Pub On Harbinger

MCaliban

I'm just getting back to the game after a several month long hiatus. I got MX-4X's recruitment quest to do 20 unranked warzones and spent the evening doing just that on my telekinetic/lightning sage.

The Republic lost EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. In most matches, they got smoked. We're talking Imps getting all three nodes on Alderaan and Novare for the entire match. Or the Republic never being able to capture a single pylon in a match.

I admit my own part in this. I made sure to have 2018 expertise before queuing, but I don't have much experience PvPing on my sage. Still, when I was a beginning PVPer who'd leave a WZ with the lowest damage done, the Republic often had wins. The Imps were somewhat better, but not 20 wins in a row better.

What happened here? :rak_02:

Was it just a bad night? Have most of the serious PvPers gone over to Imp?

Pretty much. There are a couple of guilds on the pub side pushing back against the tide, but the numbers aren't pretty. Virtually all the ranked teams are imp side, and reg matches reflect this.

Still, easy matches (or imp v imp) get boring quickly. I frequently play pub side for a challenge.

This is how it goes on pub side. Queue up with a premade of 3 DPS and a healer. When you zone into the WZ check the other 4 players. Any more than 2 scrubs you leave. Also if at the end of the match you see someone that is way under performing write their name down on a list and keep it by your computer. In the current state of the game you can't carry more than two bad players. The DPS required to kill healers is to high, so if over quarter of your team can't deal effective damage its best to save your self the time and frustration, just leave the match and re-queue. Currently this applies to both imp and pub, pub just has a smaller player base so you end up with the same scrubs over and over again.

Havent played in about a month until tonight, played imp side and won 11 or 12 in a row as a two man (Janglor, Kachina). Switched over pub side, so far we've won our first 3 matches. But there are definitely a lot of ****** selfish players pub side, probably got that way from being owned too many times.

I'm just getting back to the game after a several month long hiatus. I got MX-4X's recruitment quest to do 20 unranked warzones and spent the evening doing just that on my telekinetic/lightning sage.

The Republic lost EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. In most matches, they got smoked. We're talking Imps getting all three nodes on Alderaan and Novare for the entire match. Or the Republic never being able to capture a single pylon in a match.

I admit my own part in this. I made sure to have 2018 expertise before queuing, but I don't have much experience PvPing on my sage. Still, when I was a beginning PVPer who'd leave a WZ with the lowest damage done, the Republic often had wins. The Imps were somewhat better, but not 20 wins in a row better.

What happened here? :rak_02:

You need to go to The Ebon Hawk where pubs actually win in pvp. TEH server is the only one that has very established pub pvp guilds to match the imp pvp guilds.

You need to go to The Ebon Hawk where pubs actually win in pvp. TEH server is the only one that has very established pub pvp guilds to match the imp pvp guilds.

Stop trying to steal all of the Harby players! :p And i'd say 95% of the time we (our guild) deal with imps easily.

Bang Imps Dot Com is currently recruiting for more Pub PvPers.

Here's the link to our recruitment thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=852853

Pubs that actually concentrate on PVP do fine if they group together - that's their biggest problem.

PVP on Harbinger for the Republic is definitely...challenging. I highly encourage you to go in with a 3-4 man pre-made though, it makes a difference.

That said, there are so many under geared players on the Republic side that queue it can get really nasty in war zones. I usually inspect every player that's not in my group to see what I'm in for. Depending on the amount of drinks I've had, I'll always stay an entire war zone and deal with it, or leave.

It used to be so much more balanced and competitive back on Jung Ma 2.5+ years ago. What's going on in Harbinger is nutty.

Stop trying to steal all of the Harby players! :p And i'd say 95% of the time we (our guild) deal with imps easily.

Just a question, what if you don't have TS and have no desire to do so(I've had a bad experience with TS, caused by my crap English, English is my second language)? And I don't have any high level characters in Pub side(prolly because I win way less than in imp, highest pub char is lv.30 mando), and I'm assuming you guys only use lv.65 characters for the trial. And to add more, I'm only 17. But I'd say I'm mature, at least in this game, because I don't want to look like an idiot in the internet. I don't blame everything on new players, I guard if nobody else is, I don't speak vulgar language(usually).

Edited by tyonamin

I agree! Any serious pvpers are welcome to check out The Omega Knights pub guild on the harbinger! Keep up the good fight Bang Imps.

Just a question, what if you don't have TS and have no desire to do so...

Due to your lack of desire, we would not be able to start the recruitment process with you. We wish you the best of luck should you chose to join the republic!

I agree! Any serious pvpers are welcome to check out The Omega Knights pub guild on the harbinger! Keep up the good fight Bang Imps.

Likewise Omega Knights!

Over the last week or two, pubs have actually been putting up a damn good fight, and making me actually have to put some effort in...

That said, it's probably because of the recent ban hammer that went through.

I've also noticed a LOT of new names both characters and guilds, on pub side, my guess is many who were banned and rolled instant 60's. And when I say new names, I mean the players who surprised me and made me actually note the names.

Anyway, with the number of *******s on imp lately and very few premades qing up, pub should be a LOT easier, but your premades is still going to have to carry the Ops. Honestly, it's nice to see some decent players on pub again, ALMOST makes me want to Q up over there... but the keyboard warrior raging might still happen.

Oh how times have changed. After the 3.0 hybrid nerf I shelved my Slinger 'Josey' for the most part and have been playing my sin 'Hashashin ' ever since. Now after the recent burst nerf to deception, I dusted the slinger off...wow what a mess the pubs became. Thanks to server transfers no doubt.

I probably will main both classes now and do my part in helping promote better pub pvp. I enjoy competitive matches and not so much about the wins. Comms are easy mode now anyways. Maybe others will do the same since many also switched over to alts long time ago.

Oh how times have changed. After the 3.0 hybrid nerf I shelved my Slinger 'Josey' for the most part and have been playing my sin 'Hashashin ' ever since. Now after the recent burst nerf to deception, I dusted the slinger off...wow what a mess the pubs became. Thanks to server transfers no doubt.

I probably will main both classes now and do my part in helping promote better pub pvp. I enjoy competitive matches and not so much about the wins. Comms are easy mode now anyways. Maybe others will do the same since many also switched over to alts long time ago.

I think I had an arena with you Wednesday night on my sentinel. You and I did fairly well, but we had a 60K health sentinel that managed 29 DPS for the two rounds. Considering they had a sorc healer and we had none, I think we did well to record two kills in the second round and one in the first.