The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bind a Cartel Market item to Legacy

ShaiarLi

Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I have a few items that have been received in packs or purchase outright on one character or another that I've since grown tired of and replaced - but that chest armor or blaster pistol would be perfect for My Other Character. Unfortunately, it's Bound.

I would pay a few coins to be able to change the item binding to a legacy bind so I can mail it to my other character. Especially items gotten from a pack that simply buying another pack won't guarantee another one of those particular items, or that I've already modded with a dye pack. Or items that aren't available anymore.

It'd be ideal if that could work with equipment AND things like mounts, but that might be asking too much. :rolleyes:

Hit your inventory button, hit the Collections button at the bottom left, find the item in collections, and pay coins to add it to Collections(you'll have to do this on a different character than the one that initially used it). If it's an armor piece that's part of a set, you'll have to get the whole set. When you want to get the item on a character, just go back into Collections, find the item, and click the little box icon to claim it from Collections.

If it's an armor piece that's part of a set, you'll have to get the whole set.

This is what you should focus on - if you have a CC chestpiece that you really like, you'll have to get the rest of the set as well. Some sets have 7 pieces, some only 4 - it varies depending on the set. You'll have to get the rest of the pieces and equip them all on a single character - it will then "unlock" that set in the collections tab, which you can then pay CC (60, 240, or 400 depending on rarity I believe) to globally unlock across all characters.

You'll be able to spawn as many sets of the armor as you like too - make all your companions match! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