4.0.3 Patch Broke Search by Name Function for a Bunch of Random Items on GTN

Nothing_Shines

I've filed several bug reports but there are so many items at this point that just don't appear when entered into the GTN search field that it made more sense to just post here about the issue. For example, Darth Andeddu's Belt and Savanna Vorantikus are invisible to the search by name, but all other pieces of Andeddu's set and Cyber Vorantikus appear. I know the items are there because I've posted them myself, but no one in chat can find them using any search by name variation, like "savanna" or "Andeddu's." However, a general search with nothing entered in the search field but narrowed to just mounts will show the Vorantikus.

I only discovered this when I was relisting items today that I had compared prices for and posted on Sunday and noticed dozens of them with nothing to compare against. I thought I had suddenly cornered the market on so many armor sets for about five minutes before it occurred to me the search function was borked.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I've noticed that as of a few patches ago, you can no longer search for items which have 2-letter words in them (Fountain of Blood and Fire, for example), which is annoying. As of today, I can't search for certain items which have a colon ( : ) in them. Not sure if it's related, but it seems that every few patches they feel the need to mess with this code (or fat-finger it) and something else breaks. Edited by Furiant