Not letting me change hairstyle in the Appearance Creator

D-Rogue

Hi all,

I wanted to post this to see if anyone was experiencing the same bug as me.

My Smuggler has short hair, the bob style and I wanted to change it to something else for the new expansion (doing a little bit of RP time-passing progression, yadda yadda) and I chose the long, curly hairstyle from the customisation pack. I selected it in the appearance changer on the Fleet, but the button to finalise the change never showed up. You guys know that big button for the "Change Appearance" thing? Only shows as "Exit" and nothing else. I tried changing other things to kinda trick the button into showing up, but when finalising it gives me a red error message.

I submitted a ticket, and the customer service rep said it was a bug. Just wanted to point it out really, it's happening with all of the styles from that one pack, it won't let me change to any of them. Kinda bad when I was planning on using it with my smuggler, guess I'll have to wait until it's patched before enjoying the new expansion :p

Edited by D-Rogue

• 3 months later...

What race is your Smuggler? If she is anything other than "Human", that would be the issue. Sadly, you can preview the earlier CM hairstyles they introduced (the long curly one and the braid bun for ladies) on other races, but you cannot actually purchase them. :( I am baffled as to why they made them previewable if they weren't going to make them available!

If your Smuggler is human, well, I have no idea what the issue is so will say good luck and I hope the issue is fixed. ^^

I have the same response on non-human characters. It seems like BioWare is losing a big opportunity to up-sell the hair styles by showing them but not allowing the purchase of same. I'd rather they just include them to the players that previously purchased the hair style pack to include "near human" species like Miraluka, Mirialan, Cyborg, and maybe Sith pureblood. Edited by katanaacredus
Better wording for clairity.

I didn't realise it was a species specific thing then, what a bummer! My Smuggler is a Cyborg so that would explain the issue, weird that no-one asked me that before. At least I know now that it isn't a bug, thanks guys!

I'm also annoyed with that to be fair, you'd think that humanoid species such as Mirialans would have the hairs from the packs available to them. Cyborgs too, since they're essentially humans just with bits of metal on their faces. I'm still salty over the lack of decent Cathar hairs xD

Edited by D-Rogue