Security key question (solved)

JessieLoverRxE

I can't access the app, because well...phone issues.

If I click I 'lost it' , am sent the one-time password trough e-mail, then remove it, will I be able to easily set it back again?

I already tried installing the app on another phone, but it asks for a serial number and when I try to access my account, swtor asks me to 'log in' again...which I can't do since ..yeah, security key is on the android lol.

Edited by JessieLoverRxE

If I remember correctly from when I switched from iPhone to Android and had to install a new app rather than from the backup from earlier phone switches from iPhone to iPhone, the 1-time password was enough to get me into my account so I could unhook the old app and set up the new one.

I think the serial number is something you'll get in the process of setting up the new app.

It's been a while since I did this so my memories are a bit hazy. Use at your own risk.

Remove the key from your account (you will be sent the one time password).

Install the app on your new device.

Then add the key to your account again, it will display the serial number you need.

EDIT: I just did this less than a week ago because my app just stopped producing numbers the game would accept.

Edited by Robocles

I saw somewhere that if you have the security key linked to your account that you get 600 cartel tokens a month instead of 500. I have had a security key linked to my account for 2 years now and have never got more than 500 tokens. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

I saw somewhere that if you have the security key linked to your account that you get 600 cartel tokens a month instead of 500. I have had a security key linked to my account for 2 years now and have never got more than 500 tokens. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

You don't get them at the same time. You get your 500 CC grant when your sub renews itself every month. Your Security Key grant is granted every month on the day THAT was activated. If they weren't activated at the same time, that is, which a lot of them probably haven't been.

500 is a noticeable number, whereas 100 (especially when you might have thousands of CC's saved up) really isn't. You can check your account (on this site) and it'll show you all of your Cartel Coin usage (bought, spent, earned in game, etc.) You can check there to see if you actually are getting your 100 grant :)

Hope that helps!