The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

220 VG Tank Radiant Crystals gear stats issue

gsummers

So I finally had enough radiant crystals, I decided to go and grab one of the 220 VG tank pieces from the crystal vendor. But something seemed off. On the tank pieces specifically, the third stat of shield/absorb was lower than it should be for 220 gear. The shield/absorb stat on every one of those pieces was 151. This is in fact less than the stat on the glowing crystals gear, which is 152.

220 gear should give tertiary stats of 160. I checked the other gear, and sure enough, the DPS and Healer 220 gear all provided critical/accuracy/alacrity of 160. Just the tank gear seemed to be nerfed to 151. Anyone else notice this?

Is this a bug? Or by some weird piece of logic is this actually what is intended?

So I finally had enough radiant crystals, I decided to go and grab one of the 220 VG tank pieces from the crystal vendor. But something seemed off. On the tank pieces specifically, the third stat of shield/absorb was lower than it should be for 220 gear. The shield/absorb stat on every one of those pieces was 151. This is in fact less than the stat on the glowing crystals gear, which is 152.

220 gear should give tertiary stats of 160. I checked the other gear, and sure enough, the DPS and Healer 220 gear all provided critical/accuracy/alacrity of 160. Just the tank gear seemed to be nerfed to 151. Anyone else notice this?

Is this a bug? Or by some weird piece of logic is this actually what is intended?

Crystal gear is notorious for being super bad, especially in the enhancement department.

For DPS classes, you lose out on a lot of Power (compared to token enhancements), but since endurance is sort-of useful for tanks, Bioware went and used the worst possible enhancements of rating 220 for them. In other words, its intended, and the main purpose of it is to teach you to not use crystal gear unless its for the armoring.

But hey, at least the B-mods are useful, what with so much defense lying around that you lose pretty much nothing by downgrading from unlettered mods to B-mods.