Idea that may make most people happy. (companion thread #93423423423423)

DaForceiswithme

Hoping to come up with a solution to make most people happy on the companion issue. Here is what i would like to see in place.

1. Back load the stats gained for the companion influence levels and increase the overall stats gained for a fully max companion. This ensures that people that put the time in as far as 3-4 hours a week can eventually have the 4.0 companions back(maybe stronger). Also as you play more and more you will start getting to the point that all characters will be able to solo everything except group flash points and ops. I think this will show a real sense of progression. At first you seem weak but after keeping at it you slowly notice that you get super strong.

2. Add companion influence bonus to perk for joining a guild. This is to help people that play maybe 1 hour a week close the gap on someone playing for 40. Plus being in a guild can help players in the early stages of the end game process and of course help gear them out for the ops and FP.

3. Negate influence stats bonuses to actual story missions.

Doing this I feel will help give you a better way to plan a baseline on how powerful companions SHOULD BE. Do you have to balance content to influence level 11 or 20 or 0? Now it don't matter. You can take these numbers and ease them into the leveling processes also.

4. Have a way to DECREASE companion influence to give people a choice to players who want to set their own difficulty outside the story content. Plus i hate kosh so anything to make him angry is a bonus.

Thoughts??

Edited by DaForceiswithme

Hoping to come up with a solution to make most people happy on the companion issue. Here is what i would like to see in place.

1. Back load the stats gained for the companion influence levels and increase the overall stats gained for a fully max companion. This ensures that people that put the time in as far as 3-4 hours a week can eventually have the 4.0 companions back(maybe stronger). Also as you play more and more you will start getting to the point that all characters will be able to solo everything except group flash points and ops. I think this will show a real sense of progression. At first you seem weak but after keeping at it you slowly notice that you get super strong.

2. Add companion influence bonus to perk for joining a guild. This is to help people that play maybe 1 hour a week close the gap on someone playing for 40. Plus being in a guild can help players in the early stages of the end game process and of course help gear them out for the ops and FP.

3. Negate influence stats bonuses to actual story missions.

Doing this I feel will help give you a better way to plan a baseline on how powerful companions SHOULD BE. Do you have to balance content to influence level 11 or 20 or 0? Now it don't matter. You can take these numbers and ease them into the leveling processes also.

4. Have a way to DECREASE companion influence to give people a choice to players who want to set their own difficulty outside the story content. Plus i hate kosh so anything to make him angry is a bonus.

Thoughts??

4.0 comps will simply never come back at any influence level because they simply broke the game and made the parts they didn't boring.

Letting players set their own comp levels will never happen. It would break other parts, and morover when I asked if people who wanted this would accept less rewards for taking the easy way out, I got jumped on every which way, which tells me the people who want this most don't want an easy story, they want easy rewards.

Edited by ZanyaCross

4.0 comps will simply never come back at any influence level because they simply broke the game and made the parts they didn't boring.

Letting players set their own comp levels will never happen. It would break other parts, and morover when I asked if people who wanted this would accept less rewards for taking the easy way out, I got jumped on every which way, which tells me the people who want this most don't want an easy story, they want easy rewards.

The whole issue is about rewards, It is not about casual players, it is about entitlists. They want everything as easy and fast as possible.

Edited by Neglience

They should just give a item that people can use that make's their comps deal 50% less damage, heal 50% less, and take twice the damage when not in pvp combat.

And while that item is active, loot from defeated enemies give double the credits and twice the chance to get rare items. (Maybe even quadruple it) Also, maybe make the quests themselves that were completed completely while this buff (well debuff) is active give extra Data Crystals.

They should just give a item that people can use that make's their comps deal 50% less damage, heal 50% less, and take twice the damage when not in pvp combat.

And while that item is active, loot from defeated enemies give double the credits and twice the chance to get rare items. (Maybe even quadruple it) Also, maybe make the quests themselves that were completed completely while this buff (well debuff) is active give extra Data Crystals.

Yes, extra rewards would be the way to go rather than taking away rewards if such a system were implemented.