Jugg vs Marauder

HemiHilliard

Marauders do more damage. Juggernauts have more utility*. I believe Rage is the burstiest spec for both.

On dedicated teams Marauders tend to do better.

In PUGs Juggernauts tend to do better.

* Although predation is pretty decent in terms of utility.

Generally, for a player with the same level of skill in all specs, Anni>Carnage>Vengeance>Rage>Fury. Carnage is burstiest by far out of them all I believe. Utility-wise, Juggs are tankier, but maras have more for actual raid-wide utility (berserk in anni, predation, bloodthirst).

Oddly enough i feel "weaker" on my Jugg in PUGs. mainly because if you get targeted, ppl will burn you through all the defensive tools you have ( including Saber reflect and enraged defense ).

On my Mara i feel that the defensive tools are more effective:

- Force camo will stealth you , provide 50% dmg reduction and cleanse ( if you took the uility ). It also allows for breathing room for your healer to bring you back, or for you to retreat. It drops target so that is a big bonus.

- Undying rage will get ppl to switch form you most of the times, and allow for your healer to top you off. It also good for those pesky burst classed ( MMs, PTs, other Maras )

- Cloak of pain - if used properly, you can get up to 30 sec of 20% DR

- Obfuscate is yet another good CD that can possibly help you or provide great dmg reduction for your targets target ( usually your healer )

When playing Veng is something different as you don't get targeted as much, but otherwise ....

That being said , I do like the occasional " I burst you and you burst yourself moments " that Reflect offers.

Generally, for a player with the same level of skill in all specs, Anni>Carnage>Vengeance>Rage>Fury. Carnage is burstiest by far out of them all I believe. Utility-wise, Juggs are tankier, but maras have more for actual raid-wide utility (berserk in anni, predation, bloodthirst).

Carnage is middle of the road in terms of burst and sustain. It is capable of high damage output but the burst isn't comparable to Fury for Marauders.

OP, if you're only interested in big numbers at a time then Rage Juggernaut will have the best results for you especially now after 4.0 because of War Bringer. Juggernauts get to use Vicious Throw after Force Leap (once high enough in level) plus they get to use Retaliate. Basically they have more options to use higher damage attacks than their Marauder brothers and sisters.

If you want the best possible damage get good at Anni Marauder or Carnage. Don't just play them. Get good. Both have high skill caps, especially Carnage - at least to me, and they are not for derpy players. Vengeance Juggernaut is fairly newb friendly but the priorities on what to use and when do take some practice.

Also, keep in mind most of these parse within 5% of each other.

I happen to have 4 Sith Warriors and 3 Jedi Knights. I've played all of the specs. :)

If you want the best possible damage get good at Anni Marauder or Carnage. Don't just play them. Get good. Both have high skill caps, especially Carnage - at least to me, and they are not for derpy players. Vengeance Juggernaut is fairly newb friendly but the priorities on what to use and when do take some practice.

Annihilation has higher skill cap than Carnage.