What Gets YOU Excited?

Lunafox

Don't be pervy. :o:p

I get the vibe that most were pretty annoyed and disappointed by the Stream, I know I was because I'm not a fan of HK-55 and I don't want *another* droid companion, or to be the droid.

So, what would have really rocked your world? Here is my list:

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: The ability to customize your companions! (again)

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

As a subscriber: You get an interactive life day puppy!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

Edited by Lunafox

NEW STUFF

Is what gets people excited

With the way companions are now, just a generic theme, new companions are not something to get excited for. You could throw 50 new ones at me I honestly DGAF.

NEW NEW NEW NEW. The downfall of bio ware is there new chapter everyone month is just laughably short.

I see a few clever glib answers, but in all sincerity say what would have excited you? What would have delighted you all to no end? It's easy to be snide (I know) but really what would make you deliriously happy for them to have announced as a reward/announcement?

What would get me excited?

Finding out that my favorite companions are coming back - not necessarily right away but not months and months from now. I don't want or need HK-55 back.

Getting conversations with companions, especially returning ones, that go beyond a line or two.

Meaningful content beyond grinding heroics and star fortresses.

I wasn't actually expecting much in terms of subscriber rewards, but the "everything else" included in the stream and the HK-55 focus was really disappointing.

Edited by Lesaberisa

I see a few clever glib answers, but in all sincerity say what would have excited you? What would have delighted you all to no end? It's easy to be snide (I know) but really what would make you deliriously happy for them to have announced as a reward/announcement?

I was completely cereal.

And serious, for good measure. *nods*

Probably one wish i'll never get.... but there it is.

EDIT:

Ok, attainable stuffs.... hmm... I'm not very demanding, so.... i have to really dig, here.

A mount? Ever since i got my 2 Vectrons, i'm... i'm fine with those, really. So.... something snazzy. Not huge - i hate huge mounts. But it's have to look really sharp. Unfortunately, "sharp-looking" is in the eye of the beholder.

Armor set.... Hmmm... I've been wanting a neat robe-looking thing, something akin to what a bedouin might wear, in white. The Jedi robes just don't have that feel.

Decorations? Meh.

Maybe a SH in Odessan? Meh.... So long as i don't have to buy it. In any way or fashion.

Not sure any of those should really be a sub reward, though. Maybe the SH, but i'm not really into those.

Edited by TikkyLightmaker

as a subscriber, i would have loved to see a veteran subscriber rewards system. and no.. i am not talking about a founder reward system.

I am talking about rewards that you can earn by subscribing for a certain time frame, that will ALWAYS be available.

for example. HK-55 reward is released to anyone subscribing on Jan 11, but also you can obtain the HK-55 reward after subscribing for 60, 90, 120 days.. so on just as an example.

I dont expect the rewards to be retroactive either, although that would be another item of excitement for me.

as a subscriber, i would have loved to see a veteran subscriber rewards system. and no.. i am not talking about a founder reward system.

I am talking about rewards that you can earn by subscribing for a certain time frame, that will ALWAYS be available.

for example. HK-55 reward is released to anyone subscribing on Jan 11, but also you can obtain the HK-55 reward after subscribing for 60, 90, 120 days.. so on just as an example.

I dont expect the rewards to be retroactive either, although that would be another item of excitement for me.

That sounds pretty cool. I can get behind that. :D

Faster speeders (200%);

Larger inventory/cargo hold stacks (999 instead of 99 items);

Further expanded storage space beyond 5 tabs;

New playable races;

Expanded Combat Proficiencies so we have options instead of everyone being almost identical;

Cross-server FP and WZ queueing;

Harder heroics (the option to take on H4 or H2+ versions of the same mission might be unworkable, but it might not);

Extend Legacy Level to 60/65 and actually make it unlock something interesting instead of simply a title);

Enable decoration of ships the same way you can decorate Strongholds.

Odessen Stronghold (or other SH destinations), and an increase in the SH cap from 4.

:ph_danger:

Adding a couple of others rather than making a new post...

