Been away for two expansions. What's important?

mavsynchroid

Heyo. This is a question more for people who are bored right now and just surfing the forums. I'm currently at work so i can't investigate myself.

Anyway, the last expansion i played was the hutt one. Since then, has anything changed so much in the game that it's something i should be aware of immediately when returning? I know the question is vague. Maybe something to do with currency or gear? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The specializations changed. Each class has 3 disciplines (akin to the trees we had) which gain abilities as you level. For example, only annihilation marauder get access to rupture and deadly saber and only immortal juggernauts are specialized tanks. That is to say, hybrids are no longer possible. And all disciplines of a given class share a same pool of talents called "utilities".

If you are familiar with world of warcraft, this is basically the same thing as what there is in this game since mists of pandaria.

Edited by lpsmash

Well, if you want to experience the story since you left (and assuming you finished off Makeb) the order is basically this:

Rishi

Yavin

Ziost

Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapters 1 through 9

Pretty sure I got them all...

Companions are very different now. Any companion can play any role and influence (formerly affection) goes a lot higher than it used to. Before 4.0, it capped out at 10k, now the cap is 250k and rank 50. You can reach rank 10-20 pretty easily through rank 1 green gifts, though. You can also buy them with comms (blue/purple rank 5 and then rank 6). Each rank gives your comp more health and makes them a little bit stronger. Their efficiency and crit chance also goes up.

We also have an appearance designer, where you can "stamp" pieces of an outfit to appear visually but not affect any of your statted gear.

If you run the heroics, each one will net you two blue (I believe?) pieces of gear, including earpieces and implants for your level. Save up your common crystals (aka basic comms, the names changed but they are still the same) for 208 gear for when you hit 65 as those pieces add up in price quickly!

There is also what the game calls "level sync" which puts you approximately one or two levels above the level of the planet you are on. You still have all your abilities and such, but your heath pool goes down. Still easy to run those planets, you just have to be a little careful and you can't roflstomp things as easily when you were a 60 on coruscant, lol.

Someone else can probably explain these things better, but this is just a quick post that'll hopefully help you out some.

Edited by blindxsecrets

All flashpoints are considered tacticals now (meaning you don't *need* the holy trinity) and they are no longer gated by level. You can queue from 10 to 65 for those. HM FPs are 50-65. You can start running Ops by 50 and the groupfinder for that changes everyday now. :)

Datacrons are also legacy wide!

Edited by blindxsecrets

Well, if you want to experience the story since you left (and assuming you finished off Makeb) the order is basically this:

Rishi

Yavin

Ziost

Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapters 1 through 9

Pretty sure I got them all...

Companions are very different now. Any companion can play any role and influence (formerly affection) goes a lot higher than it used to. Before 4.0, it capped out at 10k, now the cap is 250k and rank 50. You can reach rank 10-20 pretty easily through rank 1 green gifts, though. You can also buy them with comms (blue/purple rank 5 and then rank 6). Each rank gives your comp more health and makes them a little bit stronger. Their efficiency and crit chance also goes up.

We also have an appearance designer, where you can "stamp" pieces of an outfit to appear visually but not affect any of your statted gear.

If you run the heroics, each one will net you two blue (I believe?) pieces of gear, including earpieces and implants for your level. Save up your common crystals (aka basic comms, the names changed but they are still the same) for 208 gear for when you hit 65 as those pieces add up in price quickly!

There is also what the game calls "level sync" which puts you approximately one or two levels above the level of the planet you are on. You still have all your abilities and such, but your heath pool goes down. Still easy to run those planets, you just have to be a little careful and you can't roflstomp things as easily when you were a 60 on coruscant, lol.

Someone else can probably explain these things better, but this is just a quick post that'll hopefully help you out some.

Technically, it would be:

Makeb (w/ Scum and Villainy)

CZ-198 (Titans of Industry)

Oricon (w/ Dread Fortress and Dread Palace)

Rishi

Yavin

Ziost (w/ Temple of Sacrifice)

Edited by Calinaph