Recommend a PvP class

ripamorame

Hello i have recently returned and am looking for a high skill capped class that rewards a good player i often use a operative as my go to as they can carry games etc but i must have fatigue or something from playing it constantly in every expansion i was wondering if anyone could throw me some suggestions or ideas? I am not interested in a assassin at all and sorc is a maybe but they're everywhere and madness is boring i do run with a PT tank friend constantly but don't want to heal can anyone suggest anything?

Engineering snipers are really good as node guards if you know how to play the class well. You can kill and delay multiple people after asking your team for reinforcements, and you should have ample time for back up.

Maras are great when they have their CDs. Miss one CD and you become more of a liability. I'd say they are best utilized as the rush with other teammates. But they flourish when you have a healer on your team. I'd say the average player doesn't know how to play their mara correctly. I find that assassin deception or darkness are the best node guards though. Followed by PT tanks and then engineering snipers.

If i were node guarding on a sniper how to they fair in a 1vs1? See i was thinking maybe marauder but i don't know if i would enjoy it.

Snipers fair quite well 1v1 actually, especially against melee. The amount of damage they can dish out is absurd, not to mention at a distance (gap closers cannot be used when you are in cover). Snipers are capable of melting another player if they're dumb enough to face tank you when you're not in range.

Against other range classes, snipers fair not as well, but can hold their own. You'll beat any other range class in a "who can burn the other player faster" scenario.