Cheats again?

Przemo_No

I was playing Saturday night on TRE and came across something suspicious.

On Alderaan 2 ppl attacked our node and they were unkillable. There were 4 defenders (!) and those two (Sin tank and Sorc healer) were just untouchable. At the certain point I stopped doing any attacks, because it was just pointless. I play Inflitration (or Deception) since the beginning and I know this class is capable to do some damage, but hitting them with maul and FC (on proc) with NO visible effect on their health bar, really got my attention. From their playstyle I knew they were keybinders and apparently on voice, but the “no damage taken” factor kept me at suspicion. With 4 people focused on them, they seems to take some minimal damage, but it was far too little, knowing there are 4 ppl attacking 1.

Also the recent DPS nerf, (completely unjustified) did not help in the case.

Both belonged to some imperial guild name starting with “E” (helpful, huh? :) )

Second suspicion arrived on Voidstar when literally 3 seconds after opening the bridge the 2nd bomb was planted. There were some Operatives in the attackers group, but even they cannot “plant” the bombs THAT fast. Even with double exfiltration and no one on the way, interrupting the planting itself takes some 8 seconds I guess.

Ergo: there are still people cheating in this game.

you could call it cheating as much as you like, but sadly with no proof? Well... innocent untill proven guilty I guess.

Operatives now have a new little tactic that some of them use, one op roll's twice, then the other op teleports to them and roll's twice, then the other op teleports and rolls again as soon as possible.

This might be one thing your witnessing.

In case of voidstar i can almost guarantee that somebody from your team was standing on the edge and stealthed operative holotraversed to the guy while bridges were still closed. And just waited for bridge to open and cap while you all were distracted. it is not some next level tactics, you was able to leap across or pull ppl since like forever.

Now you simply can do it while still in stealth as a sin or operative.

As for Civil war - typical case of terrible DPS vs good tank and a healer. OK OK you in particular surely was awesum and stuff, but 1 infi shadow wont even make a dent in heal-tank combo. I main infi shadow on repside and sorc heal on impside so i have seen both ends of this issue. With current broken sorc healing sin\pt tank + sorc can stall infinite amount of ppl on the node if they are any good. I kinda almost stopped playing sorc heal beyond weekly conquest because of how it is head and shoulders above other healers now.

Also, i don't recall any TRE PVP guild starting with "E".

Edited by wmst

ok, did not know that "new" Operatives trick, could be possible. but hey, that REALLY makes things quite unfair.

Secondly, the heale sorcs (sages) are really above any reasonable point now.

Funny thing is that I personally cannot convince myself to play it because of all those DOTs. i just cannot stand waiting for the cast to be finished.

Nope, i am not an uber player, I just know what I can do (or COULD, actually) - because now, it's..hands down...

Can tank 4 not-so-great people with shadow tank + a good healer, force shroud x2 can mitigate tons of damage, so I don't think it's a cheat.

About bomb planting/defusing idk, have heard some ppl complaining but never saw it myself. It may be true idk

But this thread is an opportunity for me to ask something. On Novare Coast, as Consular/Inquisitor you can put a phasewalk away, then start to tag objective & phasewalk away without interrupting the cap. I don't do it myself as I find it borderline, but how do people feel about that? It's not really cheating but it's not fair either. I mean, if people pay attention to tag it's not a big deal, not gamebreaking & 45s CD but it's still unfair & not working as intended (I assume).

So, is this neat trick, mechanic abuse or plain cheat ?

Can tank 4 not-so-great people with shadow tank + a good healer, force shroud x2 can mitigate tons of damage, so I don't think it's a cheat.

About bomb planting/defusing idk, have heard some ppl complaining but never saw it myself. It may be true idk

But this thread is an opportunity for me to ask something. On Novare Coast, as Consular/Inquisitor you can put a phasewalk away, then start to tag objective & phasewalk away without interrupting the cap. I don't do it myself as I find it borderline, but how do people feel about that? It's not really cheating but it's not fair either. I mean, if people pay attention to tag it's not a big deal, not gamebreaking & 45s CD but it's still unfair & not working as intended (I assume).

So, is this neat trick, mechanic abuse or plain cheat ?

I assume you mean the phasewalk is still within capping range (for example, phasewalking to the other side of the node)? If so, it's completely fair. After all, if you phasewalk away from a sniper/merc, their channels will still damage you if you're within range (and sometimes through walls, depending on lag).

If you mean phasewalking 60m away while capping, that shouldn't work.

I assume you mean the phasewalk is still within capping range (for example, phasewalking to the other side of the node)? If so, it's completely fair. After all, if you phasewalk away from a sniper/merc, their channels will still damage you if you're within range (and sometimes through walls, depending on lag).

http://i64.tinypic.com/27xm9n4.jpg typical situation i'm talking about (I know my mspaint skill is awesome)

You end out of typical cap range, in this situation the range is more 30-40ish meters but should also work at 60m at least in theory.

there are interesting things sometimes that could seems cheating or some ppl even use some.. I doubt that they are kind of hacks, the game has hack detection engine for sure, but what I can imagine is some gear bug exploit. I meet up some players as well nowadays that I could not dmg, but they were able to kill me by landing 3 hits.. I was on full 4.0 expertise gear of course and guess what, with a shadow tank! So not a glass cannon...