Updated GTN to allow purchase of partial stacks of items - A stack of 99 on the GTN, and someone can choose to buy part of the stack or all of it. Might reduce the amount of crap on there a little);

Banned Gold-sellers (I know, not going to happen, but this is a wish-list :p );

Pitch-change on the voice acting dependent on chosen body type (sometimes the grizzled Tom Spackman voice coming from my Type 1 BH really seems wierd).

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar
Adding a couple I forgot before...

Faster speeders (200%);

Larger inventory/cargo hold stacks (999 instead of 99 items);

Further expanded storage space beyond 5 tabs;

New playable races;

Expanded Combat Proficiencies so we have options instead of everyone being almost identical;

Cross-server FP and WZ queueing;

Harder heroics (the option to take on H4 or H2+ versions of the same mission might be unworkable, but it might not);

Extend Legacy Level to 60/65 and actually make it unlock something interesting instead of simply a title);

Enable decoration of ships the same way you can decorate Strongholds.

Odessen Stronghold (or other SH destinations), and an increase in the SH cap from 4.

:ph_danger:

Good stuff, I would love all of this too.

Don't be pervy. :o:p

I get the vibe that most were pretty annoyed and disappointed by the Stream, I know I was because I'm not a fan of HK-55 and I don't want *another* droid companion, or to be the droid.

So, what would have really rocked your world? Here is my list:

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: The ability to customize your companions! (again)

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

As a subscriber: You get an interactive life day puppy!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

Luna,

I love your ideas and any one of them would be better than getting a gold version of another HK droid.

The SH on Odessen was one I was already hoping for myself. It is time for a new SH and it fits in with the story as well. That would have been perfect!

No, I got it when they released the Black Red CM Pack Version. And they also released my Dark Green and Red dye so I'm pretty content.

Well okay then :D I just figured that Black/Red wasn't red enough. I guess I want a pure one, like a deep crimson, like in the red/black, but...all over. :o

Speak for yourself! I'm excited HK-55 is returning! I hate HK-51. He doesn't say "meatbag". Also he's not very easy to obtain in fact they've made getting HK-51 nearly impossible. I'm not certain how it works as to how you are suppose to get certain HK parts that are only available on Dromund Kaas/Corasaunt this makes it more difficult as I don't have a legacy bank or whatever to send it to each and you use to be able add your alt as a friend and mail it. Too much work honestly to get HK-51 so a lot of people don't have him.

One thing I'd like to see them change is the whole thing with Revan's outfit. As a Revan fan I been working my butt off trying to get the entire outfit which prices for some parts of the outfit have been outrageously priced due to greediness and while that's not Bioware's fault I would like for them to bring that back for anyone who missed it.

Luna,

I love your ideas and any one of them would be better than getting a gold version of another HK droid.

The SH on Odessen was one I was already hoping for myself. It is time for a new SH and it fits in with the story as well. That would have been perfect!

Thank you! :o I think people just want something new. Recolours of droids and pets and ships just isn't exciting anymore. Had they given us more stronghold slots and new ones, that would have been pretty fun. Seeing a list like upcoming strongholds: Odessen, Manaan, Rishi...or Rakata, that was developed after Revan and the primatives were driven off that prime real estate.

To be honest, I'm really not interested in yet another droid companion or any companion for that matter atm. Problem with spamming companions on us in rapid succession only means you have less time to develop them; consequently they become generic, interchangeable tools as opposed to the unique complimentary experience they were pre 4.0.

A wiser approach may have been a veteran reward system which increases monthly Cartel Coin grant for subcribers/founders; possibly one that is retroactive. This was mentioned elsewhere a number of days ago and I thought was an excellent idea. A good way for BW to not only show their appreciation for old timers but also a practical means to possibly mitigate the subscriber yo-yo effect. More cartel coins in players pockets is something everyone can appreciate I think.

To be honest, I'm really not interested in yet another droid companion or any companion for that matter atm. Problem with spamming companions on us in rapid succession only means you have less time to develop them; consequently they become generic, interchangeable tools as opposed to the unique complimentary experience they were pre 4.0.
Exactly. They're almost a Sims minigame now.