If I delete a character, how long until the name can be reused?

justicepie

Saving names is a bit annoying.

But a delay, especially a random delay, is terrible if you are making a character and then immediately want to remake it (i.e. change something to do with the customization). I started a character, decided it wasn't quite how I wanted it to look, so delete and remake. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was forced to pick a new name (and possibly miss out on a favoured name) for that reason...

Saving names is a bit annoying.

But a delay, especially a random delay, is terrible if you are making a character and then immediately want to remake it (i.e. change something to do with the customization). I started a character, decided it wasn't quite how I wanted it to look, so delete and remake. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was forced to pick a new name (and possibly miss out on a favoured name) for that reason...

Truth!

Done this plenty of times and decided to change the hair style or sex after making a character.

And you can have the same name on different servers, which always baffled me.

I know this is fairly common, but I don't get what happens when you try to move server or your server gets folded and merged with another. What if someone on the "bigger" server have someone with your name. Are you just SOL?

I wouldnt mind seeing multiple characters on the same server with the same name.

All they would have to do is make the Legacy name count toward your naming.

How many people would have the same FIRST and LAST name?

I think the Legacy name is game wide isnt it?

It is instant if you delete the character from your account and re-create it with the same name straight after.

I am more interested in the delay between deleting it from one account (a friend who reserved your name) and then being able to create that same named character on a second account.