Group finder beyond exploitable

Warlocc

One group currently has the group finder locked down right now, by just one person.

The same three names continue to pop up as the group I'm matched to- one of those three names continues to decline the group finder. So the rest of us are stuck having this popup immediately close, without ever matching up to a group.

Shouldn't a person that declines EVERY TIME be locked out of the group finder?

One group currently has the group finder locked down right now, by just one person.

The same three names continue to pop up as the group I'm matched to- one of those three names continues to decline the group finder. So the rest of us are stuck having this popup immediately close, without ever matching up to a group.

Shouldn't a person that declines EVERY TIME be locked out of the group finder?

Yes, and then they should be keelhauled.

I take it this is the TFP que?

He will get bored of it, or realize that he isn't going to get the group he wants.

What he is likely doing is declining invitations to groups with he doesn't want to be in because they don't have a healer or a tank, or enough level 65 people he is manipulating the que priority system to try to stack his odds of being on a team that can complete the run.

If you catch his name and it doesn't showcase his capacity for original thinking and creativity with a plethora of accent letters, you can ignore him and not be offered a team with him by the matchmaker system.

It's not hyperbole if it is true, sadly.

When I queue a tactical, I often get grouped with a plethora of low levels and no healer. Now, I don't mind new players, it's not that I'm such a vet myself, and I embrace trying to help them enjoy the game. But even with the bolster they lack a significant amount of necessary abilities, and that coupled with inexperience makes things even harder. Add to it the lack of a healer, and you're in for a fun ride (not). I have had far more tacticals break up than HMs, that is a fact. 90% of those have been due to lack of a healer.

When I queue an HM, I get a group of lvl 65s and a healer (I'm the tank). With players of comparable skill levels, that alone is enough to make it easier.

Enforce group roles in tacticals, and we're golden. People will then stop trying to game the group finder to get a "good" group.

Edited by Celeryherring

It's not hyperbole if it is true, sadly.

Then is it only true for you that tacs are harder than HMs.

When I queue a tactical, I often get grouped with a plethora of low levels and no healer. Now, I don't mind new players, it's not that I'm such a vet myself, and I embrace trying to help them enjoy the game. But even with the bolster they lack a significant amount of necessary skills, and that coupled with inexperience makes things even harder. Add to it the lack of a healer, and you're in for a fun ride (not).

I'm not going to dispute that occasionally I find myself in a group with 1 or or 2 newbies who don't know and won't listen, but it hardly rises to the level of making tacs harder than HMs.

Enforce group roles in tacticals, and we're golden.

If the numbers roll in and showing poor results, they might decide to re-vamp the tactical system somehow. But they are not going to scrap it entirely (which is what requiring a traditional group would do).

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's not far off the mark.

I tank a HM a day, and they have been much smoother running than most of the tacts I've attempted.

I bet you run HMs in GF with a pre-made group of friends/guildies. 4.0 did not magically make PUGging HMs a walk in the park.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I bet you run HMs in GF with a pre-made group of friends/guildies. 4.0 did not magically make PUGging HMs a walk in the park.

It didn't make them a walk in the park, but the gap between the 2 became much closer.

And I do often take a healer friend in with me, but play the lottery with the derpers.