Is there any reason to play PvP on Republic?

SteveRB

Until Bioware decides to tone down healing/guard or cross healing in PvP, it is not much fun.

When one team has either 1 Sorcerer healer + tank to guard him, or 2 sorcerer healers cross healing, it turns into a boring close to pointless mess, as its close to impossible to kill anyone.

I for one really hope Bioware will adjust this in PvP mode soon, some teams more than 50% of the imps are Sorcerer.

Edited by Baramaethor

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reason to PvP pubside? How about the fact that Scoundrel, Shadow, Sentinel, and Guardian animations are leagues better than those of their Imperial mirrors?

Personally I think Scrapper has the best animations but the rest for pubs are 100% pure, organic, hand-crafted, artisinal rat **** compared to Imp.

7/10 for making me reply to a post claiming animations matter that much in pvp. :rak_eek:

Edited by Joesixxpack

Personally I think Scrapper has the best animations but the rest for pubs are 100% pure, organic, hand-crafted, artisinal rat **** compared to Imp.

7/10 for making me reply to a post claiming animations matter that much in pvp. :rak_eek:

Nah, Infiltration and Serenity's animations are amazing.

I have to admit that animations on shadow are pretty cool. I think about the only class that uses its feet more than just a girl kick in the nuts so maybe the closest you can get if you want to reminisce of melee in SWG with a vibro blade. Problem is that voice. It's awfully acted. Good think we don't have to hear it in PVP.

• 2 months later...
I decided to check it out for the first time. Played a bunch of matches and not one of them was even remotely close. Most games a single kill was a miracle. We can't even get someone past 75% most times even when its 3v1. And every single game is like this.

Is this just the state of PvP in this game generally?

I can only speak for the Red Eclipse, and let me say solo republic side there? No, don't do it to yourself.

Until Bioware decides to tone down healing/guard or cross healing in PvP, it is not much fun.

When one team has either 1 Sorcerer healer + tank to guard him, or 2 sorcerer healers cross healing, it turns into a boring close to pointless mess, as its close to impossible to kill anyone.

I for one really hope Bioware will adjust this in PvP mode soon, some teams more than 50% of the imps are Sorcerer.

Just now was in a darling match, again with 4 sorcerers, at least 2 of which were healers, a powertech and 2 operative healers. Sorcerer dot + massive healing. That went quickly, I can tell you. :p

• 4 weeks later...