Long story short we have to make recordings and send them to support, If there is no recorded material, than these are just empty words : /

But what I should suggest to OP as an advice:

Don't start a cheep self class lobby when you mentioning in game cheating! Never! This "I guess they were cheating" but I have to add that Sorc healer is overpowered, so maybe it's just this.. This sounds like ********. ok?

Also what was your and your teammate's expertise?

Edited by Csillagkari

Csillagkari

Also what was your and your teammate's expertise?

No idea about theirs, mine is 2018 - mostly Cynosure set + some Ex..whatever the higher set is called.

Whatever my claim looks like, I know for sure that it WAS NOT like that before. Neither anyone could roll and cap sth in 3 secs, nor was "undamageable" at all.

Though I am no PVP uber, nor would have any fun in case my class was overpowered, I find current situation completely discouraging from taking part in PVP.

Yes, I know we had zillion complaints of this type since day 1.

Simply if it continues this way, I give up and wait till BW comes to their senses.

It's actually pretty easy to plant the bomb on the second door in voidstar, even before the bridge is opened. Have a Sin or Operative use their stealthed teleport abilities to somebody that is standing in the middle area (between the two bridges) and close to the other side of the chasm, move in and plant behind their backs while they still think that nobody is over there. You can also leap to or pull anybody who gets too close. Just like huttball - don't stand in the wrong spot.

Regarding that tank and healer, did you see white / yellow damage numbers? Dodge, pary, miss, reflected, etc? Do you have logs showing what happened? Maybe you are hitting the tank for damage, but the healer output is just so high that your damage doesn't seem to do much. Combine that with tank mitigation stats and abilities - suddenly you are hitting like a wet noodle, and often miss / dodge / pary etc.

I saw this once where a bunch of us killed the last person, a Sorc, on the attacking side of the bridge. He then respawned and used phase walk back over to outside to interrupt the cap. He did this twice before we opened up a bridge. We all know Phase walk resets if you die :rolleyes:

It's the one and only time I've seen this, I'm not sure if it was a bug, exploit or what... But it was reported so Bio could atleast identify what caused it.

Either way it's certainly not an intended mechanic, so you could say the person was cheating because it gave them an unfair advantage, regardless of how they were able to do it.

I assume Bio did something, otherwise we would have all seen this by now and I'm sure I would have seen it more than once, considering the amount of PVP I play.

I saw this once where a bunch of us killed the last person, a Sorc, on the attacking side of the bridge. He then respawned and used phase walk back over to outside to interrupt the cap. He did this twice before we opened up a bridge. We all know Phase walk resets if you die :rolleyes:

It's the one and only time I've seen this, I'm not sure if it was a bug, exploit or what... But it was reported so Bio could atleast identify what caused it.

Either way it's certainly not an intended mechanic, so you could say the person was cheating because it gave them an unfair advantage, regardless of how they were able to do it.

I assume Bio did something, otherwise we would have all seen this by now and I'm sure I would have seen it more than once, considering the amount of PVP I play.

phase walk dont reset on when u die icy i am pretty sure about that there is a cool down timer for it CMIIW

http://i64.tinypic.com/27xm9n4.jpg typical situation i'm talking about (I know my mspaint skill is awesome)

You end out of typical cap range, in this situation the range is more 30-40ish meters but should also work at 60m at least in theory.

That might work, if there's a bug... But I've never seen it. Furthermore, I've phasewalked away midcap and the cap was interrupted. Take a screenshot if you see it.

That might work, if there's a bug... But I've never seen it. Furthermore, I've phasewalked away midcap and the cap was interrupted. Take a screenshot if you see it.

I will. I tested it myself and it works reliably, hence my question about the neat trick/condamnable abuse distinction.

Also submitted a ticket like a week ago, no answer so far.

I will. I tested it myself and it works reliably, hence my question about the neat trick/condamnable abuse distinction.

Also submitted a ticket like a week ago, no answer so far.

I can answer for them: "This is human relations droid #&$%. Thanks for submitting a bug report. We don't read them, but you can also post them in the forums. Have a good one."

Edited by Greezt

Since a few weeks before 4.0 went live, I've been noticing frequent behavior that looks very much like lag switching.

Ever so often, you have that ONE player who seems to be lagging just a little too conveniently. I generally sit at 45 ms latency with no issues, but I've had numerous instances (happened twice yesterday) when one specific player seemed to just exist in a bubble of lag. No one could damage him, and our lag shot way up when we tried.

I'm not one to call "hax" without a good reason. Been here since launch, and I understand full well that the overwhelming majority of complaints are just a fundamental misunderstanding of basic mechanics. I get that.

But after a while, you become adept at noticing when something is really...off.

Only time I really noticed 'possible hacking' was in Civil War.

I had a Fury Mara constantly on my ***. I managed to lure him into a 1v1 situation with me (I play Lightning Sorc), and was able to pay more attention to his rotation. He literally did the following:

1. Vicious Slash

2. Raging Burst

3. Vicious Slash

2. Raging Burst

3. Vicious Slash

4. Force Camouflage

5. Vicious Slash (out of stealth)

6. Force Camouflage

7. Raging Burst

Reported this (I had a combat log), and Devs replied a day later that this player has been perma banned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.