The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

General Grievous

ConVallian

Before i never thought grievous was to impressive, just saw him as last minute villian for ep 3 to use lightsabers without being a sith so we can have more lightsaber fights without breaking the rule of two. Like i said i thought he was no more than a throw away villain. But after reading some of these vs matches here in the forums i see i gravely underestimated him. What is the main sources for most of his feats other than tcw and ep 3 novel? is their a novel that elaborates on his back story? if so what is it?

Thanks

But after reading some of these vs matches here in the forums i see i gravely underestimated him.

No you didn't. (maybe a little bit)

Don't take this stuff without a grain of salt.(plenty of it) You would be better off seeing for yourself the character inside actual material he appears in.

Edited by Kaedusz

No you didn't. (maybe a little bit)

Don't take this stuff without a grain of salt.(plenty of it) You would be better off seeing for yourself the character inside actual material he appears in.

Hush, you.

Labyrinth of Evil, the original Clone Wars series, and his namesake comic series are good places to start for Grievous info.

Hush, you.

Labyrinth of Evil, the original Clone Wars series, and his namesake comic series are good places to start for Grievous info.

thanks aurbere, will check it out. Love reading your posts btw, keep fighting for Revan buddy he needs on that list :D

Thank you! And you know I will. ;)

Haha. Also what would be your opinion on yoda vs satele? in terms of raw force power i think Shan has a bigger pool to pull from but yoda's saber skills wisdom and clarity is superior how close do you think the fight would be?

Haha. Also what would be your opinion on yoda vs satele? in terms of raw force power i think Shan has a bigger pool to pull from but yoda's saber skills wisdom and clarity is superior how close do you think the fight would be?

Nah, Yoda's massively more powerful than Satele. He's just way better than she is in every way. She has really impressive displays, but Yoda outclasses her on every front.

Nah, Yoda's massively more powerful than Satele. He's just way better than she is in every way. She has really impressive displays, but Yoda outclasses her on every front.

Oh well i thought it was closer, but i wont debate . I just always thought Satele was more powerful than alot of people give her credit for

Oh well i thought it was closer, but i wont debate . I just always thought Satele was more powerful than alot of people give her credit for

Well she is. Obviously, she is more powerful than she's given credit for. Yoda's just on a completely different level. I'm tempted to say that even his ESB or ROTJ incarnations are around Satele's level of power. Though that's mostly implied power.

Well she is. Obviously, she is more powerful than she's given credit for. Yoda's just on a completely different level. I'm tempted to say that even his ESB or ROTJ incarnations are around Satele's level of power. Though that's mostly implied power.

even in raw power? what about satele vs mace windu. would you think that would be closer?

Yoda's just on a completely different level.

"So he's a mystery character, he's a magical character. He has no background. He comes and he goes. He's the subversive secret mysterious stranger that enters the film and then exits at the end." ;)

Edited by Kaedusz

Funny you guys should mention Revan. Someone, forgot who, in one of those vs threads said that Grievous was basically going to give Revan a run for his money. :rolleyes:

That was me and if you had bothered to read my argument you would have seen that it was all to do with range as at first I thought they started in front of each other meaning it would go to sabers something Grievous could take. As soon as I found out the starting range was 25 meters I conceded and gave it to Revan because it gave him the chance to abuse his Force powers.

On topic though, Grievous is usually underrated due to TCW but if you go beyond that you see that he's basically one of the best (if not the best) non-Force sensitives of all time. As Aurbere said Labyrinth of Evil is a great book regarding Grievous, as is the ROTS novelization. One feat that proves Grievous is impressive is him contending with SoD Darth Maul on a Dark Side nexus.