Going Back - Before KotFE

SkybladeDarkstar

So, I still have yet to take any character through Knights of the Fallen Empire. As much as I want to experience the story, I really hate the idea of being locked out from all the previous content. I still have some quests undone, achievements left to get, etcetera.

I've heard that going to KotFE will lock you out from previous content. This includes getting rid of all your previous companions (and blocking off ship dialogue choices you may have with them), and locking you from previous quests (like Heroics or Weeklies on other planets).

Can I get some sort of a rundown on what exactly I can or cannot do from the old galaxy once I start KotFE?

The only thing you get locked out from is the 1-50 class story, and the companion stories, which will all open up based on where you are on the class story now, instead of based on their "Affection" with you.

So, past planetary stories and quests are still available? What about past fleet quests (like the speeder quests)?

As far as I can tell they're all still available. Also, only the character(s) that start the KOTFE storyline are locked out.

What about quests we're working on when we start KotFE? I'm currently within one boss of getting my Aratech Coral, and one Op of getting my Aratech Nightscythe. Will those be dropped from my quest log?

This has been my problem with KotFE from the very beginning. "Come explore the new galaxy". With no information at all about what happens to the old galaxy. I LIKED the old galaxy. I still have a lot I want to do there.

As far as I can tell they're all still available. Also, only the character(s) that start the KOTFE storyline are locked out.

This. From what I can tell, this is the content that is locked:

1-50 class story.

Companion conversations and quests.

Rishi class mission

Everything else is still available. Flashpoints, planet stories, side missions, heroics (of course), operations. Illum and Oricon are still available

I am unsure on some of the other post-50 content. Makeb,Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan and Ziost are probably locked out, but I cannot confirm that either way, as I don't have a character who hasn't done those anymore. Makeb may not be, but I suspect FA/SoR and Ziost will be, as they're main story and it's assumed you've done all of those before starting KoTFE. It wouldn't make much sense to 'reuinte' with Lana and Theron in KoTFE if you haven't met them before in FA.

What about quests we're working on when we start KotFE? I'm currently within one boss of getting my Aratech Coral, and one Op of getting my Aratech Nightscythe. Will those be dropped from my quest log?

This has been my problem with KotFE from the very beginning. "Come explore the new galaxy". With no information at all about what happens to the old galaxy. I LIKED the old galaxy. I still have a lot I want to do there.

But there has been information. KotFE locks you out of the class quests, which includes the two expansion pack main stories and from your companion stories. The pop-up even says this when you go to launch KotFE. You can still queue for operations and flashpoints while doing the new content. You can exit back to the fleet at any time.

Aratech coral quest remains in your log because it is not a class quest. I know, because I also have it partially completed on one of my characters, post KoTFE.

Aratech coral quest remains in your log because it is not a class quest. I know, because I also have it partially completed on one of my characters, post KoTFE.

Ugh, I still have the Illum starter than can't even be deleted on all my characters who went through KotFE :/

Edited by AngFour

Well, that's great.

I just found out that somewhere along the line of installing KotFE, they reset my progress on it. So I have to start all over.

Well, that's great.

I just found out that somewhere along the line of installing KotFE, they reset my progress on it. So I have to start all over.

From the 4.0 patch notes:

"Note: Due to the number and type of changes made, a majority of existing missions will be automatically reset to their starting step when this update goes live."

From the 4.0 patch notes:

"Note: Due to the number and type of changes made, a majority of existing missions will be automatically reset to their starting step when this update goes live."

I didn't think this would include some of the longest, hardest, and most annoying quests in the game.

I'd worked on those quests for over six months. :(