous Storm trooper using a lightsaber? Come on......he might be trained in the use of a vibro blade style weapons as shown n the flic but a lightsaber is a more elegant weapon ....

The novelization suggests a bit more strongly that Maz believes that Finn is force sensitive too. He's no Skywalker, unlike Kylo and Rey, but I'm guessing we might see some Jedi apprentice sparring in Ep. 8 and beyond.

As for Kylo getting beat down, remember he got shot in the gut by Chewie's bowcaster. Then Finn got a couple of swipes in on him. He was hurt pretty bad at the point where Rey channeling the Force managed to win.

Flashback to the scene where we see the clones for the first time.....(enters the imperial/vader theme) that was epic.....Instead we get some dope speaking from a lecturn and no music and storm troopers saluting......pfft

The score was a bit lacking.

*** ever happened to creativity......Death Star 3.0? There was absolutely no creativiy in the implementation of a 3rd DS. beyond basic differences they did the exact same damn thing.........lets create a diversion and fly into the super center and destroy the planet......

Agreed. But you know....Disney. They don't take risks with their money. ;)

too much laughter.....I do love good laugh in the sw universe but not every 30 seconds....ok Chewbacca is cold.....ok the kessel run in 12 not 14 parsecs.....I was waiting for porkins child to show up .....there was too much homage to the older movie that was not necessary IMO....

Also agreed. I liked the movie more than you did, but seriously, the echoes to Ep. 4 were too much.

Edited by Master-Nala

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I don't have an issue with that.

However, that you're trying to ruin it for other people by not using spoiler tags is really pathetic.

While your point is well taken. If I were trying not to be spoiled, I wouldn't be anywhere near a Star Wars forum, message board, social media account, etc.

For the guys who've already seen it:

Does Daniel Craig play in TFA? Heard some time ago that Simon Pegg said that Craig would play in TFA.

yes he plays the storm trooper who rey uses the mind trick on. it fails at first but then he leaves and says I will leave the door open and drop my blaster

Well if you want to see New Hope with new characters then it's good movie.

For me it was very entertaining and going in the right direction but i hope next two movies won't copy everything from the original.

What he said. Lots of homage to Ep IV, but it was bery nicely done. Good flick. But not earth shattering.

It was very okay. All the parts with Finn and Rey were excellent. All the parts where Ford and Fischer got shoe-horned in, not so much. Plot was absolutely ridiculous. Nothing has any kind of emotional gravity.

This is seriously the same problem his first Star Trek movie had. The original script had backstory that, if included, would have made Banna's character one of the best antagonists in the Trek franchise since Khan, but apparently Abrams wanted to fit in more actions scenes.

Same deal. We have absolutely no idea where the Republic, the Resistance, and the First Order fit into any of the universe, As such, they're just names thrown around devoid of context except to say, "Here are the baddies and here are the goodies". It blows my mind that we actually got better context in Ep 4.

Just got back from seeing it. It's good, real good. Empire Strikes Back has always been the best and this one is a very close second IMHO.

Was only one meh moment but that wasn't even a big deal.

Lots of applause when credits rolled. Been some time since I've seen that happen at a movie.