Kaliyo / Corso weapon mismatch

miburec

Both Kaliyo aswell as Corso were able to use either rifles or pistols prior to 4.0 but their animations in cutscenes/conversations are matched for a specific weapon. In Kaliyos case its a pistol, while Corso clearly uses a rifle. If equipped with the "wrong" type of weapon (i.e. Corso using a pistol or Kaliyo using a rifle), they still use that animation but with heir hands empty.

I just waited for Kaliyo yelling "bang" while she pointed her empty hand at Watcher X

After 4.0 those companions are restricted to a single type of weapon, BUT for whatever reason it is the wrong one. Corso can only use pistols, while Calio is forced to use Rifles - leading to both pointing their empty hands at NPCs in cutscenes/conversations.

They had tried to restrict Corso with rifles at some point...but then someone realized that there's Torchy.

So now he can't equip his own prototype blaster rifle from Belsavis instead. And that rifle he has on him all the time during the prologue, before the joining? Must be just for show. That, or he forgets how to use it. :rak_04:

Most of the times it also means the bugged 'empty hands' animation in scenes, but I think I've seen the 'blaster' version couple of times.

Both Kaliyo aswell as Corso were able to use either rifles or pistols prior to 4.0 but their animations in cutscenes/conversations are matched for a specific weapon. In Kaliyos case its a pistol, while Corso clearly uses a rifle. If equipped with the "wrong" type of weapon (i.e. Corso using a pistol or Kaliyo using a rifle), they still use that animation but with heir hands empty.

I just waited for Kaliyo yelling "bang" while she pointed her empty hand at Watcher X

After 4.0 those companions are restricted to a single type of weapon, BUT for whatever reason it is the wrong one. Corso can only use pistols, while Calio is forced to use Rifles - leading to both pointing their empty hands at NPCs in cutscenes/conversations.

Those aren't even the only Comps with that problem... :rolleyes:

There's a cutscene in particular where this is quite eyecathing. I'm talking of KotFE, Chapter II.

Yuun. Used to wield a Techstaff, now changed into Techblade only. He holds it like he would a Techstaff, however, which looks weird.

Aric Jorgan. From Cannon to Rifle, but still with the Cannon pose, same as above.

SCORPIO has some weird animations too... She used to wield a Techstaff before by default, but now she uses a Rifle. In cutscenes she still acts like she has a melee weapon. Especially in that one I mentioned above.

And the list goes on... :D

I guess the weapons changes were thought of after those new cutscenes were done, so instead of doing things appropriately they just threw that thing in. Of course, 1-60 content would require a titanic amount of work to "fix" it accordingly to the changes, so I can understand that. But still... At times it gives me a good laugh. :p

Of course, 1-60 content would require a titanic amount of work to "fix" it accordingly to the changes

Or (may be) there's just no need to fix things that are not broken? Like how about thinking twice before 'unifying' those old multiple fully-customizable characters with the new 'dummies'? And it's not an insult to the new characters, don't get me wrong, I find some of them rather enjoyable. It's just a plain fact. Those new chars don't have wearable armors, they have just a 'whole' body model, same as wookie or droid. The only weapon that shows up in cut-scenes even if you change it (like Lana's favorite saber color).

Looks like they had some coding issues with the multiple weapon types. Or that was just merely a matter of expenses\profit. Which is entirely possible - it's a free expansion, after all, and they simply preferred quantity& simplicity over quality. Old companions, however, had to be hammered into the new system.

They say that it's theoretically possible to get our weapon specs back, but with no ETA.

Or (may be) there's just no need to fix things that are not broken? Like how about thinking twice before 'unifying' those old multiple fully-customizable characters with the new 'dummies'? And it's not an insult to the new characters, don't get me wrong, I find some of them rather enjoyable. It's just a plain fact. Those new chars don't have wearable armors, they have just a 'whole' body model, same as wookie or droid. The only weapon that shows up in cut-scenes even if you change it (like Lana's favorite saber color).

Looks like they had some coding issues with the multiple weapon types. Or that was just merely a matter of expenses\profit. Which is entirely possible - it's a free expansion, after all, and they simply preferred quantity& simplicity over quality. Old companions, however, had to be hammered into the new system.

They say that it's theoretically possible to get our weapon specs back, but with no ETA.

The "Fix" I was speaking of was just the fact that at times in cutscenes Comps behave like they did when they were capable of wielding their old weapons, while they can't. Which may be weird to see. Nothing else. :)

I'm fine if things stay as they are tbh, it's no biggie. As I said, it makes me laugh at times. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast