Please reduce the required number of pvp matches to get certain companions in KotFE

Lunafox

The level of self entitlement in this thread is laughable. Seriously the companion locked behind a pvp wall is fine as it is. Really 20 pvp matches and you get a companion or valor rank 40 . This isn't an unrealistic gate. It's a good way to introduce new blood to pvp. Of all the crying people complaining wah we don't like pvp ... how many have actually bothered to que up and try a match or two ? I'm willing to bet less then 1% of the complainers have ever tried.

Guess I'm among the 1% then. I have tried it, and I hate it. There have a gander. I speak from experience, and that experience sucked. This pic is from the pve server I play on in NA. I have lvl 27 valour on the EU pvp server too, ToFN which was Lord Calypho. The EUpvp is actually where I started this game. I can provide that pic too, if anyone wants to see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/MyValorRank_zpsscymsbn2.jpg

Edit: Just for the lulz...here is my rank on the EUpvp server too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/MyValorRankEUPVP_zpsodt5ruho.jpg

If they want new blood for pvp, 5 matches should be enough for most people to see if they want to participate or not. A reduction isn't asking for a lot here. The point here too, is that there shouldn't be stuff hidden behind a pvp gate. They don't tell us enough, we're in the dark here, but I want to make it plain that it's not right to gate certain content behind pvp, especially when one plays on a PVE server.

I can also see by the nice way you refer to other people whose opinions differ from yours as 'whining wimps' that you're one of those charmers, that make the pvp here as special as it is.

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And seeing how some have gone as far as to PM me after a match to tell me to quit the game altogether, I don't think my chances of remaining in a match until the end would be very good.

This right here. In the PvP forums, they are crying about PvEers who won't even try, then this guy gets PMs telling him to quit the game because he is not good enough despite that he tries. So PvPers don't want people to simply try, they want them to be "good enough."

Which leads me back to my original advice if you feel you simply must get Pierce or 4X: turn off chat and run around aimlessly. The 1337 PvPers get easy kills (which is all they care about anyway) and the PvEer gets his match credit. Win-win.

The level of self entitlement in this thread is laughable. Seriously the companion locked behind a pvp wall is fine as it is. Really 20 pvp matches and you get a companion or valor rank 40 . This isn't an unrealistic gate. It's a good way to introduce new blood to pvp.

You really don't get it, do you? :rolleyes:

Of all the crying people complaining wah we don't like pvp ... how many have actually bothered to que up and try a match or two ? I'm willing to bet less then 1% of the complainers have ever tried.

I don't play the game to "expand my horizons." If that's how you have fun, go for it.

For those who do pvp or enjoy pvpving this is a terrific thank you by bioware for participation in an aspect of the game some may not always enjoy.

What does this even mean? "Thank you, BioWare. for 'forcing' PvP-hating PvEers to do WZs?"

All that said, I'd be fine with a "bypass" button. I have no intention of ever getting Pierce or 4X. I have 17 companions on my main. I will muddle through somehow.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yes actually. I do believe that. A few months ago, the devs through Eric promised a new and vibrant solution to ease the pvpers woes of having no one to pvp with, and the long queues they have to endure for pops on their warzones. Many thought it might be cross server...but it wasn't. Have you seen any other 'solution' to the problem? Do you see anything else that Eric might have alluded to as a solution to pvp queue wait problems? The time table would be about right I think, for them to bring their 'wondrous idea into effect' from announcement to release of KotFE.

...i dont even...

Honestly I couldn't tell the difference in the quality of the matches but 20 matches is probable a bit extreme.

They could bump it down to 5 or make PvE options I honestly don't see why 20 matches. Even I don't play that many in a day. (I have 208 on 2 toons and 204 on the rest of my PvP toons, 60+ Valor)

The gating thing is even weirder as it makes choices more rigid. I don't see why they make refuse and have it impact the story and make "choices matter".

As someone who does enjoy PvP, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't find it fun when someone basically stands around because they don't know what to do, or get melted too fast to want to try because they don't have gear. It clearly isn't fun for the player that doesn't like PvP either. I think 5 matches total, regardless of win or lose, is plenty, or 8-10 if they keep wins counting as x2. It's enough to try and get more people interested in PvP, without forcing too much of a painful grind for everyone involved (minus the other team :p)

LOL, sure on the PVP server. Go home. :p

Im on a pvp server and i didnt do warzones for over 3 years. No one aside from my warriors will get Pierce.

