If you are going to force us into PVP

Nommaz

Stop complaining, most of us have already completed the PvP comp missions, yes, even those of us on PvE servers. You can buckle down and do it too....or no comp. Your choice.

Now if you got them to change this before everyone put time into it (and are now asking the game be changed just for you....) you might have had a point.

WoW Chibi, you like to pvp both in game and on the forums like back in swg. XD like how you pvp BH vs Jedi in good old swg. I was there also when you had to retrieve your corpse. I started off on Talus and probably spent most of my swg time on Talus or Dantooine. Looking at old pictures hard to believe I actually though the graphics were awesome.

Edited by Knockerz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it though? at this time, you have to complete an alert from an alert giver, before you could get the next alert from them. so... if, no when the next companion from that alert giver becomes recruit-able? you would have to finish this pvp recruitment if you want that next companion's mission.

so if you mean optional in a way that playing video games at all is optional? sure. but if you mean optional as in - doesn't gate any other content behind it? not so much at least not right now.

Yep, still completely optional because even if it gates another companion (which is still pure speculation) that companion is also completely optional.

For a companion, the least you could do is balance it...
no one is forcing you to do anything?

Last I saw I was on a PVE server so I should not have to PVP for any mission.
does this mean on pvp servers, players should drop 224 operations loot?

Still completely optional
Well it might be gating something in the future so you almost have to do them if you want anything later on from that chain...

no one is forcing you to do anything?

does this mean on pvp servers, players should drop 224 operations loot?

You're a special kinda stupid aren't you :confused: Edited by Legolose

1. Enter WZ
  2. run 10 m to avoid being kicked
  3. take a dump, watch tv, drink, sleep, cry on forums
  4. rince and repeat untill completed numbers of WZs required

Entering a WZ isn't really any effort or an experience that will leave you marked for life...:rolleyes:

Edited by LoverNoFighter

In all the games I've every played I've never heard of so many people scared to death to pvp as in SWTOR, there's no penalty, no loss, nothing, stop being so afraid and try something different, half of all PVPers are terrible whether they've started today or in beta, either way.

I personally prefer solo PVE and PVP, yet I've been "forced" to do group stuff hundreds of times for content that I've wanted.

¨

Last I saw I was on General Chat and not on " entitled people complain about everything" section so I should not have to listen how entitled selfish people complain about everything.

Last I saw a group of pvp'ers were campaigning on the forums to keep things as they are so they can have padded stats and artificially inflated metrics to keep their dying part of the game relevant.

Last I saw a group of pvp'ers were campaigning on the forums to keep things as they are so they can have padded stats and artificially inflated metrics to keep their dying part of the game relevant.

Making things up? Most PVPers are aggravated at PVE players entering WZs and just sitting there, not contributing. There may be some outliers, but they're hardly representative.

Last i checked you are not forced to get any companions whatsoever. Skip it like I did on half of my toons i took trough kotfe story. It is all side quest stuff and will not prevent you from moving on story chapters.

Thats like saying "you force me to ranked to nexu mount" *chuckle*

Last i checked you are not forced to get any companions whatsoever. Skip it like I did on half of my toons i took trough kotfe story. It is all side quest stuff and will not prevent you from moving on story chapters.

You have no valid point because you ignore the facts. If this 20 match quots is not met access is lost for any future companion missions from the questgiver. Lolol chuckle guffaw hurdur

I'm talking about the forum campaign to keep this crap as it is. Read?

Yes, I do. I've read all of that and I'll again state that you're making things up to fit your own narrative. PVPers like new players in the warzones, but not at the cost of just sitting there doing nothing. That's basically the same as being griefed, and nobody likes that.

Are you saying you can get a nexu mount? That would be incentive to play pvp and get good, at least good enough lol

You have no valid point because you ignore the facts. If this 20 match quots is not met access is lost for any future companion missions from the questgiver. Lolol chuckle guffaw hurdur

Oh? Has that been explicitly stated? Please link me to the Bioware quote saying that failure to get Pierce/4X will result in an inability to progress the Alliance.

I half ways agree With you.

We are not at all forced to get M1-4X, however "everyone wants him" and the most likely reason that it has a pvp requiremnet is becuse of the lvl 60 token. this will "prevent" many ffrom being introduced to pvp at earlier stages.

However NOT getting M1-4X CAN possibly "Lock up" future features.

This the Logic behind that statement.

Look at the list of Companions, M1-4X coms as an "alert", and it is logical that these will unlock others.

Also you have Companions labeled unavailable ( not needing to be there at all unless for a future purpose)

So there is not real way of know if this "mission" granted Companion will later be a requiremnet to unlock another.

Quzen Fezz is such an example........he "unlocks" another Companion

( from what I understand the unlocked Companion also has his missions to be recruted and I heard, but again I haven't gotten Fezz , so I am not sure, but it appeared this "unlocked" Companion following after Fezz was availiable only duing certain "global" events.......like the rak plague etc.

Becuse we do not know, "not taking him" is a potiensially very bad option.

it is to partisipate in 20 matches........god do 3 a day, and you have him in a week.

I HATE pvp...or to more precise...HATE does not adequately describe my dislike to PVP, I still "secured" M1-4X Just in case, and to my surprise it took less then the 20 rounds.

ALSO iff you pvp some pre lvl 60 then you may be Lucky and Reach valor 40, I have no how high that is really, but it don't seem to high as I am the hater above haters and I am Close to 30

Yes, I do. I've read all of that and I'll again state that you're making things up to fit your own narrative. PVPers like new players in the warzones, but not at the cost of just sitting there doing nothing. That's basically the same as being griefed, and nobody likes that.

Not on the forums. In game and in gen chat I'd agree with you. The threads about this issue have the same small number of trolls who don't want this changed in any way.

Read.

They haven't stated this to be the case with PVP companions, only with PVE. hurrdurrchucklerofl

Are you saying you can get a nexu mount? That would be incentive to play pvp and get good, at least good enough lol

One of the ranked season rewards was Nexu mount yes.

Oh? Has that been explicitly stated? Please link me to the Bioware quote saying that failure to get Pierce/4X will result in an inability to progress the Alliance.

You can check the dev tracker. Musco himself said in another thread-- in apost that's been copied in this thread (if memory serves) as well that not completing the 20 match companion quest may result in preventing you from getting further companion missions from the questgiver.

Read.