Buffs not working?

Neo_Psy

I noticed today on my new agent that the +5% crit buff does not seem to change anything in my stats. I looked through the list of stats on my character, and all the % seem to remain the same. Same also goes for the legacy buff from the sith warrior. But the bounty hunter endurance legacy buff which the agent gets does work, my health increases when used.

Is it a known bug for the agent and warrior buff to sometimes not work?

I have not had any issues with this but it sounds like it could be a UI bug more than anything. I imagine your bonus is being applied but due to a bug you cant see the crit improvement on your character window. A recent update probably could have messed this up but that may not even be your problem.

You could always try repairing your launcher and that may fix something.

Crit chance doesn't change. Buff increases amount of critical rating by 5%.

Wrong, wrong and wrong!

The buff does not affect critical rating stat in any way. It adds +5% to critical chance. READ THE TOOLTIP!!!

As in, if you have 20% crit chance unbuffed, you'd have 25% buffed.

It does not require you to even have any critical rating stat on your gear.

And furthermore your whole comment is self-contradictory. It would be completely impossible to increase critical rating without changing critical chance, as critical rating adds to your critical chance.

If you don't know the answer then don't answer. Don't just make stuff up that has no basis in reality.

To OP:

Which part of the character window are you looking?

If you hold mouse over the word "critical" in upper left part of the character window, that just shows how much crit is gained from critical rating stat on the gear. Does not show what you gain from buffs.

If you look at the lower part of character window (and select the correct attack type from the dropdown menu) and hold mouse over the "critical" there, it shows your total critical chance percentage including everything that adds crit to you, not just critical rating stat.

To OP:

Which part of the character window are you looking?

If you hold mouse over the word "critical" in upper left part of the character window, that just shows how much crit is gained from critical rating stat on the gear. Does not show what you gain from buffs.

If you look at the lower part of character window (and select the correct attack type from the dropdown menu) and hold mouse over the "critical" there, it shows your total critical chance percentage including everything that adds crit to you, not just critical rating stat.

Yeah you're correct ofc. Stupid mistake on my part. I see the buff is actually doing something now. I was looking at the gear stats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.