Since im sure someone will ask:

Why am I on a pvp server but hate pvp here do you ask?

When I started her back in the beginning, I came with friends from World of Warcraft. I am on a pvp server there, also from the beginning, our guild had 2 nights a week dedicated to Arenas, 1 night a week to Warzones (on top of 3 nights a week progression raiding)

I stay on my server because my friends are/were here, and I dont care to lose my names transferring.

Do I hate PvPing?

Not in WoW, I also PvPd quite a bit in RIFTS.

PvPs just not fun here.

I PvE. I joined a PvE server to PvE NOT to PvP. If I wanted to PvP I'd have joined a PvP server. That being the case why should I be forced to PvP on a PvE server to get ANY companion, indeed anything at all, whether I particularly want it or not? I do not WANT to PvP. I do not LIKE to PvP. I should not HAVE to PvP. I should be able to gain any comp without having to PvP.

Sure, I can stand around in 5, or 10, or 20, or 50 PvP matches and wait for the elitists (and hopefully some genuine PvP'ers) to gain my comp for me but why should I HAVE to? It is going to be boring for me and frustrating for the REAL PvP'ers ... the only ones who will get a kick out of it are the elitists because it will give them something else to whine to BW about.

I PvE. I joined a PvE server to PvE NOT to PvP. If I wanted to PvP I'd have joined a PvP server. That being the case why should I be forced to PvP on a PvE server to get ANY companion, indeed anything at all, whether I particularly want it or not? I do not WANT to PvP. I do not LIKE to PvP. I should not HAVE to PvP. I should be able to gain any comp without having to PvP.

Sure, I can stand around in 5, or 10, or 20, or 50 PvP matches and wait for the elitists (and hopefully some genuine PvP'ers) to gain my comp for me but why should I HAVE to? It is going to be boring for me and frustrating for the REAL PvP'ers ... the only ones who will get a kick out of it are the elitists because it will give them something else to whine to BW about.

you're not being forced to do anything

are you choosing to get the pointless piearce companion skin, or not?

you're not being forced to do anything

are you choosing to get the pointless piearce companion skin, or not?

And if having the "Pointless Pierce Companion Skin" is -REQUIRED- to get Khem or someone else i want to get back on my inquisitor because he is part of her class/story?

Recruiting Qyzen is -required- to be able to get Lokin, who might Pierce be -required- to recruit to get?

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Im on a pvp server and i didnt do warzones for over 3 years. No one aside from my warriors will get Pierce.

Since im sure someone will ask:

Why am I on a pvp server but hate pvp here do you ask?

When I started her back in the beginning, I came with friends from World of Warcraft. I am on a pvp server there, also from the beginning, our guild had 2 nights a week dedicated to Arenas, 1 night a week to Warzones (on top of 3 nights a week progression raiding)

I stay on my server because my friends are/were here, and I dont care to lose my names transferring.

Do I hate PvPing?

Not in WoW, I also PvPd quite a bit in RIFTS.

PvPs just not fun here.

LOL, you go home too. :p *hugs*

That sounds kind of like my sad story...We went to the pvp server to play with our friend...but then there was issues of our play times matching up owing to time zones, jobs and we drifted apart. It didn't help that the hubby went to the pve server and loved it, and I stayed back on the pvp server and hated it...so after a while I followed the hubby over to Krayt Dragon...which is now Shadowlands :D We were at RFO, which was good for pvp, didn't hate it there, but everywhere else...yah, I can do without it.

And if having the "Pointless Pierce Companion Skin" is -REQUIRED- to get Khem or someone else i want to get back on my inquisitor because he is part of her class/story?

Recruiting Qyzen is -required- to be able to get Lokin, who might Pierce be -required- to recruit to get?

if if if if if

As for the PvP ranking I don't mind being deadw weight. I just Que up and when it pops I just get off what ever platform and put on some tea of coffee. I come back to either a win or a loss. Either way I'm cool.

