The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please put black dyes back on the CM

Caelrie

The cheapest black/black dye on my server's GTN is up to 18 million credits. The dye is pretty much extinct because it's been so long since they went up for sale.

Please put them on the cartel market again!

I'm not sure I'd say it was that long ago, but with it coming up on Christmas, would be nice to see them again :)

I'm not sure I'd say it was that long ago, but with it coming up on Christmas, would be nice to see them again :)

Yes, because black/black is such a festive combination! Oh, wait, um... But yes, I support this idea. My one trooper could use a black/black to match the one that he got from a cantina-tour crate, so that both he and Elara could go black-black on the Tac Infantry set.

I don't know why Bioware doesn't put this up on the market more often. In a game where a quarter of the players are sith (to say nothing of the agents), you'd think there would be enough demand for them to bring it into rotation more often.

I can understand them not wanting the whole server to look like rejects from The Matrix, but still.

Edited by ZanyaCross

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, we got our wish, and they're FIFTEEN DOLLARS EACH?!

For a dye you get to use ONCE!

Seriously, whoever at Bioware gave the okay on this, I hope a reindeer s***s on your roof this year. :mad:

"Great" xmas gift for sure :( i feel this price is kinda Rude even! it's 1500 Cartel Coins for 1 dye, are you kidding me? is this game dieing so they trying take as much money from us from whatever we like, no matter how small!? I rather pay 18million on the GTN then this insane price.

"Thanks" to you guys in Game Development. . And "Merry Christmas" :jawa_mad:

Edited by DEuZZ

Wow, we got our wish, and they're FIFTEEN DOLLARS EACH?!

For a dye you get to use ONCE!

Seriously, whoever at Bioware gave the okay on this, I hope a reindeer s***s on your roof this year. :mad:

It's more like $10, right? Still a really high price, but just checking my math.

I think there is value in keeping these rare. It'd kind of suck if they were like 400cc and everybody had them on every character for all outfits. (Exaggerating, but you get the point.)

In any case, OP asked for these on the market and the wish was granted (whether it was due to this post or not). OP didn't ask for a specific price. Already on my servers at least, the black/black dye price has come down quite a bit. Probably will come down more as people's CM bound unlocks come off in the next few hours.

So... even if you don't pay real money for the black/black dye, the fact that they are on sale in the CM at any price seems to be helping to push their price down on the GTN. Which means you can more readily buy it for credits now. So, it's a good thing, regardless. :)

I just don't want BW to feel pooped on even when they're doing some things people ask for. Also good to be cognizant of the beneficial effects here, even if the price in CCs is deemed to high to be worth buying overall for most players.

Edited by Mornok

It'd be nice if once you unlock it, you could redeem it in your collections on any character. But I guess that'd be asking for too much :rolleyes:

You mean like GW2... or ESO... or any other MMO that doesn't treat it's customer base like something to leech dry. :D

The entire dye system is extremely poorly designed tbh, and could do with a complete overhaul.

Edited by wolfyde

You mean like GW2... or ESO... or any other MMO that doesn't treat it's customer base like something to leech dry. :D

The entire dye system is extremely poorly designed tbh, and could do with a complete overhaul.

If they did that then all the people that used multiple dyes will probably be in uproar doh.