I would love to see Heroic missions be slightly more difficult

MrNihulus

So I understand that the devs want to add in more solo content for casual players, although I disagree on how some of the heroics are changed, I feel like most of the heroics are a little too easy to solo. I do not want the heroics to have anti-solo mechanics like the one on makeb (the one with the gas traps), but I want them to test the players skill or encourage them to bring a friend along.

What I was thinking was increasing the overall damage of heroic mobs, the champions will have more stronger attacks and companion effectiveness will decreased when entering a heroic area. While it is still possible to solo most of the heroics, it will require players to use more abilities and this will encourage players to be grouped up to complete the heroics.

I feel like this could help bring back more of the co-op elements when leveling and give end-game players an increased challenge when doing alliance missions.

Let me know if you agree or disagree.

So I understand that the devs want to add in more solo content for casual players, although I disagree on how some of the heroics are changed, I feel like most of the heroics are a little too easy to solo. I do not want the heroics to have anti-solo mechanics like the one on makeb (the one with the gas traps), but I want them to test the players skill or encourage them to bring a friend along.

What I was thinking was increasing the overall damage of heroic mobs, the champions will have more stronger attacks and companion effectiveness will decreased when entering a heroic area. While it is still possible to solo most of the heroics, it will require players to use more abilities and this will encourage players to be grouped up to complete the heroics.

I feel like this could help bring back more of the co-op elements when leveling and give end-game players an increased challenge when doing alliance missions.

I would like to see all content in game moved up to standard/normal setting that you find in a single player game.

But will not happen

EA has been dumbing this game down every time

think about it

Heroics (mobs removed for faster completion)

Flashpoints (mobs removed)

companions, greatly increased in power few times now

Makeb, spawns greatly reduced for easier completion

list goes on and on and on of dumbing down done to this game

So while I agree tougher more interesting combat and fights would be nice

We never going to see it happen as EA seems to beleive the lie that the player base wants as little push back as humanly possible

This game has always been the easiest MMORPG in genre history

and that was at release

The game today is signifigantly easier and mor emindless then it was at origianl release.

We all play for different reasons. You obviously play to "grind," and seem to advocate making all content take longer.

Taking longer does NOT make content fun. Likewise, taking more damage does not make things challenging.

If I'm forced to grind heroics for required alliance boxes, I'm not doing them for fun of challenge, I'm trying to knock them out as fast as possible so I can do something that I enjoy. Please don't try to prolong that process by injecting more needless grind.

This is Bioware. There is no such thing as "slight" changes, only extreme ones. The whole companion nerf fiasco is a perfect example of how they work. "Slight" changes for Bioware would be adjusting that heroic from a 5 minute solo adventure into a 1/2 hr fight for your life. No thanks.

Edited by LadyVix

I disagree as this would defy the point of the companion re-balance. Some are hard enough as it is and the others being easy just give people a chance to quickly get through some get some rewards.

Even with the current state of companions, some take plenty long enough and are more than enough of a challenge, of course all depending on influence levels.

We all play for different reasons.

No, we all play for one reason: to have fun. What's different is our definitions of "fun."

If I'm forced to grind heroics for required alliance boxes

Good thing you're not being forced, then.

I'm not doing them for fun of challenge, I'm trying to knock them out as fast as possible so I can do something that I enjoy.

You obviously do enjoy (for whatever reason, maybe the end goal, maybe what lies beyond) doing the heroics for the boxes. If you did not, you would not do them. No one plays a game, or any part of a game, that they do not enjoy, on some level and for one reason or another. Example, there is nothing about PvP, not the activity itself, not the titles, not the swag, that I enjoy enough to get me to PvP. Thus, I do not PvP.

We all play for different reasons. You obviously play to "grind," and seem to advocate making all content take longer.

Taking longer does NOT make content fun. Likewise, taking more damage does not make things challenging.

I do not want the Heroic missions be more time consuming, I want them just to give players a more better challenge, It would be like the daily missions on oricon during it's early release. The alliance system is already a "grind" I just think they should at least make it a more rewarding one instead of just having to face-roll through mobs with a healer companion.

I would personally love to see some solo content that is actually hard. Solo content does not always have to be easy, contrary to popular belief.

I want something that:

A) Forces me to be extremely proficient at playing my class to even have a chance.

B) Forces me to use (almost) every skill at my disposal to complete, including interrupts, stuns, and defensive cooldowns.

