GPU problems after 4.0.3a

cashtwomuchos

I think there is a problem with the graphics after patch 4.0.3a. This could have something to do with the latest Windows 10 update which was released a couple of days ago.

What happens is that videocards reset, people get a short blackscreen, followed by a loading screen ingame (including myself), after that the game continues again.

I did some readings on my Zotact AMP! Extreme GTX 980 and the clock readings are WAY off after that black screen. Normal readings are between 1430 and 1490 Mhz, after the black screen it stalls at 593 Mhz. This is the only game it happens to, i tested other GPU heavy games like Anno 2205, but everything is ok in that game.

And yes, i used latest drivers, i even rolled back to older drivers to see if the same problem occurred and yes the problem persists through driver versions. If you need more information please let me know.

I think there is a problem with the graphics after patch 4.0.3a. This could have something to do with the latest Windows 10 update which was released a couple of days ago.

What happens is that videocards reset, people get a short blackscreen, followed by a loading screen ingame (including myself), after that the game continues again.

I did some readings on my Zotact AMP! Extreme GTX 980 and the clock readings are WAY off after that black screen. Normal readings are between 1430 and 1490 Mhz, after the black screen it stalls at 593 Mhz. This is the only game it happens to, i tested other GPU heavy games like Anno 2205, but everything is ok in that game.

And yes, i used latest drivers, i even rolled back to older drivers to see if the same problem occurred and yes the problem persists through driver versions. If you need more information please let me know.

I've been experiencing this when i am loading into a planet. Not sure how or why it started.

I've been having something similar happen since at least 4.2 where at least once a session, usually shortly after I enter combat, or combat occurs around me, I'll get the KOTFE splash screen. I messed with my drivers and I even ran a bunch of stress tests on my system because I was worried I was having a hardware issue, but so far still can't resolve it.

Was having same issues.... Went back to Win7 (I had upgrade to 10 free and windows.old file was on HDD for 7). Eliminated that problem but as in my other post... Seems to be some serious PvP issues now that have come up with this week's updates. Last 3yrs has been such a fight with SWTOR to get it running at optimum compared to other games. Seems to ALWAYS be something new with this game that comes up and causes me to have to figure out what happened.... SWTOR is about the most high maint game I have owned in the last 5yrs lol. Edited by ZRated
Because

I've got the same issue since i switched from a Radeon to a GTX 970 last week.

I get a random loading screen in the middle of the game (mostly when i use certain abilities) and my GPUs clock goes down to P2 state. If i continue to play in this state, i'll get another random loading screen after some time and the GPU clock goes down again into P5 state.

Only way to get it back to normal state is a complete system reboot.

SWTOR is the only game that caused this issue for me so far. And the game is usually only utilizing around 50% of the GPU. So, i don't think it's a performance issue.

PS:

SWTOR also has issues with the new Radeon Crimson drivers. Wouldn't surprise me if these issues were related.

I am not saying it is a SWTOR issue, i am saying that there is interference between the new Windows 10 update and something else and the result is shown in SWTOR.

Allright, i tried a lot but after i have uninstalled Adobe Flash completely from my PC it seems there are no more crashes in SWTOR. I have absolutely no idea if SWTOR utilizes Flash in any sort of way, or maybe Flash interferes with the new Windows 10 update causing crashes in games. Strange still that it only happens in SWTOR, not in any other game i have tried.

Anyway, try to uninstall Flash and play SWTOR again, see if that fixes your problems as well.

Hey guys I am having the same issues in Swtor only. Started after the last patch. I'm running 100fps then the game freezes quick drops me to 5 fps. Checked my MSI afterburner and everytime this happends my GPU core clock drops from 1080mhz to 300mhz instantly. then jumps back up. Memory clock is the same 1502mhz to 500mhz instantly. My GPU usage is on avarage 30%, while playing it will spike up to 80% then drop to 0% when this stutter happends. Ram, cpu and heat are all fine no issues. This is clearly a GPU issue. Running Windows 10 all updates. Have new Crimson drivers. Video card is a MSI 7950 Boost 3GB, i5 cpu 3.7ghz, and 8GB of DD3 1600mhz ram. Tested other games all run 100%. Need some help, this is annoying. Thanks

Still no fix as of today. I also started a thread on the Nvidia forum, maybe someone has a fix there. Again it hurts to see that there is 0 response from Bioware (or EA nowadays). Getting a bit tired of 0 response in game breaking bugs.

I see multiple threads from people having gamebreaking trouble after the latest Windows 10 update. And it only occurs in THIS game. So Bioware (or EA), some advice: contact your contact at Microsoft and ask them what the hell is going on.

With thanks to Technical Support (moderator). I was linked to a thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=799503.

There was someone who said to download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=8109, install and ready. That did the trick for me. No more crashes.

It seems that the new Windows 10 update didn't automatically download older DirectX files. Since SWTOR is DirectX9 that is pretty important.

Hopefully that will fix it for everyone!

I've been having issues too, BSOD, crashing and freezing. Did a system restore, checked the disc, did a memory scan and they came back clear. Did sfc/scannow and it found some errors and fixed them, ran the SWTOR repair and it found 11-12 files and fixed them. Rolled back my driver to the older 353.62 one, installed DX 9.0c. Nothing has fixed it, can't go more than 2 hours without something happening.

After reading on multiple forums about multiple games and i keep checking the nvidia forum, the conclusion is that there is an issue with the latest Windows 10 build (november update) and at least nvidia drivers. Not sure if it happens to AMD as well.

I rerolled to 347.88 (non Windows 10 drivers), because there seems to be a problem with DirectX 12 and interference with drivers after the november update. I will keep you posted about how 347.88 will work.