220 mods

RevenDark

Ok so I have a stack of crystals glowing and radiant, and the highest that my character can craft is 178 I have 190 in my gear from common crystals.

My question after all that is, if i buy gear using my glowing and radiant crystals, can i stop the mod and enhancement out and RE them to that i can make 216/220 item modifications.

Ok so I have a stack of crystals glowing and radiant, and the highest that my character can craft is 178 I have 190 in my gear from common crystals.

My question after all that is, if i buy gear using my glowing and radiant crystals, can i stop the mod and enhancement out and RE them to that i can make 216/220 item modifications.

Yes you can, but as usual (after 4.0, at least) you have only a 60% chance to actually get a schematic. ;)

The main issue is that those require some materials that only drop from Operations... But I guess that was to be expected. :rolleyes:

Yes you can, but as usual (after 4.0, at least) you have only a 60% chance to actually get a schematic. ;)

The main issue is that those require some materials that only drop from Operations... But I guess that was to be expected. :rolleyes:

The other issue is that the items ripped from commendation gear are generally inferior to those in dropped or token gear, and thus it would be a waste of Dark Matter (the material dropped in operations required to craft 216 / 220 modifications) to craft anything other than hilts or barrels learned from crystal gear.

Barrels and hilts ripped from crystal offhands will provide schematics which be be used to craft mainhand barrels and hilts - highly desirable.

Everything else ripped from crystal gear is of dubious to no value as the items are inferior stat wise to dropped and token items (or items crafted from schematics created by reverse engineering dropped or token items).

Edited by DawnAskham

ok so what were saying is that crew skills which make item modifications (except maybe hilt and barrel making) is more or less useless at top levels. The highest mod i can craft is 186 (a 178 REd to purple), but i can buy 190 with gems, which at lvl 60 if you don't have about 54 gems there is something wrong

The other issue is that the items ripped from commendation gear are generally inferior to those in dropped or token gear, and thus it would be a waste of Dark Matter (the material dropped in operations required to craft 216 / 220 modifications) to craft anything other than hilts or barrels learned from crystal gear.

Barrels and hilts ripped from crystal offhands will provide schematics which be be used to craft mainhand barrels and hilts - highly desirable.

Everything else ripped from crystal gear is of dubious to no value as the items are inferior stat wise to dropped and token items (or items crafted from schematics created by reverse engineering dropped or token items).

Actually, the crystal armorings are equal to token drop (stat wise), but they are less valuable since you can get them from the crystal gear directly.