For queyzon I just roam around for the worthy critters. It's really not that bad. I'm just waiting for the new content anyway.

I do find it irritating to have to farm influence with those 4 quest givers so I can get companions that I actually want to quest with. I dislike those 4 clowns and I really dislike theron shan. Honestly I wanted so bad to be able to kill him.

I continue to be amazed at all the crying over this. It's unbelievable.

So BW is trying to get people to experience different parts of the game. ERMAGERD NO!!!!!!!!

I understand not enjoying it, but at 20 WZs this is only 5 more than doing 1 weekly (which, obviously, requires 15 WZs). Just doing 3 days of the dailies (one quest at 4, the next opens upon completion and requires 2) will get you 18. This is such a tiny investment of time. It's altogether baffling why this is an issue.

And if your issue is that you can't get your class's original comps back, isn't there a terminal for that? Without having to complete anything?

I don't play pvp, but I don't mind that as much as the "other" one who ask for world boss kill. At least the PvP one is optional, and as soon as you talk to him, no matter if you didn't knew him before or don't do the pvp quest, the prerequisite for the next wave of companion is met.

On the other hand, the lizard is not optional. If you don't do his quest, you can't unlock all the other companion that come, and according to Musco, ALL the alliance companion to come. So while you can skip the pvp companion and still have all the other, you can't skip the lizard. You are essentially stuck at this stage of the Alliance companion recruitment.

Which is terrible, because WB have a terrible respawn, need a full raid, can't be pugged through LFG, so you either have to camp and grind the same spot 20 times, or jump from planet to planet hoping for a group to be made.

And if your issue is that you can't get your class's original comps back, isn't there a terminal for that? Without having to complete anything?

People want their companion more for the promised story behind, than for having a walking doll to put all their expensive cartel armor. Believe it or not.

Edited by erei

I continue to be amazed at all the crying over this. It's unbelievable.

So BW is trying to get people to experience different parts of the game. ERMAGERD NO!!!!!!!!

I understand not enjoying it, but at 20 WZs this is only 5 more than doing 1 weekly (which, obviously, requires 15 WZs). Just doing 3 days of the dailies (one quest at 4, the next opens upon completion and requires 2) will get you 18. This is such a tiny investment of time. It's altogether baffling why this is an issue.

I don't mind you carrying me through 20 PvP matches. Don't expect me to be anything but a burden though.

And failing utterly.

Add another person to the list of those who simply do not get it.

Said as if that's some sort of an insult lol. I don't get it because it's inane. It's beyond silly. There's nothing TO GET. Just do your WZs. Or don't. Nobody's forcing anything. This is a game. The game's creators have told you how to attain an in-game item. Do it or don't. That has always been the player's choice in a video game. This is absolutely no different.

I don't get it because the only "it" is just a bunch of entitled whiners with no leg to stand on.

Said as if that's some sort of an insult lol.

If you regard cluelessness as a desirable trait, then it's a compliment.

What a childish, petulant attitude. Mommy's not going to buy your toy so you're going to throw a fit in the middle of the store isle?

Oh, well. Kinda tough cookies for you if they happen to be on your team, eh? But a boon if they are on the other team. So it's pretty much a toss-up.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If you regard cluelessness as a desirable trait, then it's a compliment.

Oh, well. Kinda tough cookies for you if they happen to be on your team, eh? But a boon if they are on the other team. So it's pretty much a toss-up.

It's not about cluelessness. I've read the arguments. They just seem pointless to me. Probably because I don't walk through life thinking everybody owes me whatever I want.

EDIT: I'll even address the "issue." On the first page of this thread you say:

You have entirely and utterly failed to grasp the issue. The issue is "What if they gate something behind Pierce/4X?" I think it is unlikely they will do so (although Eric Musco made a post that seemed like it implied that it was possible), but that is the concern.

That's why the solution should be "Let people say no to the companion and remove any possible 'gate'."

So basically you're complaining about an unknown future. And in said unknown future, you still have the ability to complete the objectives. In other words, the entire thing is pointless until we know for sure that it's a gate. And once we know it's a gate, it's STILL pointless because you can still achieve it with minimal time/effort.

Edited by Duedroth