C) Requires a high level companion to assist.

D) Disables grouping entirely while in the instance.

E) Requires Optimized gear in at least the top two gear tiers.

F) No Bolster. No healing terminals. Just you and your companion.

Basically, I want something that is, at the very least, on par with how difficult the class story final bosses were back in beta/launch days, where if you stood in stupid, or failed to interrupt certain moves, you died, and you deserved it. Something that assumes you know how to play your class, and punishes you harshly for every mistake you make.

I also want the Devs to be very clear from the start that this is intended to be extremely challenging, even for well geared and experienced players.

I also want it to be completely optional, so the forums aren't flooded with the cries of people who can't complete it, and are unable to advance their main storyline.

I agree 100%.

im just returning to the game after a couple years off and my only concern with the game is how insanely easy it is.

I think the division here is based on the alliance box rewards on the heroics. If there were heroic solo missions for boxes, and heroic +2 and +4 with greater rewards and challenges i think everyone would be happy.

I dont consider taking a half hour or longer battling through a challenging area with difficult enemies a grind....thats the game. What feels like a grind is mapping to an area called heroic and letting my companion kill everything til i collect what i need to collect and map out 20 times a day.

I agree 100%.

im just returning to the game after a couple years off and my only concern with the game is how insanely easy it is.

I think the division here is based on the alliance box rewards on the heroics. If there were heroic solo missions for boxes, and heroic +2 and +4 with greater rewards and challenges i think everyone would be happy.

I dont consider taking a half hour or longer battling through a challenging area with difficult enemies a grind....thats the game. What feels like a grind is mapping to an area called heroic and letting my companion kill everything til i collect what i need to collect and map out 20 times a day.

Very well said

Very well said

I would personally love to see some solo content that is actually hard. Solo content does not always have to be easy, contrary to popular belief.

I want something that:

A) Forces me to be extremely proficient at playing my class to even have a chance.

B) Forces me to use (almost) every skill at my disposal to complete, including interrupts, stuns, and defensive cooldowns.

Basically, I want something that is, at the very least, on par with how difficult the class story final bosses were back in beta/launch days, where if you stood in stupid, or failed to interrupt certain moves, you died, and you deserved it. Something that assumes you know how to play your class, and punishes you harshly for every mistake you make.

I also want the Devs to be very clear from the start that this is intended to be extremely challenging, even for well geared and experienced players.

I also want it to be completely optional, so the forums aren't flooded with the cries of people who can't complete it, and are unable to advance their main storyline.

I guess you could do tactical Flashpoints solo with companion (now that they are all L65), this would probably tick most of your boxes (and no I don't mean in SOLO mode).

I like the heroics as they are now. Some of them are a good challenge and would kill my toons without some management and tactics on my part. Others are certainly easier, but that is fine too.

There are very few areas where I can just let my companion do the work for me without any input from my character.

I agree 100%.

I on the other hand have the exact opposite opinion. then again my companion does not go and kill everything as they generally cant without assistance.

I do agree that to a degree the Alliance Crates do make a difference on this. If it wasn't for the crates I'd not mind heroics taking longer, but then probably wouldn't be doing them either.

I have loved that this new system now has me off visiting old worlds and doing the heroics I'd never bothered with before. In recent weeks I have been completing most of my Heroic Defender titles and that is great.

I on the other hand have the exact opposite opinion. then again my companion does not go and kill everything as they generally cant without assistance.

I do agree that to a degree the Alliance Crates do make a difference on this. If it wasn't for the crates I'd not mind heroics taking longer, but then probably wouldn't be doing them either.

I have loved that this new system now has me off visiting old worlds and doing the heroics I'd never bothered with before. In recent weeks I have been completing most of my Heroic Defender titles and that is great.

I also am enjoying going back and running planets long forgotten. And im glad that others are doing these missions too. I really dont want to rain on everyones parade just to challenge myself more.

I stand by the idea of heroic solo duo and 4mans. i think thats the best diplomatic route to keep us all enjoying the game

Dismiss your companion and, voila, more difficult Heroic missions.

/thread

/signed

You want to be more challenging? This is how you do it without ruining it for other players.. especially for those that don't have all day to spend on grinding such as myself. *peace*

Edited by Hall_

I guess you could do tactical Flashpoints solo with companion (now that they are all L65), this would probably tick most of your boxes (and no I don't mean in SOLO mode).

