Support Articles Are Moving - Discussion

knowmyname

Hey folks,

We wanted to give you a heads up on some moves that are happening with our support articles such as our Free-to-play FAQ and our Start at 60 support information. As of today, many of these articles can now be found on help.ea.com. Most of them are available in French and German as well.

Between today, and December 17th, we will continue to build up our support articles there, with the ultimate goal of having all of the support articles you would need present and searchable on help.ea.com in English, French and German. Finally, as of December 18th, if you are looking for any Support FAQs or articles you will need to head to that site as your primary destination. We will have migrated all of our support articles to help.ea.com at that time.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Haven't learned have you EA/BW? It's a bad move to move support information from the game forums to company site. You only hurt the community by grouping everything together with a mass of filters (different games).

SWTOR is the last EA game I have purchased. I was hesitant on buying it at the time due to how EA handles smaller gaming developers and companies they buy out. They wreck the gaming community with these general and over simplified solutions. It is not going to get better.

You will see more and more helper threads started on the main SWTOR forums.this is because gamers go to the source material. not the head company for help. Haven't the web designers and community managers noticed this? Oh that's right, they deal in metrics and projected data instead of what is actually happening in the real world. :rolleyes:

It's a waste of time, money, and resources.

I agree. This is a spreadsheet-driven move if I ever saw one. It looks neat on paper, it might even save them some bucks by centralizing support, but it's a hassle for players. Why add another layer of inconvenience to players seeking advice after they naturally come to the game's site?