Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Returning scrub wanting to figure out inquisitor/sorcerer...

Neisan

I have found a lot of stuff that seems to be from like 2011 or 2012 and everything has changed. I was looking for rotation for dps and which spec is the best for dps? Currently using lightning as the spec at level 32. Not sure if I should switch or what. Some solid advice would be appreciated.

I have looked on Noxxic but I know it is wrong for WoW not sure about SWtOR. Plus I am only level 32 and the guide seems to be set for end game not leveling.

Not sure if there are trolls here..but feel free to troll I relish in it.

There is no guide written for non-endgame as rotation changes as you gain new talents and passives. In leveling you can get by using a core abilities any which way. Reading the passive can guide you. Also, Noxxic was never updated for 3.0 so it's way way out of date from 4.0. Dulfy is your best bet.

Edit: Didn't read last part

Edited by FerkWork

With Lightning, you will be able to walk through most of the game like so (with a healer companion):

Chain Lightning, to Force Storm, to (Instant) Chain Lightning. Repeat Force Storm until you get your next Chain Lightning, and there you go.

For Elites, you can do the same thing and survive most times - but you'd be better off using Crushing Darkness, to Thundering Blast and letting your procs tell you what to do from there (Thundering Blast on cooldown, of course). Lightning Strike/Lightning Bolt will be your filler attack on single targets, whereas Force Storm will be your go to on groups.

Edited by TitusOfTides

Is there a companion that can heal better than the others?

I'm not aware of one, but there are a couple things you can do to increase their healing.

1) Grab the Skillful utity that increases your healing received by 10%. This will also increase your self heals, which is really nice.

2) Increase their companion influence by doing missions or giving them gifts. This will greatly improve your favorite companion's healing.

With Lightning, you will be able to walk through most of the game like so (with a healer companion):

Chain Lightning, to Force Storm, to (Instant) Chain Lightning. Repeat Force Storm until you get your next Chain Lightning, and there you go.

For Elites, you can do the same thing and survive most times - but you'd be better off using Crushing Darkness, to Thundering Blast and letting your procs tell you what to do from there (Thundering Blast on cooldown, of course). Lightning Strike/Lightning Bolt will be your filler attack on single targets, whereas Force Storm will be your go to on groups.

This helped a lot, I was having no problems at all killing lots of stuff pretty fast and not losing hardly any health thanks to switching companion over to healing.

I'm not aware of one, but there are a couple things you can do to increase their healing.

1) Grab the Skillful utity that increases your healing received by 10%. This will also increase your self heals, which is really nice.

2) Increase their companion influence by doing missions or giving them gifts. This will greatly improve your favorite companion's healing.

Thanks for the information, I believe Kel is around 10 now. He is easy as long as you always choose torture or killing NPCS. lol

LOL this is my first class and I was healing with it until I saw how long it was taking to level, switched to DPS. That was back when the game first released though. I managed to get to level 31 though and felt weak because I felt like I needed my companion to do anything at all. You start out feeling epic and all but then after getting your companion I felt like a sissy without my companion. I have a lot of orange gear on my character too, not sure where or how I got it, but even the stuff I have gotten from rewards haven't compared to it yet. except the lightsaber I got last night from story and it was slightly better in a couple of stats. However, pulled some of my mods out of my old saber and put in my new one making it a lot more powerful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.