I like the heroics as they are now. Some of them are a good challenge and would kill my toons without some management and tactics on my part. Others are certainly easier, but that is fine too.

There are very few areas where I can just let my companion do the work for me without any input from my character.

I could, but I'm specifically talking about content that was designed from the ground up to be challenging solo content, and where grouping for it is not an option. Something to help dispel the notion that solo content must, by nature, be easy.

LOL I just did the Nar Shadaa and Tattoine heroics last night aon a 53 sage (in level 35 gear) by sending Qyzen in to just wipe out the mobs with VERY VERY VERY little assistance from me

Your definition of "Good CHALLENGE" is grossly different then mine (or reality)

Oh and Qyzen was influence 4, just for record

I do not want the Heroic missions be more time consuming, I want them just to give players a more better challenge, It would be like the daily missions on oricon during it's early release. The alliance system is already a "grind" I just think they should at least make it a more rewarding one instead of just having to face-roll through mobs with a healer companion.

A way to make things challenging may be to introduced some puzzles to the flashpoints, such as makeb (minus the gas chamber). Those can be a heroic more challenging without adding extra npc the heroic. I know my boyfriend and I like challenges.

I disagree as this would defy the point of the companion re-balance. Some are hard enough as it is and the others being easy just give people a chance to quickly get through some get some rewards.

Even with the current state of companions, some take plenty long enough and are more than enough of a challenge, of course all depending on influence levels.

lol you're challenged by some of the heroics? Your gear must and influence ranks must be terrible. I've only ever done about 2 or 3 heroics across the entire game since 4.0 that are challenging to a max level player. And all of those were higher-level heroics (Voss, Makeb ect.) that used to be Heroic 4s that just had their name changed instead of their difficulty. (btw thanks for doing that bioware, I appreciate a bit of stimulation now and then among the grind. Love that.) I would personally love to see them add the Oricon Heroic to the list of Alliance Weeklies, would love to get alliance credit for doing it, even if it is a an older daily.

I want something that:

I know it's not entirely what you are probably looking for, but I've soloed all the Star Fortress FP's in Heroic mode and they are probably (besides lower-level FP's like Athiss and Hammer Station, and a few higher-level FP's like False Emperor) the closest thing in-game to what you're looking for. The final fights with the Exarchs are, quite frankly amazing and punishing. Very, very enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding.

Maybe there should be a Nightmare mode for all the Heroics, but the only reward beyond the normal is the "Glutton for Punishment: <Planet>" title for doing all of them on each planet!

Go on....

Edited by MayhemofChaonus

• 1 year later...

A few ideas I also have would be to have 3 tiers of planetary missions. [Daily], [Heroic], and [Legendary]. There can be a [Weekly] for each tier of missions.

[Daily] missions can be easily soloed. They could bring back the dailies on Ilum and Belsavis. Maybe the Bonus Series on each planet can be done once a week? They would need to add one for Corellia though. Each mission would offer a small amount of CXP and alliance crates. The weekly would offer more.

[Heroic] missions are meant to be 2 manned although they can be soloed. The difficulty would depend on your current level. They offer a medium amount of CXP and alliance crates.

[Legendary] missions require a group to do them, they would be added to the group finder. It would be like a shorter version of an uprising or tactical flashpoint. There would be healing stations if you have no healer in your group. They offer a large amount of CXP and alliance crates.

tell me what you think of these ideas?

Edited by MrNihulus

Heroics are what they are.

Difficult? it depends, if you remove the companion they are next to impossible to solo, however with just ONE other player they are even easier then most other heroics with companion.

I can guarantee nobody can do a heroic solo, without a companion at all without ANT difficulties what so ever.

I would rather encounter far fewer NPC's but more challenging ones (and actually be properly rewarded!) than having to wade through thousands of these one-hit wonders.

It would certainly add suspension to the game knowing that the next enemy or group you encounter could very well defeat you. It would add some realism too. Just for the sake of lore and story, legendary Jedi like Satele and Revan would seem even more impressive in comparison to you, the player, for their ability to deal with a few dozen adversaries when you are being taxed to the limit when encountering a group of four or five. I mean, a Gundark doesn't worry me in the slightest. It probably should worry me, shouldn't it? I should probably need some help taking such a monstrousity down.

I remember hugging the ground very often after sparring with Mandalorians in KOTOR. That was fun. It made Mandalorians seem like real tough guys and respectable warriors. You know what I mean?

Edited by saberscreen