Level sync

ejbsuperbat

Hello everyone! I have played the game for a year now and I have a suggestion regarding level sync. I have sorted this into spoilers for you convenience.

PART 1: LEVEL SYNCS PROS

Now, let me start by saying, Level sync is a good idea with much potential! you can go to do old missions and still gain XP! It paved the way for the heroics and made alliance missions possible. and, for example, a week ago I was on Coruscant trying to do the world boss, 10 level 60-65s were there who had been down-levelled to then a level 17 asked, thanks to level sync, he could help. The one who thought of it deserves a medal, well, half a medal...

PART 2: MY SUGGESTION

As stated, Level sync is good, but there needs to be an off button. On certain characters I have decided to explore old planets, this was fun, you could explore, enemies would not bother you. ever since level sync came about, I cant because I have to stop every so often to battle enemies. I realise this could case problems with PVP and such so even if a new "non level sync instance" must be created that's ok with me! In this non-level sync server alliance missions could be disabled.

PART 3: RECAP

So, to recap, Level sync is good but I believe we need an off button, even if a separate instance, **** even a different server, I believe it should, somehow, be optional.

Thank you for wasting several minutes of your life to read this! please leave your responses and feel free to /sign if you like to do that short of thing!

Yours securely, Ejbsuperbat

I think it works fine as it is, i can go around on low level planets with no problems what so ever, and if you can turn it off you will agin have to problem a team is gathering for a WB bored high level comes along instedd of asking to join he just kills the WB. I can just run drive by most enermies on low level planets and if i have to stop and kell a couple of enermies once in a while that is a small price.

Been playing since launch, and this one of the best things they ever did to the game,

I think it works fine as it is, i can go around on low level planets with no problems what so ever, and if you can turn it off you will agin have to problem a team is gathering for a WB bored high level comes along instedd of asking to join he just kills the WB. I can just run drive by most enermies on low level planets and if i have to stop and kell a couple of enermies once in a while that is a small price.

Been playing since launch, and this one of the best things they ever did to the game,

As I said in Part 1, I like it, it is a good feature, I just think it should be optional

and how would Optional exactly work ?

when they nerf a class , there is no OPTIONAL and everyone get it (either they asked for it or not , like it or not) .

So that usually mean there maybe no way to make it Optional . And personally I never seen an Optional Level Sync .

Maybe they could lower how much XP we get , then peoples will complain they are Under-Leveled for X planet and get their *** handed back to them .

Others will say they are bored and just want to skip X boring quest ! why did you take away all the marvelous XP?? By now I should be on Corellia...instead I'm still in Voss grinding XP ! grinding is sooo Boooooring!

As far as I'm concerned , Level Sync is on many MMO . And they do it right . I think BW/EA need to find the balance between Too much XP and adding High Level Planets/Boss for those 65 (or raise the Level cap by more then 5 you cheapskate!) so they have something to do .

Hello everyone! I have played the game for a year now and I have a suggestion regarding level sync. I have sorted this into spoilers for you convenience.

PART 1: LEVEL SYNCS PROS

Now, let me start by saying, Level sync is a good idea with much potential! you can go to do old missions and still gain XP! It paved the way for the heroics and made alliance missions possible. and, for example, a week ago I was on Coruscant trying to do the world boss, 10 level 60-65s were there who had been down-levelled to then a level 17 asked, thanks to level sync, he could help. The one who thought of it deserves a medal, well, half a medal...

PART 2: MY SUGGESTION

As stated, Level sync is good, but there needs to be an off button. On certain characters I have decided to explore old planets, this was fun, you could explore, enemies would not bother you. ever since level sync came about, I cant because I have to stop every so often to battle enemies. I realise this could case problems with PVP and such so even if a new "non level sync instance" must be created that's ok with me! In this non-level sync server alliance missions could be disabled.

PART 3: RECAP

So, to recap, Level sync is good but I believe we need an off button, even if a separate instance, **** even a different server, I believe it should, somehow, be optional.

Thank you for wasting several minutes of your life to read this! please leave your responses and feel free to /sign if you like to do that short of thing!

Yours securely, Ejbsuperbat

you are a complete pillock

your all pillocks I ben playing since beta playing mmo's for a lot of years only a total idiot would work so hard to get lvl'd up to want it taken away ... im out I didn't invest all my time to have it takin away you people can stick it ....

One thing that you forgot to mention in your "LEVEL SYNC PROS", which incidentally makes an "off button" completely impractical.

Level Sync also helps to balance out world PvP. It doesn't go nearly far enough in that regard, but it's a good beginning.

Nice formatting but your points aren't anywhere remotely near "wall of text" enough to warrant the use of spoiler/code tags to save space.

Anyway...

One thing that you forgot to mention in your "LEVEL SYNC PROS", which incidentally makes an "off button" completely impractical.

Level Sync also helps to balance out world PvP. It doesn't go nearly far enough in that regard, but it's a good beginning.

I'm not a PVPer and have no interest in ever touching a PVP server, but this seems like a pretty fair point here.

UM, to make it optional.

1: did you even read part 2?

2: idea #1: you press a button! TA DA! MAGIC...

This is why you're being asked to explain your ideas further though. You didn't really have much of anything suggested in your suggestion paragraph. Most of it was you explaining what your complaints were (don't want to explore because scary monsters will hurt me). And then your idea is "off button" or maybe possibly "separate instance with different rules applied" or to go really wild with it maybe even "completely separate server".

While it's true that we're just people throwing ideas around and we're not going to have all the answers and all the insight into what will or won't work like the developers will have, it is more helpful and provides a better basis for them to maybe consider trying to do something with an idea if we can flesh it out. "tada! magic!" is not helpful.

What are you picturing with this off button? Something sort of like a buff? Maybe with toggle functionality like stances (sprint, juyo form, dark charge, combat support cell, etc.)? But then that's not something that's being determined by the instance or server. That could be toggled on/off anywhere at any time.

If the game could have instances with different rules we probably wouldn't have different types of servers. We'd just always have a PVE instance and a PVP instance available on every server.

You say you want a special rule for non-sync instances / servers to be that "alliance missions" (all planetary heroics and all star fortress content and all KotFE recruitment alerts?) to be disabled. Well I don't think anybody is going to want an entire server where all of that is never allowed. That's like suggesting a server where flashpoints / operations aren't allowed or a server where warzones / starfighter aren't allowed.