Help me understand GF Operations

FourPawnBenoni

Stated EC today through Group FInder as a tank

Killed the Zorn and Toth; when I looted the body there was a token implant which I didn't need so I greeded on it.

There was also a tank chest piece which I needed but there was no roll for it.

I see in chat that "X player receives chest piece".

I asked why there wasn't a roll for it and was told that everyone who loots the body receives a piece. I looked in my inventory and nothing was there. No one else in the chat "received" anything and another person in the group said they didn't get anything.

My question is, how did that person get that chest piece without a roll for it?

Thanks

Each boss will drop a token that can be rolled on.

Each boss will drop (2 IIRC) pieces of non-token gear that are assigned (by the game) to players.

The final boss of the Operation will drop: 1 token (rollable), 1 220 piece (rollable), 1 Dark Matter Catalyst (rollable), and each player will receive 1 216 piece of gear (assigned)

Stated EC today through Group FInder as a tank

Killed the Zorn and Toth; when I looted the body there was a token implant which I didn't need so I greeded on it.

There was also a tank chest piece which I needed but there was no roll for it.

I see in chat that "X player receives chest piece".

I asked why there wasn't a roll for it and was told that everyone who loots the body receives a piece. I looked in my inventory and nothing was there. No one else in the chat "received" anything and another person in the group said they didn't get anything.

My question is, how did that person get that chest piece without a roll for it?

Thanks

If you needed on the chest piece, there was a roll for it, you probably just missed it. They roll up off the screen very fast.

If you needed on the chest piece, there was a roll for it, you probably just missed it. They roll up off the screen very fast.

Think OP meant he "needed" as he wanted the loot but couldn't roll for it as no loot roll pop up came up.

@OP, like what previous posters mentioned, GF ops will drop personal loot as well as raid loot. This makes sure everyone gets something.